Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    Shame we can't start with full AP bar as this makes it really slow buildup to AoE. Single target I am ok with it most of the time (I hope moon/moon spell will make it better) but time required to AoE is sooo slow atm.
    Technically you can but it is a pain in the butt to do. Basically go to the AP per second side of BotA and then shift in and out of bear form, you will gain 2 AP with each shift and just keep doing it to hold it at 100.

Though I am sure this is unintentional and will probably be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Technically you can but it is a pain in the butt to do. Basically go to the AP per second side of BotA and then shift in and out of bear form, you will gain 2 AP with each shift and just keep doing it to hold it at 100.

Though I am sure this is unintentional and will probably be fixed.
    This reminds of cata, where I tried to find critters to get my eclipse bar where i wanted it pre-pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
    swapping to bear form gives you rage which puts you in pseudo combat for about 2 GCDs, meaning you dont degen AsP. combine this with BOTA:A and every 2 seconds, you'll gen 2 AsP WITHOUT losing any. so long as you settle in moonkin form at about 5 seconds pre-pull - swapping to BOTA:E here, your precast lunar strike will put you back at 100 AsP, so you essentially can start every pull with 100 AsP - until they fix it
    I tried this in warspear and didnt work... how does it work? :/

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    I tried this in warspear and didnt work... how does it work? :/
    I was watching a raider do it while we were sitting in front of arch, then tried it myself so it did work at least on tuesday. Basically shift to Blessing of An'she, pop into bear, pop out of bear, pop into bear, pop out of bear. Keep shifting from bear and back and watch your AP climb. I think it might have to do with the bear form giving you 20 rage on shift or something like it is momentarily registering you as in a quasi combat state or something.

It still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
    swapping to bear form gives you rage which puts you in pseudo combat for about 2 GCDs, meaning you dont degen AsP. combine this with BOTA:A and every 2 seconds, you'll gen 2 AsP WITHOUT losing any. so long as you settle in moonkin form at about 5 seconds pre-pull - swapping to BOTA:E here, your precast lunar strike will put you back at 100 AsP, so you essentially can start every pull with 100 AsP - until they fix it
    Glad to know this works for Moonkins as well. Unholy DKs can do it with DnD and Epidemic. Pretty Easy.

Gonna go try some FoE pulls in Pugs for the luls.

Blizzard will figure out ppl are doing it and hot fix it soon. Don't count on it working long.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Blizzard will figure out ppl are doing it and hot fix it soon. Don't count on it working long.
    Just like they fixed Shadowpriest Orbs and Chi... after like 4 years in the latter case.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Just like they fixed Shadowpriest Orbs and Chi... after like 4 years in the latter case.
    This one is rather easy to fix.

- BOTA:A requires a "combat" or "recent combat" state.
    - Fix up the decay module by making Bear Form's Rage bonus nullified (so you start losing resource immediately).
    - Snowball doesn't do damage and won't flag for combat.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

hello guys,
    i am a new moonkin.
    wanted to ask several questions.

1)In cyous's guide, it is mentioned that;
    "Use your Artifact ability: “MoonMoon” (New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon), and do not let it cap on charges (3 is maximum)"
    what is meant by this?
    does it mean; after 15 seconds, if full moon is not casted we are back to square 1 of using new moon back?

2) what is the best profession for a pve mythic raiding moonkin?
    is it leatherworking and skinning?
    skinning to generate mats for leatherworking. and leatherworking to make appropriate items?
    i also found out that JC gets + 100 extra intel.
    intel = spell power = overall stronger spells
    (i do know any profession is viable but what is the best in terms of dps output)

3) which alliance race is the best?
    i assume night elf is better as haste is our best secondary talent.

4) what about relics?
    we are only allowed 3 relics.
    some relics have better abilities booster however they yield lower ilvl.
    should we focus on purple relic or aim for blue/green relic if they provide better abilities? (ie disregard i lvl?)

5) finally how's moonkin in pve beta legion raiding in terms of dps on meters.
    ( i know we should play the class that we like and not focus on dps advice..)
    but seriously are moonkins in like top 5 dps meter?
    do good moonkins get beaten by bad fire mages?
    are the dps gaps between classes huge.
    i am worried a worse skill other class player will outdps me as his class is OP)
    ( i do know tuning is not completed but past 2 weeks i didnt see any tuning - assuming only very fine tuning will be done after this)

would be grateful if at least some of the questions could be answered.
    thank you in advance!
    (by the way love moonkins spell animations a lot!)
    Last edited by trakand; 2016-07-29 at 04:19 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So what sort of builds are people running at 110 in beta? Currently got a build capitalizing on Stellar Flare and Stellar Empowerment from the druid class trinket which is incredibly fun to play and does very good dps. This of course won't be possible come Legion as the trinket allows you to keep Stellar Empowerment going for huge portions of the fight while you spend all your AP on starsurge. Very interested to see how moon moon will help shape builds in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trakand View Post
    hello guys,
    i am a new moonkin.

