Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Disc is probably going to get changed. Not because it's a bad healer or anything (the opposite atm), but due to the fact so many people will suck at it, and demand changes.

If you want an example of this, look at mistweaver monk changes over the years. I'd wager 90% of the changes (especially the legion changes), were done because it was too hard for most people.
    I thought that the idea was that those who find it too difficult can still play the other healer spec for their class. MW doesn't have that option.

You are the voice of reason my friend.

So many people are replying calling the OP snotty and going as far to say "I've never seen anybody else complain about the new disc". I've been hearing very mixed reviews, and that's exactly what you should expect with such a drastic change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I quite like the new disc, if they had a better way of managing atonement I'd be set, but as of right now the 15sec application on whoever you healed last feels really really clunky and really puts you on your back foot if someone you didn't expect to take damage suddenly drops in health.

If they made atonement into a more streamlined system I'd be totally sold.

This is pretty much my take on new disc. It's a lot harder to play reactionary now. Also if you are trying to level as disc, you don't have radiance, so group healing is a pain.

I don't see what's so hard about managing atonement through your raid frames or vuhdo? 15 sec is plenty of time to do healing with. Maybe you need more haste. And again, I will say, disc is tuned for legion style raids and dungeons. Not for HFC and WoD.

Why is it so hard to react to damage that you KNOW is coming? You've been raiding HFC for what, a year now? You don't know when damage is going to come out on the raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You're also literally the first person who I've seen mention anything negative about Disc.
    you must be blind then, mate.
    disc sucks. i dont like the way its been reworked, it doesnt suit my gameplay. for me it doesnt know if it wants to be dps or heal.
    tried holy & that was better, if i stuck with it for a couple of weeks it would be a good class to play, im sure.
    im going to play my resto shammy. it just slips nicely into the way i like to heal & im probably better with that style than the new disc, where as the old disc i loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    I thought that the idea was that those who find it too difficult can still play the other healer spec for their class. MW doesn't have that option.
    Yep, they have mentioned in the past that MW was changed to allow a normal healing style because people rolled a monk to play that style (even tho it wasnt meant to).
    They have no specifically said that they made Disc the Hybrid healer because those who do not like it can go off to holy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    The issue I have with Disc is that I get chain-declined for Mythic Dungeons just because I'm Disc despite fulfilling ilvl requirements easily.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    you must be blind then, mate.
    disc sucks. i dont like the way its been reworked, it doesnt suit my gameplay. for me it doesnt know if it wants to be dps or heal.
    tried holy & that was better, if i stuck with it for a couple of weeks it would be a good class to play, im sure.
    im going to play my resto shammy. it just slips nicely into the way i like to heal & im probably better with that style than the new disc, where as the old disc i loved.
    So, let me get this straight.... because you had to alter your game play and REFUSED to learn how to properly play a class, therefore it sucks??? Your opinion is just that, an opinion. You give no actual facts as to why it "sucks" besides you didn't take the time to learn how to play it. As with anything new, you have to actually LEARN SOMETHING (gasp! I know right? there's learning in that there game!) I'm glad you're going to your resto shaman. Stay there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krstl View Post
    I don't see what's so hard about managing atonement through your raid frames or vuhdo? 15 sec is plenty of time to do healing with. Maybe you need more haste. And again, I will say, disc is tuned for legion style raids and dungeons. Not for HFC and WoD.

Why is it so hard to react to damage that you KNOW is coming? You've been raiding HFC for what, a year now? You don't know when damage is going to come out on the raid?
    I track the buff using an addon, tracking it isnt the issue. My issue is just that applying the buff from heals that lasts 15 seconds is clunky, that's how Grace used to work and that was clunky - that's why they got rid of it. But now it has returned and it's still clunky

At this moment my Dpriest is outhealing all other healers and doing an additional 30k+ dps on all fights.
    Yes, you are out-healing other classes that are not playing optimally (looking at those percentiles), in Heroic content, in a raid that is not designed around current classes and without Artifacts and T18. This is not representative of how classes will be performing in high end Legion content at all.

Im not trying to bash you, in fact I might congratulate you on some very nice percentiles, but im afraid the sample from which you are judging Discipline is not a true representation of how things are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Yes, you are out-healing other classes that are not playing optimally (looking at those percentiles), in Heroic content, in a raid that is not designed around current classes and without Artifacts and T18. This is not representative of how classes will be performing in high end Legion content at all.

Im not trying to bash you, in fact I might congratulate you on some very nice percentiles, but im afraid the sample from which you are judging Discipline is not a true representation of how things are.
    To be fair, you can play your healer optimally and still only be like 60th percentile. There are so many factors that go into it and this can only be accurately judged during actual progression raids.

However, the DPS you contribute is relatively constant.

