Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[SPOILERS] Deathknight Class Campaign Finale

Curious why I haven't seen anyone post about this but uh yeah, wow. Wow. Thoughts? I think there needs to be serious repercussions for what the Ebon Blade have done, hopefully in future patches.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2016-07-30 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been two VERY long threads on this subject. The general reaction varies from "Lol DKs got owned" to "Zomgz Pallys cheated, noobs"

But the one thing we can all agree on, is that we want to see a continuation of this story.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    We had alot of discussion about it. Anyway, its funny to see DKs owned in their own campaign.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont know if you just didnt see the 2 very long threads that popped up every 5 minutes on the front page, live under a rock or just blind.

Formerly known as Arafal

Pretty sure we have a new Dankdruid here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i dont know if you just didnt see the 2 very long threads that popped up every 5 minutes on the front page, live under a rock or just blind.
    You're a really lovely person, I'm sure you have lots of friends with the way you talk to people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    You're a really lovely person, I'm sure you have lots of friends with the way you talk to people.
    oh i do, none of them feel hurt by random posts on the internet tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Maybe he din't see the two very long threads that popped up every 5 minutes on the front page? Maybe he played beta in the last couple of weeks?
    But i can certainly say he's not the one living under the rock, you probably are with that attitude.

Don't play out 'oh just a random post on the internet offended you' for the reason that you think everyone should be as immersed with the lore/forums as you are.

- - - Updated - - -

oh i do, none of them feel hurt by random posts on the internet tho.
    Yeah probably because imaginary friends can't use the forums.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedacent View Post
    Maybe he din't see the two very long threads that popped up every 5 minutes on the front page? Maybe he played beta in the last couple of weeks?
    But i can certainly say he's not the one living under the rock, you probably are with that attitude.

Don't play out 'oh just a random post on the internet offended you' for the reason that you think everyone should be as immersed with the lore/forums as you are.

- - - Updated - - -

ye ye whatever.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ineedacent View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It is a pretty common rule among all the forums on the internet to use the search engine and look for recent threads that have been opened and contain the same topic as the one you're about to start.

With the amount of posts the other two threads got it is nearly impossible to oversee something like that. Hence the understandable reaction from everyone in here.

It's amazing, 5 Death Knights assault the Light's Hope Chapel absolutely destroying every bit of opposition along their way, and are only stopped in the end by the mystical powerful force known as the Light. We can learn a lot from this.

The PC Death Knight is stronger than Lady Liadrin, as well as all of the Paladin guards at Light's Hope Chapel.

The forces of the Ebon Blade are capable of carrying out such a raid successfully. (Being stopped by the Light at the place where it's strongest is not something that happens often.)

Even when the Light does get involved, we still come out on top.

Let's do a recount:

Silver Hand Deaths: Many unnamed Paladin guards

Ebon Blade Deaths: Zero.

We assaulted the grounds, which was our objective, claiming Tirion's body was a long shot at best, and we were able to completely decimate the forces that remained at Light's Hope Chapel, and get out without a single loss among our ranks.

It's awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Is part where DKs can barely crawl back to their hideout awesome as well ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    We assaulted the grounds, which was our objective, claiming Tirion's body was a long shot at best, and we were able to completely decimate the forces that remained at Light's Hope Chapel, and get out without a single loss among our ranks.
    actually, darion got hit by the light and died while opening the death gate to get the rest out of there.
    we just rise him again.

Formerly known as Arafal

It's amazing, 5 Death Knights assault the Light's Hope Chapel absolutely destroying every bit of opposition along their way, and are only stopped in the end by the mystical powerful force known as the Light. We can learn a lot from this.

The PC Death Knight is stronger than Lady Liadrin, as well as all of the Paladin guards at Light's Hope Chapel.

The forces of the Ebon Blade are capable of carrying out such a raid successfully. (Being stopped by the Light at the place where it's strongest is not something that happens often.)

Let's do a recount:

It's awesome!
    Darion died. Also keep in mind things are skewed in the dks favor because most of the main paladins are off aiding the priests at the time of the attack. And the DK player has an artifact weapon while there's no paladins with an artifact there. And the artifact weapons are too big of a deal in the story to overlook as just a gameplay mechanic.

Well to be fair, the memory of Arthas(Lich King) is warning us in some of the zones of NOT trusting Bolvar (and giving use artifact power).

I wonder if Arthas will be more involved with the Dk Campaign in later patches.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see how paladins will try to strike back and fail. I mean our fortress is flying, we have legendary 4 horsemans under our command and very LK backing our asses. And what paladins have outside PC?

I wonder if Arthas will be more involved with the Dk Campaign in later patches.
    Many people will disagree/hate but i think Blizzard making setup for Arthas's comes back in next expansion. There plenty of signs was added.

As stated was discussed quite a bit.

My opinion from just a storytelling perspective it was idiotic, not that the DKs don't complete their mission, but the actual way the story unfolds.

I suppose if Blizzard does continue this story line at some point it could be made better, but the foundation here is fairly awful, and really there is only so many ways they can carry forth the story, and far as I can tell, no matter what happens in the future, Ebon Blade DKs will still look like idiots, and the Paladins here look pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's do a recount:

It's awesome!
    It's not awesome it's poor.

First off both Darion and the player DK know that the Light actually protects Light's Hope and will smack down any undead that try to assault the place, they know this cause it happened to them already, yet far as I can tell it's ignored until it smacks down the DKs...again.

Second attacking the Paladins is pretty poor on the DK part, they are (or at least where) allies, yeah DKs have a reputation for doing what needs to be done even it does piss off their allies, but this is going overboard. IF there had been some talk about avoiding talking paladin lives or some sort it may have been better, but again, nope DKs are going to spill Paladin blood because they really need that body, course in the end they don't but whatever.

Going forward the only way I can see this even kind of working out for the better is if it's shown that the Lich King is pretty much in the Player DK's head actively controlling his thoughts, along with the rest of the Ebon Blade, cause while I would feel that to was pretty silly, since DKs broke free of the original Lich King's control, it would be the only way this particular scenario makes any sense.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I would like to see how paladins will try to strike back and fail. I mean our fortress is flying, we have legendary 4 horsemans under our command and very LK backing our asses. And what paladins have outside PC?

Many people will disagree/hate but i think Blizzard making setup for Arthas's comes back in next expansion. There plenty of signs was added.
    yea.. you can make many hooks out of thin air.. not very difficult in wow.

random player: Oo look pirates on a ship! .. dude WE are so going to the southseas NEXT expansion!

Yup so much signes

Well Liadrin got rekt so she is apparently a pretty useless paladin. it was kinda funny to see Maxwell Tyrosus get strangulated and also the only real casualty in the DK side was Darion and because the player character is such a badass he/she just raise him again.

DKs try to rob an empty order hall with the Warcraft equivalent of a melee rocket launcher (I mean, hey, frostmourne shards) and they still get fucked up.

How INCOMPETENT do you have to be?