Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just watched it and I loved it.

IMO it did the comic justice and I even enjoyed the back story they added.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just watched it and I loved it.

IMO it did the comic justice and I even enjoyed the back story they added.
    I thought the same. The only criticism I had was I found Kevin Conroy disappointing. He is Batman to me but each line he delivered felt like they were recorded days apart. They just didn't bridge together if that makes any sense.

All it takes is just one bad day....

Really looks like they are doing my fav comic justice. Can not wait to buy it.
    the movie is fantastic , but still think the comic is better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I thought the same. The only criticism I had was I found Kevin Conroy disappointing. He is Batman to me but each line he delivered felt like they were recorded days apart. They just didn't bridge together if that makes any sense.
    kevin is getting older keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    kevin is getting older keep that in mind
    Maybe, I might also just have unrealistic expectations of the guy who I consider the best actor to play batman, live action or otherwise.

Watched it last night. It was alright, had some issues. It mostly felt hurried and Hamill seemed to rush through his lines, the best part of the comic was the Joker's dialogue and it felt wasted in the movie. Conroy was pretty poor as well, a lot of his lines felt empty but at least he didn't make the batlaugh sound ridiculous. The entire movie also felt disjointed, scenes jumped around with little flow. I did like it, but it's nothing amazing. And now that I see it mentioned I also noticed consistency in animation was off. Things were constantly changing size and ratio, especially two of Barbara's things. I usually ignore it but it stood out for some reason in this one.

It's been ages since I read the comic so I might give it a re-read then rewatch the movie. Could be staying faithful to the comic just created poor flow for a movie.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2016-07-27 at 03:09 AM.

Just got back from seeing it. Loved it, but the animation was TV quality. I felt the prologue was a welcome addition, as it gave Barbara a character arc that spans the whole film.

The one real complaint I have came up when I discussed it with my wife. She hadn't read the comic and I actually had to bust my copy out to show her. For some reason they trimmed Detective Bullock's dialogue in the hospital after the Joker's attack on Barbara. They leave out him saying that they found the discarded lens-cap and that they suspect he took pictures, all he says to Batman is "I thought you knew." This gave my wife the impression that the Joker had raped Barbara Gordon, which is not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    It's been ages since I read the comic so I might give it a re-read then rewatch the movie. Could be staying faithful to the comic just created poor flow for a movie.
    There was some padding that bugged me too. In the original comic we have a little montage spanning a few pages that goes between Batman chasing down leads and Gordon going through doors on the ride. In the film these become full scenes with dialogue ("Swear to me!").

Yeah the animation style irked me. Not movie quality imo. I still enjoyed it though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Where can I find the digital version to purchase?
    VUDU has it, Playstation Store has it, I'm sure whatever movie thing XBone has should have it.
    I watched it while I was at work today and I was kinda shocked by Batgirl getting it on with Batman. I also think the ending wasn't as clear as the comic I mean while yes, the Joker suddenly stops laughing, I don't think you would get that Batman has killed him if you aren't already aware that is what happens from the comic.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2016-07-27 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    VUDU has it, Playstation Store has it, I'm sure whatever movie thing XBone has should have it.
    I watched it while I was at work today and I was kinda shocked by Batgirl getting it on with Batman. I also think the ending wasn't as clear as the comic I mean while yes, the Joker suddenly stops laughing, I don't think you would get that Batman has killed him if you aren't already aware that is what happens from the comic.
    Its left ambiguous in the comic, later confirmed that Batman didn't do that by following comics with the Joker alive and well.

Deleted
    Just watched it and... it's was ok-ish. Not on the level of some other Batman/DC animated movies sadly.

The art wasnt as bad as I first feared after seeing the trailer, so that was a plus.

I think the comic book/story itself just doesnt transalte well to an animated movie. Guess that's also why thye added the first part with batgirl, to expand it a little.

Its left ambiguous in the comic, later confirmed that Batman didn't do that by following comics with the Joker alive and well.
    Having reread it just recently, I can say that yeah, it's definitely left ambiguous in the original comic, even discounting later comics with Joker alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    the movie is fantastic , but still think the comic is better
    Agreed and I own the comic

- - - Updated - - -

I get your point it could be due to his age. Personally I though all the acting was great.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you would get that Batman has killed him if you aren't already aware that is what happens from the comic.
    That didn't happen....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wait, it's out already? Where can I get my hands on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

That didn't happen....
    It is strongly implied he kills him in fact it's the main controversy around the story. Hence the name the killing joke. If you are unaware this very popular theory exists you should probably look into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The author said he purposely left it vague to let the reader decide what happens. For some that means Batman kills Joker, for others it doesn't.
    Actually Bolland the illustrator talks about it. Alan Moore thinks it's one of the worst stories he has ever written.

It was okay but I really didn't get the ending maybe that's just me.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was a very good movie. I specially loved the ending with the joker and batman. Though can someone explain what happens at the very end with Barbara and her computery stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    It was a very good movie. I specially loved the ending with the joker and batman. Though can someone explain what happens at the very end with Barbara and her computery stuff?
    She becomes oracle, she is the hacker/tech girl that guides Batman.

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I will admit there were some pacing issues imo, especially when it came to the Joker. I'd really like to see them do Death of the Family, and bring back Conroy, Hamill, and Strong for it as well.

the first 30 minute of filler was really meh. I dont care or hat the sex scene, i just think it was setup stupid. I keep expecting it to mirror batman struggle with the joker, but it never did.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is strongly implied he kills him in fact it's the main controversy around the story.
    What....?

The controversy is that all it takes is 1 bad day for someone to turn into the Joker. People like to believe that serial killers and rapists all have terrible pasts and upbringings that lead them to what they do. But the story of a completely normal guy, trying to support a wife and an upcoming child, turning into Batmans most notorious villain overnight was what caused all the controversy behind this story. The joker broke out of Arkam Asylum to try and prove that even the most noble people could be broken. That's why he kidnapped Commissioner Gordon and tortured his daughter Barbara and forced him to look at those pictures. Joker was trying to show that anyone could be the Joker, under the right circumstances, with 1 really bad day.

I haven't read the comics, but as for the movie it was alright. I don't like how much they broke up Jokers backstory, it felt like it dragged on. The whole movie was slow and the first guy that Batgirl kept chasing after was ill fitting and was just a waste of screen time. It wasn't bad, but definitely one of the worst DC movies IMO.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.