Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did five timewalking dungeons for the quest as disc and it was much harder than TBC dungeons last week. I pretty much had to spam shadowmend all the time and that's not very fun. Got even kicked on my first run when I tried to heal as usual and failed. Then I took Grace and things went somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Pit of Saron though. Holy shit.
    I also found Pit of Saron to be punishing. My boomy is doing around 35k normally. But, scaled to ilvl 160 in this timewalking dungeon, i was doing 2k. I recall, back in Wrath, doing around 8k in this instance.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still seeing dumb replies to one ability that at least half the Tanks I've seen and almost every single group will wipe to at least a few times. Scourgelord Tyrannus still sounds to be completely broken regarding his Forceful Smash. As many other posts have said, how do you prepare to use AM/CDs for an ability that has no warning when it's about to go off and will most likely one shot you? By all means, one shot if you go near him when enraged, then you're being an idiot, but an ability he will use at some point which unless you are lucky will kill you should not be like that, it wasn't during WotLK and there's no reason for it to be now still.

May do one or two for the badges for Rep Tokens and if there's a toy I know I'm missing, but will be dreading seeing the PoS Loading Screen
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm in love with druid healers in timewalking dungeons at the moment, they seem to be the only healer class atm that can handle its own
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yeah kite him through the ice and gg
    So he's only slower when walking over the ice? But the buff says he's speed is reduced by 50%, and it wasn't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    690 is not well geared, not at this level. Come back when you are 720 or higher.
    Did you miss how the post I quoted was talking about non-well geared tanks? What your comment was supposed to bring into the discussion anyway? Just making use of an occasion to laugh at someone's poor gear?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I also found Pit of Saron to be punishing. My boomy is doing around 35k normally. But, scaled to ilvl 160 in this timewalking dungeon, i was doing 2k. I recall, back in Wrath, doing around 8k in this instance.
    Of course you did. Because by the time these dungeons were live in WoTLK, you had at the very minimum 213 ilvl (230 on average, if you actually played the game), not 160 ilvl bullshit you're being scaled into.

Also: 2k is not that bad, actually. I run some random timewalking yesterday just for fun, and I saw tons of people doing less than 1k dps.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-28 at 07:06 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Just had Pit of Saron, pretty much dropped it because people can't be arsed to do the mechanics and the damage compared to healing is, kinda off. Heals are healing for almost nothing and it feels impossible to keep the group up if even 2 people are messing up and one of them is someone important like the tank. I know some are going to go "MUH DIFFICULTY" but it's less about the capabilities of the healer and more about the group and that, isn't particularly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Druid tank here in ilvl 690 gear, who was getting 26k-35k forceful smash hits outside of unholy power, and 49k melee hits with unholy power. Need screens from recount?
    Being a bear explains it, head and shoulders above the other tanks in passive survival atm.

Also wondering if you used a cd and weren't aware of it for the smash (or why you were taking the unholy power other than the prove a point?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Most people haven't experienced that content when it was relevant, and Pit of Saron can be punishing as hell.

Players don't reset their stacks on first boss... they chain stuns on the last, tank doesn't kite over ice patches on the enrage, etc.

So yea, it might be a bit 'harder' than the average timewalking, but it's a matter of player ignorance\inexperience, nothing else.

Unless you were below 232 ilvls kiting tyrannus was never really relevant, and his smash certainly didn't oneshot. I get that it is the mechanics (at least the kiting) but it was undertuned if anything back then
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Nobody disliked Pit back then, people hated Halls of Reflection.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only actual dungeon issues I've had since the patch that's a problem with the game and not players, are some ground effects not displaying properly (for example, the traps the second boss in Iron Docks shoots at you - traps are now invisible and you can only see smoke).

Any other issues, are just incompetent tanks that don't know what they're doing. I did POS with a DK tank (I'm a resto shaman) last night that knew what he was doing, and it was pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Good thing I already have all the items from the last WotLK timewalking. Is there any other good reason to run them?
    weekly quest to farm valor or 3 mounts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Most people haven't experienced that content when it was relevant, and Pit of Saron can be punishing as hell.