Deleted
    So, let me get this straight.... because you had to alter your game play and REFUSED to learn how to properly play a class, therefore it sucks??? Your opinion is just that, an opinion. You give no actual facts as to why it "sucks" besides you didn't take the time to learn how to play it. As with anything new, you have to actually LEARN SOMETHING (gasp! I know right? there's learning in that there game!) I'm glad you're going to your resto shaman. Stay there.
    mate, ive got more ahead of the curves on my disc than youve probably had hot dinners.
    dont come all high & mighty on a forum preaching things you cant possibly comprehend.
    ive learnt different styles through over 10 years of playing holy/disc, so dont come on here giving it large, sunshine.
    its just one step too far for me, im done playing disc.
    now be on your way, little one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of this is your opinion. Atonement works fine (if youre not doing at least 30k dps and 40k hps youre playing it wrong).

Uhh thats completely dependant on gear and how well you prepared because mastery stacking is useless now

Also: What does this sentence even mean?
    He means we put atonement on other people now not ourselves ... which we never did we applied archangel and atonement was automatic.

I personally thought Disc was at its height during MoP but i wont stop playing it. Its actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it

mate, ive got more ahead of the curves on my disc than youve probably had hot dinners.
    dont come all high & mighty on a forum preaching things you cant possibly comprehend.
    ive learnt different styles through over 10 years of playing holy/disc, so dont come on here giving it large, sunshine.
    its just one step too far for me, im done playing disc.
    now be on your way, little one.
    That's funny considering I'm only missing 2 because I skipped the beginning of MoP. So calm yourself. How is it that I'm acting all high and mighty for calling you out on saying disc sucks when the only reason you give is because you refused to learn how to play it. Your "10 years of playing holy/disc" has nothing to do with the new way disc plays. It's different, so again, you comment really means nothing. Like I said, I'm glad you're done playing it. Now go on your way with your little shaman.

Deleted
    Your "10 years of playing holy/disc" has nothing to do with the new way disc plays.
    obviously it does, otherwise i would still be playing it. young un

Maybe we should get back on track and be helpful instead of just insulting others. I get it's not always easy since a lot of the times it's just 'ugh disc sucks' or someone legit not playing the spec correctly, but we aren't going to get anywhere like this. So let's stop personally attacking others and try to help each other improve and love the spec again, or hey switch whatever, but let's be helpful rather than hurtful.

sig by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I never mentioned anything about numbers or how it is performing, i said i dislike the mechanics behind it.

It means exactly that, they turned disc into a steaming pile so it was easier for them to balance.....my belief is that disc has been long hated by the developers because of how hard it was to tune properly.
    I understand what your trying to say, even though you don't know how to say it; But that sentiment can be used for literally every class and spec in the game (maybe not Unholy DK's; they can do no wrong currently). You want disc like it used to be, they don't want it that way, they changed it to something else and build the mechanics around that. They did that before....also with every other class/spec in the game. I personally don't like the changes to my class (warlock) and it's specs, so I am shopping around for another class. This hurts a lot too as i've played a lock for neigh on a decade almost exclusive, but none of the specs work for me nor does the design.

Try something another class or perhaps its time to move on that's my feeling on it.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    obviously it does, otherwise i would still be playing it. young un
    Its fine that you dont like it. I dont either to be honest, but I think what he/she objected against was you saying "disc sucks!" which is your opinion and nothing else.

I see this is the hunter forums aswell. Some people dont like how MM changed. Others find its fantastic. Same with disc.

So tldr If you dont like it, thats perfectly okay. Its perfectly okay to not like a playstyle. The best thing to do then is to simply play something else.
    But stop saying "IT SUCKS".
    It doesnt suck. You and I just dont like the play style. Others do.

I don't see what's so hard about managing atonement through your raid frames or vuhdo? 15 sec is plenty of time to do healing with.
    Atonement duration is more like 5-7 seconds of dps-heal time because of having to apply enough to make a difference during burst periods. In practice, you have to spend a lot of time prepping just to throw out a handful of gcds of healing before you have to go back applying atonement. You spend much, much more time applying atonement than dpsing or healing, so it feels stressful and tedious at times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    Atonement duration is more like 5-7 seconds of dps-heal time because of having to apply enough to make a difference during burst periods. In practice, you have to spend a lot of time prepping just to throw out a handful of gcds of healing before you have to go back applying atonement. You spend much, much more time applying atonement than dpsing or healing, so it feels stressful and tedious at times.
    After you do power word:radiance, you actually have exactly 15 seconds to DPS for Atonement, not "5-7".

Obviously applying more makes the first ones applied fall off earlier, but if it's just a burst mechanic, why do you have to DPS for longer than 5-7 seconds as you already applied Atonement to approximately 15 people? How many specs can heal 15 people on demand without using cooldowns for burst scenarios, anyway? And also, DoTs still tick and Mindbender still attacks during that time.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-07-28 at 10:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    To be fair, you can play your healer optimally and still only be like 60th percentile. There are so many factors that go into it and this can only be accurately judged during actual progression raids.

However, the DPS you contribute is relatively constant.
    Topping the healing rankings is like winning special olympics. Either your other healers are shit, or your whole raid is shit. Or you have less healers than other guilds. Take your pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.