"Use your Artifact ability: “MoonMoon” (New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon), and do not let it cap on charges (3 is maximum)"
    what is meant by this?
    does it mean; after 15 seconds, if full moon is not casted we are back to square 1 of using new moon back?

skinning to generate mats for leatherworking. and leatherworking to make appropriate items?
    (i do know any profession is viable but what is the best in terms of dps output)

4) what about relics?
    should we focus on purple relic or aim for blue/green relic if they provide better abilities? (ie disregard i lvl?)

i am worried a worse skill other class player will outdps me as his class is OP)
    ( i do know tuning is not completed but past 2 weeks i didnt see any tuning - assuming only very fine tuning will be done after this)

would be grateful if at least some of the questions could be answered.
    thank you in advance!
    (by the way love moonkins spell animations a lot!)
    1) Basically means that as long as you have 3 charges you are wasting a lot of dps/AP by not casting, as you will not be gaining any more charges and the cooldown timer on your next charge won't start ticking until you've got a charge to gain.

2) Haven't done any research here, sorry.

3) Night elf for sure if you raid, as the haste buff will be active at night which is mostly when people raid. The crit buff is the same as worgen during daytime so you're not missing anything.

4) Ilevel > everything else.

5) Can't say, sorry.

hello guys,
    i am a new moonkin.

what is meant by this?
    No, MoonMoon works on a charge system. You have a maximum of 3 Charges. When you sit on 3 charges u waste time reloading 1 of those charges and since MoonMoon hits hard and generates alot of AP it is a dps loss to waste them.

Leatherworking (and therefore also blacksmithing and tailoring) seem really lackluster in forms of good gear. Inscription might be a big deal just to get the tome to respec for everybody. Otherwise the difference should not be huge so do what you like the most.

Depending on the build, since haste is not good for FoE, but here again the difference is so small it should not be of concern, play what u like, 1% haste or crit wont break anything.

4) what about relics?
    Ilvl is the highest priority most of the time. But i guess when Legion goes live and we have all the relics, there will be theorycrafting which relics are best for us.

Im not on the beta myself, so i can't tell you for sure, but what i've seen Balance is in the top 1/3 of the meters for raiding, overall solid. Don't compare it to the Fotm speccs, you will always get frustrated there. Also my guess would be there will still be tuning when legion goes live since blizzard suddendly gets alot of data. On longterm the meters always change. Every patch can shake it up alot. New raids with new setbonuses and trinkets will change alot aswell. Mostly go for what you like so you can enjoy playing instead of playing a fotm spec where you will quit after 1 month because you hate it. For raiding performance Balance looks really solid having strong multidotting potential, good single target burst/constant, good AoE. So Balance will most likely not be useless, maybe a bit undertuned but not so bad you can't bring it to a raid.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Two questions about the rotation/prio list.

1. Single Target: I use my AP for Starsurge to get Empowerments. After that, i use Solar Wrath AND Lunar Strike because both are empowered, even though Lunar Strike is the multi target spell? Is this correct? So i don't use only Solar Wrath.

2. How many mobs do i need to benefit from the MT playstyle (Starfall instead of Starsurge, Lunar Strike as the only AP builder)?
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

1. Single Target: I use my AP for Starsurge to get Empowerments. After that, i use Solar Wrath AND Lunar Strike because both are empowered, even though Lunar Strike is the multi target spell? Is this correct? So i don't use only Solar Wrath.

2. How many mobs do i need to benefit from the MT playstyle (Starfall instead of Starsurge, Lunar Strike as the only AP builder)?
    1. Yes. Or you can save them for aoe.

2. 3

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

When u play WoE save the Lunar Strikes for WoE to minimize the time u have to cast LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    1. Yes. Or you can save them for aoe.
    Pretty much. As long as you don't overwrite them, there's no need to use them immediately, but Empowered LS is better than unempowered SW.

Deleted
    does anyone else think the rotation pre-patch is really lackluster and straightforward?

kept away from spoilers about balance artifact weps but can someone clarify if it gets a bit more interesting?

maybe im wrong in how im playing but i do pretty good dps so it can not be too far off if i am.

essentially keep up Sunfire, Moonfire and Stellar flare. wrath to build astral. starsurge to proc empowerments/starfall for stellar flare buff/DoT buffs(with seed trink). spend empowerments whilst never capping astral or starsurging if already at 3 empowerment procs.

very straightforward stuff and due to the length of the dots never really challenged in keeping them up.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Dankdruid
    There will be 3 more spells from the artifact (New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon) - they all give AP and do nice dmg (especially Full Moon). That changes the rotation right away.

Honestly, you get to see all traits within 1 hour of starting the expansion as Balance. Not much to spoil yourself for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    @Dankdruid
    There will be 3 more spells from the artifact (New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon) - they all give AP and do nice dmg (especially Full Moon). That changes the rotation right away.
    ah ok thanks will hold out then