Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old set bonuses and timewalking

So I heard the old set bonuses got turned off, so is there any point farming them any more for timewalking sets, or just stick with pieces with the most sockets now?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I guess stick with current sets cuz they actually give some form of a bonus...
    In any case I think farming old sets Is useless for timewalking now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    I guess stick with current sets cuz they actually give some form of a bonus...
    In any case I think farming old sets Is useless for timewalking now.
    Debatable as to whether current sets actually give a bigger bonus than items with multiple sockets. Especially now that every socket in the game became prismatic.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Timewalking dungeons are pretty easy anyway. No need for boosts at all. Unless it's just for an ego boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Debatable as to whether current sets actually give a bigger bonus than items with multiple sockets. Especially now that every socket in the game became prismatic.
    Yea it's probably a solid 8-10 sockets worth of stats. so 90-100 int/str/agi.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Yea it's probably a solid 8-10 sockets worth of stats. so 90-100 int/str/agi.
    Let's see: Weapon (2H) +3 sockets, chest +3, legs +3, belt +3, helmet +2-3, neck +1-2, shoulders +2, back +1-2, wrists +1-2, gloves +2, ring +1-2 (x2) and possibly trinket sockets depending what you use = More than 20 sockets.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    Let's see: Weapon (2H) +3 sockets, chest +3, legs +3, belt +3, helmet +2-3, neck +1-2, shoulders +2, back +1-2, wrists +1-2, gloves +2, ring +1-2 (x2) and possibly trinket sockets depending what you use = More than 20 sockets.
    Still pretty pointless because it's timewalking

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Timewalking dungeons are pretty easy anyway. No need for boosts at all. Unless it's just for an ego boost.
    I enjoyed building a set for it, gave me something to do other than simply "Queue, kill, repeat". Like right now I wish I could still use T16 set for Ret simply so I could get access to EDS, which has since been removed with the patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard was to fucking lazy to do this: disable not-current sets in current raids and dungeons, and rather just went over em with a mallet and fucked over everyone.

Especially painful now in pre-patch with most specs doing less dmg, id REALLY like my legacy sets to work so the runs would go faster as ppl are doing down to 0.5k dps
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I'm doing more DPS in TW than I was before the patch using current set bonuses and the five or six I did across my toons seemed to go by much smoother. Anecdotal evidence, but I feel like sockets and old set bonuses were a nice perk but their removal is hardly gamebreaking.

In any case, it's possible Blizzard may retroactively activate set old set bonuses for TW in Legion, their removal atm being one of the things they didn't get around to fixing before the patch went live.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a full set sure, but we are talking about the different between using old pieces with sockets vs current tier for the active set bonus. In that situation its probably chest/shoulders/gloves/pants so we can keep the helm and its meta gem. That's give or take ~10 sockets.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I enjoyed building a set for it, gave me something to do other than simply "Queue, kill, repeat". Like right now I wish I could still use T16 set for Ret simply so I could get access to EDS, which has since been removed with the patch.
    Seemed like the only somewhat enjoyable aspect about them to me as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Seemed like the only somewhat enjoyable aspect about them to me as well.
    Me too. It was fun.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Can't really count weapons, because Artifacts will be BIS for timewalking.

Gear with your best stats and (/or) most sockets.

I hope they'll fix the socket-bug with belt and sha-touched weapon soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Can't really count weapons, because Artifacts will be BIS for timewalking.
    Cant be sure about it. Artifacts are full of "increases x by x%" or "x% chance for x to do x". And you know how well those stuff have scaled in tw? classtrinkets and legendary ring as example.

e: Then again stuff like shadowmourne are really strong in TW

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Cant be sure about it. Artifacts are full of "increases x by x%" or "x% chance for x to do x". And you know how well those stuff have scaled in tw? classtrinkets and legendary ring as example.

e: Then again stuff like shadowmourne are really strong in TW
    That's assuming the artifact talents get downscaled, which is a pretty big assumption in itself. There are still a handful of traits that are not % based and you'll still get an extra ability from your artifact. I find it hard to believe that 2-3 sockets will be able to beat that ability.

For us who actually spent time on tw sets, this is a slap in the face. Really, really pointless to nerf sets in timewalking like this. Can't carry a group of idiots anymore like before, solo queuing is like playing russian roulette.

Deleted
    Well my experience with TW dungeons seems to differ a bit. I just picked the gear with most sockets i had with spec favorable secondaries(fire mage to be more specific) and voila - i was actually doing at least 1-2k more dps on boss fights, but my trash damage remained somewhat the same.
    On the other hand my blood DK was feeling a lot like paper tank and a lot of healers complained about it. I guess artifacts will be quite useful in TW(or any other content tbh) since the balancing in nxt expansion revolves around them too.

Artifact traits won't be downscaled themselves in TW, but they will be mostly less effective due to the big downscale of our gear.
    Additional skills from the artifact weapon might be nice anyway.
    Last edited by Daan; 2016-07-28 at 07:23 PM.