Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Seeing from a lot of studies increase in wages to 10$ wouldn't have a drastic effect in the US economy and not certainly for small businesses
    There's a reason why even the Democrats never raise it by much when they have a chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There's a reason why even the Democrats never raise it by much when they have a chance.
    They attempted to do so. Republicans blocked their atempts, someone posted earlier the sources confirming it.

They attempted to do so. Republicans blocked their atempts, someone posted earlier the sources confirming it.
    No, it would have been passed in 2008, if you can pass Obamacare with out one single republican vote, you can pass a federal minimum wage hike. And what about all the blue states that could raise minimum wage? It has happen in cities but not state wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Republicans support raising the minimum wage.

https://blog.dol.gov/2016/07/22/7-fa...-minimum-wage/
    Yeah, and I'll bet you think Republicans have always been opposed to war in Eastasia too.

LOLOL. I can see the pressure starting to build inside your head already as you clutch at straws. Republicans have supported small increases in federal minimum wage in the past. In the present, the Republican party has been opposed to minimum wage increases. Recently, they strongly opposed President Obama's push to raise it to $10.10

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/us...imum-wage.html
    Last month, through an executive order, Mr. Obama raised the minimum wage for federal workers on new contracts to $10.10, effective in 2015. But raising the overall federal minimum wage would require Congressional action, a far-fetched prospect in a Republican-controlled House during an election year.

Republicans say lifting the wage would cost jobs, pointing to a report last month by the Congressional Budget Office, which asserted that raising the federal minimum to $10.10 an hour would result in a loss of 500,000 jobs. A smaller increase, it said, would cost fewer jobs.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/28...bama-requested
    Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) voted against raising the minimum wage to $7.25 and argued after Obama’s State of the Union address that the hike would cut into job growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    He never said he wanted to raise it unless you've seen him say that somewhere I haven't. When it's raised to 15 an hour it actually becomes more like this. Which is why states are better at deciding it. Plus there are a bunch of other reasons also but I don't really want to get into a lengthy discussion right now over it.
    Here ya go:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/politi...-minimum-wage/
    "There doesn't have to be," Trump said. "I would leave it and raise it somewhat. You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say."
    "Ten bucks?" O'Reilly asked.
    "I would say 10. I would say 10," Trump agreed. "But with the understanding that somebody like me is going to bring back jobs. I don't want people to be in that $10 category for very long. But the thing is, Bill, let the states make the deal."

Asked to clarify his position at a press conference on Wednesday morning in Doral, Florida, Trump said once again that the federal minimum wage should be raised to "at least $10" but that "states should really call the shots."
    Enjoy your self-inflicted cortex bomb. (I hear if you clutch those straws hard enough, maybe they turn into gold. LOLOL)
    Impeach the MF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    According to most recent polls and even more email leaks,

is Trumpresident confirmed?
    Might. Unless something "bad" happens. Tho more leaks are expected the weeks before election.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    According to most recent polls and even more email leaks,

is Trumpresident confirmed?
    Wait for the debates, if Trump manages to screw those up somehow then Hillary could still win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Might. Unless something "bad" happens. Tho more leaks are expected the weeks before election.
    I don't think your definition of "bad" is the same as others. Few Trump supporters would actually admit this:

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Only bitter sweet confort I take is that US is doing worst and worst each year.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by urasim
    He hasn't done any of those things. Are you fucking high right now?

You said someone who has done actual actions(stole millions and deals drugs to teens) is better than someone who has only said things you disagree with.

When is saying things equivalent to doing things?
    Then what good is he if nothing he says is going to happen? Still have the thief + drug dealer that fights for good policies.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it would have been passed in 2008, if you can pass Obamacare with out one single republican vote, you can pass a federal minimum wage hike. And what about all the blue states that could raise minimum wage? It has happen in cities but not state wide.
    You think raising the minimum wage, when national unemployment was hovering around 15%, during the largest recession sense the Great Depression, was a good idea?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Then what good is he if nothing he says is going to happen? Still have the thief + drug dealer that fights for good policies.
    So, everything ever president said they'd do came true? They got to do everything they set out to do? You think Hilary will do everything that she wants? That's a laugh.

Talking to you is like speaking to a child that doesn't know anything about the real world.

Presidents aren't dictators, FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude 08 there was a crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You think raising the minimum wage, when national unemployment was hovering around 15%, during the largest recession sense the Great Depression, was a good idea?
    Exaggerate much? The highest it got in the last 8 years was 10%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well according to trump it's around 40%

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-unemployment/
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-07-28 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's impossible to raise minimum wage with the current group in Washington. Neither side will budge from their figure. For the love, can we just tie it to some sort of index and stop debating it for 5 years before we change it everytime?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's impossible to raise minimum wage with the current group in Washington. Neither side will budge from their figure. For the love, can we just tie it to some sort of index and stop debating it for 5 years before we change it everytime?
    That is a logical and sensible idea, which means it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Well according to trump it's around 40%

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-unemployment/
    Trump saying something stupid? Color me surprise. Nothing to do with our argument

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that helps your point...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    So, everything ever president said they'd do came true? They got to do everything they set out to do? You think Hilary will do everything that she wants? That's a laugh.

Talking to you is like speaking to a child that doesn't know anything about the real world.

Presidents aren't dictators, FFS.
    It seems that I cannot quote you on the original comment. So I'm taking this one. Trump says stuff that it's empirically proven to be wrong, specially on economics. That is not a difference in opinions, a difference at lrast implies some validity to one opinion.

Anyway all of Trumps policies are a disaster that none of them at the exception of guns are any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump saying something stupid? Color me surprise. Nothing to do with our argument
    Actually, it does. Trump is no more stupid than every GOP member that started using 'not working' numbers, that include the retired, because it became harder to demonized Obama on unemployment numbers. If Trump is stupid for saying 40%, then GOP has been stupid for the last 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that I cannot quote you on the original comment. So I'm taking this one. Trump says stuff that it's empirically proven to be wrong, specially on economics. That is not a difference in opinions, a difference at lrast implies some validity to one opinion.
    Trump is the only candidate in the history of US, that I am aware of, that has a vocal minority who support him because they want the country to burn. As bad as Hillary is or even supposed to be, I have not seen a single person support her because she will ruin the country. Just on the previous page, the self infatuated poster supporting Trump, posted in another thread how 'bitter sweet' it is to watch America fall.

Anyway all of Trumps policies are a disaster that none of them at the exception of guns are any good.
    And Hilary has also said things that are lies and can be proven to be lies. What's your point? I don't like either of them. Ones a joke and the other corrupt. Both are liars.

The reason why you can't quote me is because that post was in another thread that was locked. It was dragged in here by tankbug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.