Players don't reset their stacks on first boss... they chain stuns on the last, tank doesn't kite over ice patches on the enrage, etc.

So yea, it might be a bit 'harder' than the average timewalking, but it's a matter of player ignorance\inexperience, nothing else.
    Ice patches are not apearing on last boss making the fight almost impossible

I know this thread is about wotlk timewalking but i have to say this. Last week i did Arcatraz timewalking. We got to Dalliah the Doomsayer with 0 wipes. After 5 minutes in combat she was at FULL HP because people with debuff kept attacking her. Funniest part is they claimed boss is bugged and they were pissed off at blizzard. I didn't know if i should laugh or cry....

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Scourgelord Tyrannus definitely has not been hotfixed, I kept getting oneshot by Forceful Smash every time, outside of Unholy Power buff of course. Unless Blizzard really changed the tactics on that one (= kiting it the whole time as someone posted earlier).

But then getting answers to this problem has mostly been "l2p issue", I guess I'll keep waiting for an answer how to predict an unpredictable attack that will oneshot you.
    I don't know how helpful this is, but he does it at the same time every time as far as I can tell. His mechanics all follow a set pattern, so if you can feel the flow of the fight you can predict when he will smash. Alternatively you could probably use the in game stopwatch or an addon to track the fight time and note the exact times that he smashes.

Tbh I'm really surprised that DBM doesn't do this already. I could have sworn it did back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Scourgelord Tyrannus definitely has not been hotfixed, I kept getting oneshot by Forceful Smash every time, outside of Unholy Power buff of course. Unless Blizzard really changed the tactics on that one (= kiting it the whole time as someone posted earlier).

But then getting answers to this problem has mostly been "l2p issue", I guess I'll keep waiting for an answer how to predict an unpredictable attack that will oneshot you.
    There are two problems with Scourgelord at the moment:

1) The graphic for frost patch is now considerably larger than its slowing effect, making it difficult to kite effectively once the ground fills up with frost patch, because you don't really know which parts of the patch slow.
    2) Forceful Smash will one shot tanks through normal active mitigation, so you need a timer for it, and you need to use long cooldowns be constantly topped off by the healer, and pray you have the DPS to kill him before the third Smash/Unholy Power cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Nobody disliked Pit back then, people hated Halls of Reflection.
    Some people disliked PoS. Maybe 1 in ~5 groups or so you'd get someone that would instantly drop as soon as they loaded in. HoR had instant leavers maybe 50% of the time, and Oculus almost all of the time.

Deleted
    Same thing happens as every timewalk event. Bad players wipe groups.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

I did PoS literally hundreds of times when it was current, and this is 110% BS. First off, his enrage doesn't actually hurt that bad in TW. With a good healer and active mitigation I don't need to kite him. Secondly, his smash, the knockback, is literally one shotting tanks even through AM. I mean, it's no problem for me because I just use the force and pop my Guardian or AD before he uses it, but knowing the mechanics doesn't make him magically not do the attack that is hitting tanks for 50-60k base right now.

With the current numbers his mechanics are literally flip flopped right now. The enrage doesn't do shit while the smash is tearing shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Same thing happens as every timewalk event. Bad players wipe groups.
    Uh huh, the frost patches covering the entire room, Garfrost not spawning the Saronite boulders and Ick and Krick spawning invisible shit on the ground is totes normal. Nothing to see here folks.

just did TW on my prot pally, I remember `most` mechanics but a few might escape me - I kept going until i got PoS to see what all the fuss was about... It wasn't `THAT` bad but i had a hunter who kept pulling when i was low health or had very few cooldowns/charges on SoTR... Annoying as hell

Last boss wiped us a few times, Forceful smash is just BS - and one of the wipes i had someone stand on me with the stun, last boss is the only major problem i.m.o.