Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well now that it's all about the end-rewards in BGs I really can't see how long BGs is a good thing. But hey, that's me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No AV I have been in has, since the introduction of reinforcements, exceeded 15 minutes. How on earth are you managing to play 1 hour games? Are you grossly exaggerating? You run out of reinforcements long before an hour, even if no towers are destroyed!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No AV I have been in has, since the introduction of reinforcements, exceeded 15 minutes. How on earth are you managing to play 1 hour games? Are you grossly exaggerating? You run out of reinforcements long before an hour, even if no towers are destroyed!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    The NPCs are 9/10/11 levels above players so they hit hard and are hard to defeat. This means defense is a viable strategy and you can't just ride past everything and AoE it down.

The shortest game I've been in has been 35 minutes. Give it a try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    The NPCs are 9/10/11 levels above players so they hit hard and are hard to defeat. This means defense is a viable strategy and you can't just ride past everything and AoE it down.

The shortest game I've been in has been 35 minutes. Give it a try.
    We really need vanilla servers to truly enjoy AV again. The instant gratification crowd will always shout it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    Didn't see a thread about this. All the mobs are levels 109 - 110 which means they hit like trucks. We've summoned Lok in 2 games so far, Wolf Riders in another. Teams are working together and it is hilarious watching someone assume they can run into a GY and 1 shot the guards only to be the ones being one shot themselves. Games lasting 30m-1hour+

Blizzard PLEASE keep it this way!! Make the NPCs matter by buffing the hell out of them!
    Strongly disagree.

While I think turning up the power of the NPCs a little bit could help, the fundamental nature of the map being skewed to favor alliance is still a problem. And right now the BG is nothing but a grind fest while each team tries to just win by running down the reinforcement counter. It might as well not even have objectives. That's a problem.

The only reason it seems more interesting right now is because it's different. After you do the grind even once, you quickly lose any desire to deal with the nonsense a second time. And the reward of a single token for a win, and almost nothing for a loss just makes you want to avoid it even more.

Keep it like it is? No. That BG should have been completely re-worked or removed years ago.

Deleted
    I love the "new old" Av's. Especially with my Affliction Lock. Zerging my Way through the battlefield, leading both the damage and healing table . And I don't need any Reward for this, doesn't matter if my sides loses or not - the Game itself is reward enough for me. I only queue for AV, don't use the Random BG Button at all. Since Gear doesn't matter anymore, pvp got so much better in WoW. Best decision ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you perceive it as fun. Though to me it's clearly an oversight of the bracket (lvl 100-109 gets the same one if I'm not mistaken?) where these changes clearly should have been enabled on August 30'th, but not a single dev thought of it.. Partly I feel annoyed over the laziness but I'm glad it's at least fun for some.

isn't t sad that all those cata and mop babies can't get heir beloved gear in less than 10 minutes. if it were up to me island of shit would be removed and av taken out of the regular random queue and kept as a bg you have to join intentionally by going to the bg entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    I love the "new old" Av's. Especially with my Affliction Lock. Zerging my Way through the battlefield, leading both the damage and healing table . And I don't need any Reward for this, doesn't matter if my sides loses or not - the Game itself is reward enough for me. I only queue for AV, don't use the Random BG Button at all. Since Gear doesn't matter anymore, pvp got so much better in WoW. Best decision ever.
    Do you play in EU? How long is the queue if you only queue for AV and not random queue?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Strongly disagree.

While I think turning up the power of the NPCs a little bit could help, the fundamental nature of the map being skewed to favor alliance is still a problem. And right now the BG is nothing but a grind fest while each team tries to just win by running down the reinforcement counter. It might as well not even have objectives. That's a problem.

The only reason it seems more interesting right now is because it's different. After you do the grind even once, you quickly lose any desire to deal with the nonsense a second time. And the reward of a single token for a win, and almost nothing for a loss just makes you want to avoid it even more.

Keep it like it is? No. That BG should have been completely re-worked or removed years ago.
    I'm half with you half with OP. I hated the old zerg rush style of AV and this is a welcome change. But you're right, right now it's a resource grind instead of the push AV was supposed to be. I'd like to see them get rid of the resources as a number of lives type of thing and make it a countdown for some sort of event to help you push instead. Get the other team to zero and you get something like wolf riders or increased health. Right now, it's better, but not fun enough for me to add it to my list.

I adored the very old AV where it was a long push to win. That was fun. Not great for grinding marks, but it was a fun BG. As for grinding marks now....well that system is already going to change. Right now one mark for a long game isn't worth it if you're trying to get marks, but that's not the final system for PvP in Legion. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the current incarnation of AV once the 110 honor system hits.

