7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Republicans support raising the minimum wage.

https://blog.dol.gov/2016/07/22/7-fa...-minimum-wage/
    They dont they prefer that issue to be dealt by the states. Trump himself said it (1) and it's on the party platform as well. (2)

(1) https://youtu.be/BXorazroxNs
    (2) https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amaz...3&rid=16464502
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-07-28 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    They dont they prefer that issue to be dealer by the states. Trump himself said it (1) and it's on the party platform as well. (2)

(1) https://youtu.be/BXorazroxNs
    (2) https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amaz...3&rid=16464502
    But on a national level it isn't unheard of for a republican president to agree to raising it is the point of that link. The next president will raise it.

Deleted
    He had time to prepare though and out of the 12 questions 9 are one liners and answer to trivial things. I specially loved his answer towards the H-1B abuse. I'll do the opposite of what hillary does. They guy doesn't add substance to his answers and do not provide any detail whatsoever. Bernie's AMA was better, Obama’s AMA while answering to 10 questions at least he provided möre than one line answers and actually gave detail on what he planned to do. Even Alex jones provided more detail
    Would you liked if he linked you his draft for a law? I think it's absurd to demand that of him when Hillary has the same one line answers.

7+ Year Old Account
    But on a national level it isn't unheard of for a republican president to agree to raising it is the point of that link. The next president will raise it.
    Of course it's not unheard of, but trump himself and the majority of the party oppose the idea. IIRC Paul Ryan is one of the few republican that support a federal increase

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Would you liked if he linked you his draft for a law? I think it's absurd to demand that of him when Hillary has the same one line answers.
    Not really, but I expected more than one line answers. Alex jones did a better AMA, his answers were nonsense but he provided actual amswers to the questions asked. Likd when I ask you about what you will do on x I expect some substance not an answer that barely touches the question.

Of course it's not unheard of, but trump himself and the majority of the party oppose the idea. IIRC Paul Ryan is one of the few republican that support a federal increase

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, but I expected more than one line answers. Alex jones did a better AMA, his answers were nonsense but he provided actual amswers to the questions asked. Likd when I ask you about what you will do on x I expect some substance not an answer that barely touches the question.
    He doesn't think it fixes the problem. He never said he wanted to raise it unless you've seen him say that somewhere I haven't. When it's raised to 15 an hour it actually becomes more like this. Which is why states are better at deciding it. Plus there are a bunch of other reasons also but I don't really want to get into a lengthy discussion right now over it.

Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-07-28 at 07:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hahahaha.
    The only thing he REALLY gave an answer to is when he could bash Hillary.
    The rest is either not an answer or just "I have a plan!".
    I would say please provide Hillary's counter-points but then I remember she didn't had a Press Conference for ~230 days now. Keep on shaming Trump for you failing to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "But Hillary!"
    Good argument, almost as good as Trump's AMA.
    Please stop flaming. You provide zero value to this thread and just gloat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    You are tremendously and purposely dense.
    I already pointed you to the pages with the Schedule A and its worksheet. They deducted their taxes, mortgage, and their charitable contributions. Very simple.
    If items aren't listed there, the Clintons didn't deduct them. The numbers all add up. There is no missing data.

You are so divorced from reality that you have to make up a scandal of "hundreds of inappropriate or questionable deductions" when the numbers publicly listed for everyone directly contradict it.

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting on Trump to provide even the tiniest shred of transparency and honesty.
    Nobody who makes the kind of money that the Clintons do, only has taxes, mortgage, and charity contributions as their only deductions. Hillary is so crooked I wouldnt put it past her to have just made fake tax returns to post while hiding the real ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Correct. It's not treasonous, but it's borderline sedition.
    se·di·tion
    səˈdiSH(ə)n/
    noun
    conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch

A large portion of Americans think its time to rebel against our tyrannical government overlords. Its why Trump and Bernie has been so popular and Why Trump currently leads Crooked Hillary in polls. However asking Russia to hand over emails that they already obtained isnt sedition. Maybe using the emails to show the truth about our current government leaders once we get them could be considered sedition, but on the other hand, the emails are real and show the truth about how they operate so its only exposing our leaders for the crooked scumbags they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Frankly? I don't know. The British probably would think it was General Washington.
    Who was a hero and our greatest President, and Trump will follow in his footsteps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    That Trump speech yesterday was just so embarrassing. Just a complete lack of respect for what he is doing at the moment. You're running for the president of the United States, this is not some fucking b-level reality TV show. Act like and adult and pretend you understand the consequences of doing things like this.

Sorry, rant over.
    Well you know who didn't held a Press Conference for about 230+ days now? Hillary Clinton! I guess democrats can mindread, no need for her to speak to the electorate, they already know what to expect of her!

7+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't think it fixes the problem. He never said he wanted to raise it unless you've seen him say that somewhere I haven't. When it's raised to 15 an hour it actually becomes more like this. Which is why states are better at deciding it. Plus there are a bunch of other reasons also but I don't really want to get into a lengthy discussion right now over it.

