Deleted

Harbingers - Khadgar

Someone already made a thread, scrap.
    Last edited by mmoc5086ef18c7; 2016-07-28 at 05:24 PM.

Did Medivh "die" again after WCIII? I know he got killed in WCI, but I thought he came back.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Tichondrius blasting off again !!!!!"

Or whatever dreadlord that was.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Did Medivh "die" again after WCIII? I know he got killed in WCI, but I thought he came back.
    It was illusion made by the dreadlord as far as I know.

Anyhow, glad they didn't retcon tons of character backround shit like with Gul'dan one.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Anyhow, glad they didn't retcon tons of character backround shit like with Gul'dan one.
    they didnt tho.
    that was the AU gul'dan story.
    our gul'dan has the same shit as always.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You really have a talent for this OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    they didnt tho.
    that was the AU gul'dan story.
    our gul'dan has the same shit as always.
    They did though, Blizzard is on record saying 95% of AU Draenor is same as our Draenor was with only 'minor' alterations, like Ner'zhul's wife being alive (them considering that minor alteration is just reminded how detached they're of their own set up lore).

Gul'dan's entire backstory being altered is hardly within their proclaimed 95% same.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Gul'dan's entire backstory being altered is hardly within their proclaimed 95% same.
    Hard to alter something that doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

They did though, Blizzard is on record saying 95% of AU Draenor is same as our Draenor was with only 'minor' alterations, like Ner'zhul's wife being alive (them considering that minor alteration is just reminded how detached they're of their own set up lore).

If there being no Garrosh and Ner's wife being alive are minor why can't Gul'dan's back story differing be minor?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    If there being no Garrosh and Ner's wife being alive are minor why can't Gul'dan's back story differing be minor?
    I did put 'minor' in quotation marks for a purpose. I for my part will do my best to forget that such thing as WoD in terms of lore ever existed.

It was illusion made by the dreadlord as far as I know.
    The Medivh Ghost in the short was a dreadlord, but Kadghar seemed to think that Medivh is dead - shouldnt he know about Medivh running around in WCIII warning people about stuff?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The Medivh Ghost in the short was a dreadlord, but Kadghar seemed to think that Medivh is dead - shouldnt he know about Medivh running around in WCIII warning people about stuff?
    Not necessarily as Khadgar was in Outland when this all happened, so it makes sense for him to be oblivious to Medivh's 'runnings arounds'. I'm not sure that we know exactly what happened to Medivh after Warcraft 3, I'm pretty sure it states that he faded away and joined other legends of Azeroth. I take that as he simply acheived his purpose and passed on but it could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Felricia View Post
    Not necessarily as Khadgar was in Outland when this all happened, so it makes sense for him to be oblivious to Medivh's 'runnings arounds'. I'm not sure that we know exactly what happened to Medivh after Warcraft 3, I'm pretty sure it states that he faded away and joined other legends of Azeroth. I take that as he simply acheived his purpose and passed on but it could be wrong.
    Beat me to it. Yah Medivh never told anyone his name he just claimed to be a messenger and he was killed at least 20 years prior to WC 3 and even Jaina a mage or the Kirin tor didn't know who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Beat me to it. Yah Medivh never told anyone his name he just claimed to be a messenger and he was killed at least 20 years prior to WC 3 and even Jaina a mage or the Kirin tor didn't know who he was.
    I think he did tell Jaina, Thrall and Tyrande when he had that three way meeting just before Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think he did tell Jaina, Thrall and Tyrande when he had that three way meeting just before Hyjal.
    I could be wrong but I think he may have just called himself the oracle. Either way none of them would have any reson to tell Kadgar. Tyrande doesn't know Kadgar and Jaina had 0 interaction with him until WoD and now in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    I could be wrong but I think he may have just called himself the oracle. Either way none of them would have any reson to tell Kadgar. Tyrande doesn't know Kadgar and Jaina had 0 interaction with him until WoD and now in Legion
    No, he told them who he was and that included even in game cinematic to play along his speech of the unfolding events of his past.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already a thread on this, with more discussion, I suggest people post there instead. Closing this.

CLOSED.