The lvl 110 mobs are way too strong.

But i welcome the change in pace, it is more fun now than it has been since WOTLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Do you play in EU? How long is the queue if you only queue for AV and not random queue?
    About 3-5 Minutes, relatively short wait. Random Queue is about 1-2 minutes. In the Morning it's a bit longer, maybe 5-8 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I'm half with you half with OP. I hated the old zerg rush style of AV and this is a welcome change. But you're right, right now it's a resource grind instead of the push AV was supposed to be. I'd like to see them get rid of the resources as a number of lives type of thing and make it a countdown for some sort of event to help you push instead. Get the other team to zero and you get something like wolf riders or increased health. Right now, it's better, but not fun enough for me to add it to my list.

I adored the very old AV where it was a long push to win. That was fun. Not great for grinding marks, but it was a fun BG. As for grinding marks now....well that system is already going to change. Right now one mark for a long game isn't worth it if you're trying to get marks, but that's not the final system for PvP in Legion. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the current incarnation of AV once the 110 honor system hits.
    I haven't looked into the revamped PvP honor system that much. But it seems pretty clear that they need to figure out something better for the longer BGs such as Ashran and AV, as well as old honor quests and areas like Wintergrasp, Isle of Thunder, and Tol Barad.

Because right now they simply aren't worth the headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played one this morning and it was a blast. With 7 rouges in team we just backdoor allys in dun baldar while they fight near icewing. It's really fun atm, and as rest i hope npc will stay at same level of strength. Also i think adding more marks and shit for "longer bgs" is great idea for pushing ppl to play them. Of course right now , assuimng ppl que for it just for fun means more teamwork between players than bunch of randoms that are there only for marks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    With Honor Points removed, I see no reason to sit in AV for 30m-1hr just for 1 Mark... and only if you win. Not worth my time, so both 40 mans have been blocked.
    So, was it fun when it lasted 10 minutes or did you just play through it for your mark and honour? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    About 3-5 Minutes, relatively short wait. Random Queue is about 1-2 minutes. In the Morning it's a bit longer, maybe 5-8 mins.
    I can't believe you play Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Honor Points removed, I see no reason to sit in AV for 30m-1hr just for 1 Mark... and only if you win. Not worth my time, so both 40 mans have been blocked.
    yeah no, screw having fun! whats that!

Deleted
    This has been answered/explained by me twice now in this thread.
    All I saw you say was:
    I wasn't suggesting that it's a waste of time for others, or that they shouldn't find it fun. If you like it, than that's fine - do what you find fun. I, on the other hand, have a different goal in mind, so it's currently a waste of my time and isn't fun.

I'm going to block it until I've collected all the marks I need.
    Now, what I asked was if you found it fun before when it lasted 10 minutes or did you just dredge through it for your honor points back then?

You never mention fun about the old version. You just say the current 30-60 min version is not fun. And for you, useless, since you have another goal in mind.
    All you say about the old version is regarding honor points. So my question was, did you find it fun before or just did it because it was fast and gave a bunch of them?

Savor this for what it is fellas, because it's not gonna last for long. But it could, people just need to be more vocal about this during live developer Q&A's on the official wow forums and so on.

AV and Isle of Conquest should be separate from other bgs, they should reward more and they should be tweaked not so a zerg strategy doesn't work at all, but in such a way that there's no guarantee of it working and there are incentives for making it not work. For example, there could be a daily quest that rewards marks of honor based on how many enemies you kill in specific bgs, or bgs like AV and IOC could give players more Marks of Honor based on how long the game continues. Balancing those bgs in such a way that the current way of zerging to the boss as fast as possible isn't the best strategy would be all that's required to make it work.

I think that would be preferred over the current system where you don't get any marks of honor at all unless you win, and in general pvp has been anything but fun in this game for a long time because the rewards have long been too great in relation to engaging in any actual pvp. At least, outside of ranked pvp. I can't think of any other game I really like and have put a lot of time into pvp when it wasn't strictly about having fun pvping. That should be the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    I don't know if the changes are intentional is sort of my worry. The mobs right now are what they would be for level-cap, and seeing as it's pre-patch and most of the game is designed around the level-cap (like arties), I'm thinking once we all hit 110, the mobs will still be 109-110, therefore ruining this entire thing.

Realllllly hoping the fun AV sticks around though.
    This actually happens with every pre-expansion patch with av, mobs tuned for the next expansion's max level.