Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    you should try shooting right handed then.
    Is that how it is for guns? For archery, you suck it up and shoot off the dominant eye or you wear an eye patch

Last time I went shooting. I shoot 3 gun competition usually same type of thing as the video but some stages use Rifle and/or Shotgun also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Is that how it is for guns? For archery, you suck it up and shoot off the dominant eye or you wear an eye patch
    Pretty much. When shooting guns you shouldnt go by what handed you are, you go by your dominant eye...especially when using optics.

- - - Updated - - -

Last time I went shooting. I shoot 3 gun competition usually same type of thing as the video but some stages use Rifle and/or Shotgun also.
    gotta look up Max Michel. hes a bad mother fucker with a pistol.

Pretty much. When shooting guns you shouldnt go by what handed you are, you go by your dominant eye...especially when using optics.
    Oh, then I missread your post. I thought you were saying ignore your dominant eye, which is a huge nono in archery.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Went clay pigeon shooting once for about 2 hours and I was crap at it but I though it was fun. Would like to try it again some time
    Me not that kind of Orc!

gotta look up Max Michel. hes a bad mother fucker with a pistol.
    I'm not saying I could do better, but he is using a race gun. That is like installing a game genie on your nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by nextt03 View Post

Wow that was fun to watch. Very impressive! Loved the targets that would become unbalanced and swing as they were shot.

Deleted
    The only place where I've fired real guns so far has been the army, where I scored a 1st class shooting medal with an assault rifle.

I also (accidentally) pulled a Robin Hood stunt and split an arrow with another in an archery range.

Shooting in general is pretty fun, whether it's with real guns, bows, airguns, toy guns or catapults. Hitting the target satisfies some deep, primitive hunter instincts. Sports like bowling get pretty close to that too.

That was cool to watch. How come you don't keep track of how many rounds in your gun though? That seems like it would get you killed, and there was one moment in the video where you came around a corner, aimed, fired, then had to reload. Would that target not have shot you right then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post

I also (accidentally) pulled a Robin Hood stunt and split an arrow with another in an archery range.
    With a recurve? If so that's pretty good.
    If it was with a compound, those are fighting words. Splitting another dudes arrows can start a fight pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That was cool to watch. How come you don't keep track of how many rounds in your gun though? That seems like it would get you killed, and there was one moment in the video where you came around a corner, aimed, fired, then had to reload. Would that target not have shot you right then?
    Since this particular game is more about speed and not so much real life situation it isnt really an issue. The problem is that it cost me time and I could have reloaded at a better moment. But when you sit in front of a stage and map out your strategy, once the timer goes off all bets are off usually. Also, I usually shoot 10 round magazines since I am in California, when I switch up to the 19 round ones I usually just go balls out and hope I still have ammo lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    With a recurve? If so that's pretty good.
    If it was with a compound, those are fighting words. Splitting another dudes arrows can start a fight pretty quick.
    It was just a basic sports bow. Neither the bows or the arrows were our own, they were borrowed from the place. Nevertheless it was pretty hilarious and I got applauds from the other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I like shooting single-fire rifles. Mosin Nagant is my personal favorite, but that's probably because I played so much Nazi zombies on CoD:WaW.
    Doesn't the Nagant have a 5 round magazine? Hereare some single-fire rifles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Never fired a gun, Never held a real gun, I never plan on firing one either. It's great to live in a place with gun control laws.
    What a sheltered, beta cuck.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Doesn't the Nagant have a 5 round magazine? Hereare some single-fire rifles
    It has a magazine, but it is a bolt action gun not semi-auto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, recently I've been to my friend's house, and we were shooting sniper rifles by a lake. I did pretty darn well, considering it was my first real shooting experience: hit the faraway target around 50% times!

Funny, playing Infiltrator in Mass Effect games taught me how to synchronize my breathing with pulling the trigger.

---

Oh, also I used to be pretty good with bows, back when I was 10 or so. Would do pretty terrible now though...
    Good job! How far away were you from the far targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    I have only held and shot a real rifle once in my life. I believe it was a Mauser hunting rifle, not sure about model, didn't have much kick to it. Target was at ~100 meters, I remember having lots of attitude about it, thinking it was as easy as point and shoot. Needless to say I consistently missed every shot. I'm a pretty decent shot with a BB gun tho. Definitely not the same thing.
    The principles are the same. A lot of people who are new to shooting real rifles get nervous and anticipate the recoil and noise.

It's definitely not as easy to be accurate as some people would have you believe though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    No, I don't know how to shoot at all
    It's a really fun activity. Definitely try and go shooting if you ever get the chance. Once you get past the nerves it's incredibly fun. It's actually relaxing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Never fired a gun, Never held a real gun, I never plan on firing one either. It's great to live in a place with gun control laws.
    That sounds shitty.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm not saying I could do better, but he is using a race gun. That is like installing a game genie on your nintendo.
    true its a race gun but you could put that same gun in the hands of an inexperienced shooter and they will still shoot just as bad.Hell, put the gun in my hands and i wont shoot any better than i do now. the gun is just a tool. Your fundamentals, skill, and habits dont change because the gun does. Only thing that helps you shoot better is practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It was just a basic sports bow. Neither the bows or the arrows were our own, they were borrowed from the place. Nevertheless it was pretty hilarious and I got applauds from the other people.
    Ah, very nice!

After reading this thread for a bit I stepped out for my break to get a monster at the corner store and ran into my ex-coworker from when we both worked at an archery shop. Weird coincidence

I was the best nerf shooter in my office, holding the record of two red bull cans in two shots in the 3 cubicles category. Does it count?

The nerf in question:

PS: No, I am not joking.

Since this particular game is more about speed and not so much real life situation it isnt really an issue. The problem is that it cost me time and I could have reloaded at a better moment. But when you sit in front of a stage and map out your strategy, once the timer goes off all bets are off usually. Also, I usually shoot 10 round magazines since I am in California, when I switch up to the 19 round ones I usually just go balls out and hope I still have ammo lol.
    It just seems like it would be a really unsafe way to handle a gun, to not know how many rounds are in it, at any given moment. /shrug