Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I see a lot of people saying drop the 4 set for Fury, did some raiding tonight with my new guild (first since start of the year) and then some simming after it. Using the default action list the sim at least believes the 4 set is worth keeping over a 20ilvl increase on 1 item and 15 ilvl on another (735 T18 chest vs 750 Iron Reave, and 735 T18 shoulders + socket vs 755 Archi shoulders + socket), with haste at over 19% with haste food, just under 18% otherwise with both gearsets. Looking at our Iron Reaver log I did get 2 uses of battle cry in 43 seconds, and the simcraft over a 2 min fight shows 4 uses of Battle Cry.
    That probably has more to do with the stats on those items than the ilvl or tier bonus. The problem with the tier bonus is that we want to use Reck with DR, and so if Reck isn't reduced enough to line up with DR, or it's reduced more than necessary, you don't really gain anything out of it. That said, it is slightly better when using Avatar than WB for the same reason.

It's not a terrible bonus, it just isn't amazing either. Running two quick sims, with no change of gear whatsoever:
    • With bonus disabled - 83,660
    • With bonus enabled - 85,919
    • Net difference - +2.7%
    • With Avatar it jumps by an additional 1%

Now that's more than you'll get out of changing one or two pieces of gear, but if you manage to change a number of them, the ilvl boost should come out ahead. Obviously this isn't something with which a blanket statement can be applied - every individual will see different results, especially with the awkward balancing act that is Fury stats.

I guess with only 2-3 real single target fights it's pretty irrelevant in either case. Also hard to know whether to use WB or Avatar, lots of impressive logs with both on many fights, WB seems to have plenty of times where it just doesn't proc on the pull making it a massive waste compared to Avatar. Fury at 100 seems pretty lacklustre, no particular strengths, I guess it has nice 3-5 target cleave if you can tunnel one target to keep the haste buff up.
    Avatar beats out WB in just about every situation except cleave, and the only time WB performs better is if it actually procs while you're cleaving. For this reason, I don't really like it for HFC, since adds are so short lived and come intermittently. I've tried both, and they perform very close in both simulations and real testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That probably has more to do with the stats on those items than the ilvl or tier bonus. The problem with the tier bonus is that we want to use Reck with DR, and so if Reck isn't reduced enough to line up with DR, or it's reduced more than necessary, you don't really gain anything out of it. That said, it is slightly better when using Avatar than WB for the same reason.

It's not a terrible bonus, it just isn't amazing either. Running two quick sims, with no change of gear whatsoever:
    • With bonus disabled - 83,660
    • With bonus enabled - 85,919
    • Net difference - +2.7%
    • With Avatar it jumps by an additional 1%

Now that's more than you'll get out of changing one or two pieces of gear, but if you manage to change a number of them, the ilvl boost should come out ahead. Obviously this isn't something with which a blanket statement can be applied - every individual will see different results, especially with the awkward balancing act that is Fury stats.
    Not really, swapping Crit Mastery shoulders for Crit Mastery shoulders + 20 ilvl, and swapping Crit/Haste chest for Crit/Mastery chest + 15 ilvl, while balancing off the stats by swapping ilvl736 Crit/Mas Archi cloak for ilvl735 Mythic Haste/mastery cloak. Overall it's just a net gain in all the stats, but the set bonus is just a little better than I thought it was on single target.

As for the WB stuff, most of the fights in HFC have some form of cleave/aoe, WB seems to be the most popular on fights like Archimonde/Iskar, but Avatar is represented in the speedkill level high rankings with those fights too. Infact I think the only way to really rank on iskar is to have ranged heavy team running a speed kill (only melee on adds) tactic.

As I said I found WB not proccing on the pull when I tried it on Iskar, a fight we wiped twice on. Then I just switched to avatar and we killed it, stuck with that for the remainder. WB RNG is not really to my liking, but I ran it on Archimonde.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Not really, swapping Crit Mastery shoulders for Crit Mastery shoulders + 20 ilvl, and swapping Crit/Haste chest for Crit/Mastery chest + 15 ilvl, while balancing off the stats by swapping ilvl736 Crit/Mas Archi cloak for ilvl735 Mythic Haste/mastery cloak. Overall it's just a net gain in all the stats, but the set bonus is just a little better than I thought it was on single target.
    Saying "that" was in response to "people saying drop the 4p for Fury; not about your specific situation. Most people looking into this aren't mythic geared, and so are struggling to get the stats they need. The greater point was that a lot of people think that changing one or two pieces of gear will net an increase over the set bonus, it will not, but changing all of the pieces of gear can.

