Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm not a qualified sniper, but I'm an excellent shot with mid-range rifles like an AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I was the best nerf shooter in my office, holding the record of two red bull cans in two shots in the 3 cubicles category. Does it count?

The nerf in question:

PS: No, I am not joking.
    This weapon has many attachments that would be illegal under the most recently proposed "Assault Weapon" ban.

I've always been told I'm a really good shot, but I don't really think I am. Mechanically, I'm good, and I know a lot of tricks to make really difficult shots. I used to instruct in the USMC as a PMI/CMI. But when I would look at naturally really good shooters, I just felt I wasn't at their level. I was good at seeing what people were doing wrong, so I was a good instructor. I was confident to tell people I would have them shooting expert before the week was out, and 90% of the time they did.

I've never missed.

Better than some, worse than others. Favorite to shoot depends on caliber. Would be a novel if I listed them in order per caliber.
    Top three pistols atm would be
    G17 modified
    Sa 1911
    Steyr m9

Top three rifles atm would be
    Socom 16
    Psa 5.56
    Zastava m90

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Doesn't the Nagant have a 5 round magazine? Hereare some single-fire rifles
    Yup, meant to say bolt action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I've always been told I'm a really good shot, but I don't really think I am. Mechanically, I'm good, and I know a lot of tricks to make really difficult shots. I used to instruct in the USMC as a PMI/CMI. But when I would look at naturally really good shooters, I just felt I wasn't at their level. I was good at seeing what people were doing wrong, so I was a good instructor. I was confident to tell people I would have them shooting expert before the week was out, and 90% of the time they did.
    You ever deal with recruits out in Pendleton?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I bought a Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 a few months back. Someone brought in a crate of them to my local gun shop in amazing condition. I really like how it shoots, also own an xds 9mm for ccw, not the most accurate but it's a 3.3 barrel so...

I bought a cz 455 lux bolt action .22lr a few days ago I am waiting to arrive. Looking forward to that because I can shoot that all day for cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, recently I've been to my friend's house, and we were shooting sniper rifles by a lake. I did pretty darn well, considering it was my first real shooting experience: hit the faraway target around 50% times!

Funny, playing Infiltrator in Mass Effect games taught me how to synchronize my breathing with pulling the trigger.

---

Oh, also I used to be pretty good with bows, back when I was 10 or so. Would do pretty terrible now though...
    Fallout 4 for me.

But yeah, part of the training is to fire on a natural exhale.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It just seems like it would be a really unsafe way to handle a gun, to not know how many rounds are in it, at any given moment. /shrug
    Not knowing how many rounds are in a gun is irrelevant because you always treat it as if it is loaded when handling it. Every time I pick up a gun I check the chamber and the magazine and verify it is empty, and even after that still handle it as if it is loaded. If I hand a gun to a person that I have checked and they hand it back, I check it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer using the bow. It worked really well for me in Tomb Raider.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was when I was in the military, but haven't shot since, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently used a Rigby .357 H&H, that was the dog's bollocks.

The owner got it for safaris and I want one now, but they are bloody expensive, those are car money.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Are you a good shot with a gun? What is your favorite gun to shoot ?
    Pretty good shot with a rifle. I can (and have) shoot a running deer through the heart at over 500 yards. Of all the rifles I've shot (my father is a gun collector who also repairs guns), I always have a soft spot for my .243 (best compromise for me between high muzzle velocity and bullet weight).

Okay shot with a pistol. I can shoot a reasonable good pattern at 50 feet. My favorite here is a .45 (my father's, so not sure, but I think it was a Ruger).

Deleted
    No, I'm not a white American cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely, my father taught me when I was young with both handguns and rifles. He is an avid collector and lifetime member of the NRA. I wouldn't consider myself a hobbyist but I am informed and capable.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    You ever deal with recruits out in Pendleton?
    No, I was always just tied up in training for my battalion, or a small 6mo stint at WTBN. All east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    No, I'm not a white American cop.
    Don't lie Captain Sweden, You are dead accurate with those laser nipples of tolerance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Don't lie Captain Sweden, You are dead accurate with those laser nipples of tolerance.
    True, if we had guns we wouldn't have had all this tolerance, look at America, I'm surprised the cops haven't been shooting at their own shadows yet.
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2016-07-28 at 06:40 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    M16 I would average 28/29 out of 30.

M203 I could nail a target in the chest with the launcher at 300+ yards.

Any shotgun really.

I worked at a gun range for 5 years so I got really good at sporting clays and trap, was in a competitive league for about 4 years. I continue to practice regularly to this day. Also I was in the Military between 2001 and 2005 and deployed for almost 3 years. I got a lot of experience.