Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Hopefully it could also normalize the leveling process instead of running normal-cruel-mercilles outdated design.
    It won't, the best you could hope for is that cruel is removed next year with act 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It won't, the best you could hope for is that cruel is removed next year with act 5.
    Even that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Woo, multi threaded frame processing to be tested in 2.3.3, the results on the vid look promising
    Awesome. I can swap towards more explosions skills.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I think this partially confirms our theories about the Atlas being the new endgame maps system, which makes me really happy:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...ina_server_in/

Patch 2.4 will be available in China server in Mid-August?

News from POE China server official site
    2.4 will be available in China server for 3 days around mid August. It said players can experience "the whole new maps in 2.4", not sure if it's referring Atlas of World.
    And there's a timeline down there, the 2nd & 3rd column are:

Mid-August
    Perandus

? Month
    永恒世界 (I guess it's Atlas of World?)
    Whole New Maps System

So that means only part of the 2.4 contents are available in mid-August? Maybe new balance changes or something.
    and one guy wrote:

OK, as a native Chinese speaker I will try to translate anything related here. I translated "First Test" as Alpha, just to note, as I think it's more familiar with the community.

- It will be a CLOSED beta test, but from the timeline it's not the actual CB. This test is described as a "privilege for those who participated in Alpha". The Alpha will end in July.
    - Anyone who got to lv50 during Alpha will automatically get their access to the this three-day CB and (seems like) still have their leveled character.
    - Patch 2.4 is now in preparation. I'm sure it IS the Atlas of Worlds as it mentioned "Try a brand new way to play maps in Patch 2.4". It seems like ONLY those who have got to lv50 during Alpha can access this. Also, new league for 2.4 will not be available for this time.
    - They DO have a closed beta access lottery open, but that's for later when the actual Closed Beta hits. They seem to have skipped 2.3 and the leagues on real CB realms will be Standard(merged with Perandus) and the new league to be introduced in 2.4. The time for CB is not set yet. Later they will have likely an Open Beta and have synchronized patch schedule from this time on. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-30 at 04:51 AM.

There we go, another spoiler:
    Chir's new signature

Looks really nice, finally some end-game love. Only frustrating thing about it atm is how Legion and AoW launches collide by being only 3 days apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye that sucks. will have to try and balance them somehow.

I'm so happy Prophecy is being folded into the main game. Loved it.

The new Essence league seems interesting. But I wonder how many junk Essences there will be versus stuff you would want to hunt for.

They seem pretty good overall, the problem I think will be that they roll random items so to get a really good one will be about the same odds of chaos spamming a good item.

Hopefully the multithreaded fix helps with the massive lag problems

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Hopefully the multithreaded fix helps with the massive lag problems
    It's mostly a GFX performance increase. I noticed a fair improvement with my i7-4770K , 16GB , SSD , GTX970 system.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    They seem pretty good overall, the problem I think will be that they roll random items so to get a really good one will be about the same odds of chaos spamming a good item.
    Yeah, it's non-content for the vast majority of players. I expect lots of salty tears on reddit once people realize how hard it'll be to make good items. Most people like myself will probably just sell the essences as is to crafters, honestly. Some of the mobs seem pretty dangerous too and will probably end up not worth the risk, though I'm sure we'll all try it anyway and die lots of times.

I'm not really excited for the league, don't see how it will change gameplay much. I'm pretty sure it'll feel like standard for most of us, but we will see. Atlas seems great though, being able to boost graveyard strand wharf shore etc to red map territory sounds awesome (if this is to be believed http://i.imgur.com/0GFUvOW.jpg)

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah, it's non-content for the vast majority of players. I expect lots of salty tears on reddit once people realize how hard it'll be to make good items. Most people like myself will probably just sell the essences as is to crafters, honestly. Some of the mobs seem pretty dangerous too and will probably end up not worth the risk, though I'm sure we'll all try it anyway and die lots of times.
    Sounds about right.

Atlas seems great though, being able to boost graveyard strand wharf shore etc to red map territory sounds awesome (if this is to be believed http://i.imgur.com/0GFUvOW.jpg)
    Yeah it looks good on paper but I'm not too hyped about it being league wide (which I think it a huge mistake) as it prevents the option to make characters to take advantage of certain paths.

I agree it being league wide is stupid...really hope that isn't the case but it seems to be so far. If I make a summoner and spend my upgrades on graveyard, crypt, cemetery, I'm gonna be real disappointed when a future raider doesn't have those upgrades to spend on whatever else I want. They might at least let us "respec" with regret orbs or something, hopefully.

I also actually didn't like the support packs this time around...I feel like them trying to stick to lore-based theme really holds them back sometimes. Too bad, hope they still get a lot of money out of it even if I didn't spend a lot this time. Lots of people on reddit seem to like the armor sets at least, hope they are a majority for once :P

I agree it being league wide is stupid...really hope that isn't the case but it seems to be so far. If I make a summoner and spend my upgrades on graveyard, crypt, cemetery, I'm gonna be real disappointed when a future raider doesn't have those upgrades to spend on whatever else I want. They might at least let us "respec" with regret orbs or something, hopefully.
    It's confirmed to be league wide but we can always hope they change it for release. And respec won't solve the problem as you probably want to open the whole map on some character and as such the specialized option is lost for all other characters.

I also actually didn't like the support packs this time around...I feel like them trying to stick to lore-based theme really holds them back sometimes. Too bad, hope they still get a lot of money out of it even if I didn't spend a lot this time. Lots of people on reddit seem to like the armor sets at least, hope they are a majority for once :P
    I'll probably buy a pack as I normally do even if I don't like most of them. The $440 set looks pretty good but probably a bit too steep for my taste unless the evolution of this expansion and league convinces me that they deserve that kind of commitment. I just see the packs as points with some bonus MtX anyway and I buy points periodically to throw support their way in around the amounts you would have to pay for other games.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715146

More improvements for people who play on potatoes or insist on using cancer builds, shaping up to be a good expansion for everybody

Fuck my life their forums are obnoxious as shit with the "Supporter" icons.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715825

Essence league challenges & rewards.

Only did 24 in prophecy, kinda started late, plus I still suck at the game ;p
    Played an icenova/vortex frost witch to 85, still squishy and fail at beating Izaro on merci lab. Meh.