Regarding WB, the point again was that WB is theoretically better on cleave, the problem with HFC is that most of it is not sustained cleave, it's very bursty, and so the issue is whether or not WB actually procs while you're able to cleave something. Don't put much stock into what people are using for rankings right now, as the majority of that has to do with speed killing, rings, and general trivialization of the encounters. Many of the top 10 ranks aren't even playing very well, they simply have other factors going for them.

Saying "that" was in response to "people saying drop the 4p for Fury; not about your specific situation. Most people looking into this aren't mythic geared, and so are struggling to get the stats they need. The greater point was that a lot of people think that changing one or two pieces of gear will net an increase over the set bonus, it will not, but changing all of the pieces of gear can.

Regarding WB, the point again was that WB is theoretically better on cleave, the problem with HFC is that most of it is not sustained cleave, it's very bursty, and so the issue is whether or not WB actually procs while you're able to cleave something. Don't put much stock into what people are using for rankings right now, as the majority of that has to do with speed killing, rings, and general trivialization of the encounters. Many of the top 10 ranks aren't even playing very well, they simply have other factors going for them.
    Oh I'm well aware of that, I've been there myself back last November when NextLevel were trying to get all the rank 1 speed kills. I had a bunch of very high top 1-20 rankings and half of them included worse playing on my part than many of the logs in my previous guild when I was getting 85-90% rankings on Heroic modes. I was just a benefactor of circumstances, and the kills were just bashing our heads against the bosses with stupid strategies and waiting for the RNG lottery to strike, gets old fast.

As for the rest yeah I agree that makes sense, thanks.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I tried out some pvp yesterday so I could buy the relentless axe (<3) and am I blind? I couldn't find hamstring or any other slow, it was real pain to stay on a ranged.... pretty much impossible to stay on mages and hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by feldara View Post
    I tried out some pvp yesterday so I could buy the relentless axe (<3) and am I blind? I couldn't find hamstring or any other slow, it was real pain to stay on a ranged.... pretty much impossible to stay on mages and hunters...
    Piercing Howl.

Piercing Howl.
    on the gcd ... no passive snare nore off-gcd slows for fury anymore cause you know, we cant be kited xD

Deleted
    Piercing Howl.
    oh ofcourse, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i got one problem with fury. Freaking WW sound starts to piss me off. Hope there will be an addon to turn down or change this fucking salad chopping sound..

When running dungeons and aoe trash for hours it is getting VERY ANNOYING
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Anyone else sad to see the demise of 2x 1H Fury?
    Hopefully it will be back in 8.0, along with Gladiator spec and 2h frost.

Am I totally blind and we still have reck?? Everyone keeps saying using reck... we have battle cry yes, but i have no button anywhere called recklessness on my fury warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    Am I totally blind and we still have reck?? Everyone keeps saying using reck... we have battle cry yes, but i have no button anywhere called recklessness on my fury warrior.
    old habits die hard, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Well i got one problem with fury. Freaking WW sound starts to piss me off. Hope there will be an addon to turn down or change this fucking salad chopping sound..

still a better sound than FS/WS :P

recklessness just still sounds cooler than battle cry ... also reusing glad-stance animation for battle cry is as lame as it gets and the shield just doesnt fit the spell at all -.-
    Last edited by Sethanor; 2016-07-28 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    still a better sound than FS/WS :P

recklessness just still sounds cooler than battle cry ... also reusing glad-stance animation for battle cry is as lame as it gets and the shield just doesnt fit the spell at all -.-
    Agreed on the animation, I believed they changed it to that in the past few months. But I didnt play beta nonstop but I just dont remember that being the animation for it.

I'm sure this was covered but has anyone crunched numbers on the DPS difference between going for Juggernaut VS Rage of the valarjar after we get Odyns Champion? Its the same artifact power to get either after Odyns Champion.

Agreed on the animation, I believed they changed it to that in the past few months. But I didnt play beta nonstop but I just dont remember that being the animation for it.

I'm sure this was covered but has anyone crunched numbers on the DPS difference between going for Juggernaut VS Rage of the valarjar after we get Odyns Champion? Its the same artifact power to get either after Odyns Champion.
    If you plan to raid Juggernaut is the easy choice. For any raid boss, it's going to be real good. Well, until you start killing bosses in 45 seconds again I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    If you plan to raid Juggernaut is the easy choice. For any raid boss, it's going to be real good. Well, until you start killing bosses in 45 seconds again I guess.
    That was my gut feeling as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sethanor ye but You dont spam those as every second skill on aoe :P

I like animation ect just sound is bit to loud i think
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post

If thats your only problem, count yourself lucky. WoD had us spamming WS/FS and that sound is absolutly grating.

The only drawback I have so far is that my hands literally start getting tired on hectic fights haha.

We refuse to accept the name change, same for rallying cry. I linked commanding shout in my raid chat a couple days ago and my guild leader said: "yeah, Im gonna call that rally"