Not saying that it's bad policy to not responsible raise it. I'm againSt the idea of rasing it to 15$. I just sayed that republicans oppose the idea. All an increase to 10$ wouldn't be a bad idea.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying that it's bad policy to not responsible raise it. I'm againSt the idea of rasing it to 15$. I just sayed that republicans oppose the idea. All an increase to 10$ wouldn't be a bad idea.
    You are not disagreeing with Trump then. He has said the states should decide and is against a 15 dollar federal min wage. Which would be disastrous for some businesses in some states. Even a 10 min wage , some states it would equal a higher increase than others. What the government should do is pass a law each state has to have a increase to their min wage based on the CPI each year. This is what Ohio does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So, I'm curious, is Trump really that opposed to TPP? I mean he has made it a core issues, possibly the only issue he is consistent on, but he also was willing to essentially be a puppet president for John Kaisach if he would be his VP. Yet John Kaisach is in love with TPP?

Why would he be willing to turn over his presidency to a man supporting a policy Trump so virulently seems to oppose?
    He would be the man in charge with the final word. What he wants to do is have the VP more active in the government. They have traditionally not had much of a role to do other than proceed over congress in a basically non active role ( tie breaker vote should it be necessary ) or be there to fill the office of President should they become incapacitated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    At minimum, Trump is asking for a foreign country to have a direct effect on the American electoral process. Yet more hypocrisy from the King of hypocrites.

At its worst, Trump is actively requesting a foreign country to illegally acquire possibly classified information from one of the highest positions in the American government. They call that treasonous.
    He was being sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He was being sarcastic.
    He wasn't being sarcastic. And we both know it. He's obviously backtracking because of the bad press.

But let's pretend that he was being sarcastic. That's an excellent quality for a Presidential nominee! I want them to be sarcastic when answering serious questions about Russia being involved with America's election. Instead of disavowing Russia and any involvement, I want the Presidential nominee to make sarcastic comments about how he wants them to involve themselves further.

(that's me being sarcastic)
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    He wasn't being sarcastic. And we both know it. He's obviously backtracking because of the bad press.

But let's pretend that he was being sarcastic. That's an excellent quality for a Presidential nominee! I want them to be sarcastic when answering serious questions about Russia being involved with America's election. Instead of disavowing Russia and any involvement, I want the Presidential nominee to make sarcastic comments about how he wants them to involve themselves further.

(that's me being sarcastic)
    It is you expressing a opinion of what you think is sarcasm. But you are not running for President or have the votes he will get. Most people are going to see this as a good point of just how careless Hillary was and it very well could have harmed the US. If you think for a moment most people accept the no charges by the FBI as being the correct one, you will find out this Nov if that is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is you expressing a opinion of what you think is sarcasm. But you are not running for President or have the votes he will get. Most people are going to see this as a good point of just how careless Hillary was and it very well could have harmed the US. If you think for a moment most people accept the no charges by the FBI as being the correct one, you will find out this Nov if that is true.
    I'm not even sure what you're saying here. Do you think it's a good quality of a Presidential nominee to deflect serious questions with sarcasm?
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I'm not even sure what you're saying here. Do you think it's a good quality of a Presidential nominee to deflect serious questions with sarcasm?
    For him under the circumstances it was a smart answer. This is what Trump is good at. Stirring up the media overreaction and redirecting his opponents attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    For him under the circumstances it was a smart answer. This is what Trump is good at. Stirring up the media overreaction and redirecting his opponents attention.
    What? His answer directly contradicted the statement released by his very own Vice Presidential pick. His statement caused several prominent Republicans, including Paul Ryan, to once again denounce Donald Trump. His statement caused media outlets across the country to criticize Donald Trump for possible collusion with Russia. He's taking focus off the DNC emails, off Hillary's emails, and placing more negative focus on himself.

And you think that was a smart answer?

It's not hard to "be good at stir up the media." All you have to do is say some really stupid shit. There. Boom. Stirred up the media. It's not difficult. At all.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Just as amusingly Romey is calling for Trump to do it after he fought tooth and nail not to release his own

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see Crooked Hillary's entire return. The exact packet that gets sent to the IRS (every sheet, schedule, 1099, deduction, interest statement etc...), and I would agree Trump should do the same. But all most people show is the front page that shows amount of income, deduction amount, and refund/amount owed
    So youre questioning why people want to see trumps tax returns, but saying you want to see Clinton's??? So youre saying its ok for him to withhold his information but its not ok for her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Yes. Yes it is. Incoming "how dare you" rant.
    You're certainly free to believe that.
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    You are not disagreeing with Trump then. He has said the states should decide and is against a 15 dollar federal min wage. Which would be disastrous for some businesses in some states. Even a 10 min wage , some states it would equal a higher increase than others. What the government should do is pass a law each state has to have a increase to their min wage based on the CPI each year. This is what Ohio does.

- - - Updated - - -

He would be the man in charge with the final word. What he wants to do is have the VP more active in the government. They have traditionally not had much of a role to do other than proceed over congress in a basically non active role ( tie breaker vote should it be necessary ) or be there to fill the office of President should they become incapacitated.

- - - Updated - - -

He was being sarcastic.
    Seeing from a lot of studies increase in wages to 10$ wouldn't have a drastic effect in the US economy and not certainly for small businesses