Deleted

Does any professions in Legion make Relics?

Does any professions in Legion make Relics? im just wondering where they come from at end game, are there any profs that craft them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Does any professions in Legion make Relics? im just wondering where they come from at end game, are there any profs that craft them?
    I think Inscription does
    Zetheros Cralin Leteros Xerophin Duskeros Vanderos
    Atheros Zenderos Magmeros Battistta Denzeros

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Different professions can make different type of relics with ilvl 805. Enchanters can make shadow relics etc
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Plenty of them do. Real End-Game comes from Raiding and Mythic+ though, the crafted relics are only 805 AFAIK, and you cannot upgrade them with Obliterum since they much work like Gems.

Following relic types are craftable:

Arcane - Enchanting
    Blood - Blacksmithing
    Fel - Engineering
    Fire - Blacksmithing
    Frost - Inscription
    Holy - Blacksmithing
    Iron - Blackschmithing
    Life - Inscription
    Shadow - Enchanting
    Storm - Engineering

IMHO they could've spread them out a bit more, maybe give Alchemy one (Water or Life), and not pile most of them on Blacksmithing.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-07-28 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Plenty of them do. Real End-Game comes from Raiding and Mythic+ though, the crafted relics are only 805 AFAIK, and you cannot upgrade them with Obliterum since they much work like Gems.

Following relic types are craftable:

Arcane - Enchanting
    Blood - Blacksmithing
    Fel - Engineering
    Fire - Blacksmithing
    Frost - Inscription
    Holy - Blacksmithing
    Iron - Blackschmithing
    Life - Inscription
    Shadow - Enchanting
    Water - <none as far as I know>
    Storm - Engineering

IMHO they could've spread them out a bit more, maybe give Alchemy one (Water or Life), and not pile most of them on Blacksmithing.
    From my experience in beta, this information is incorrect. Blacksmithing only makes holy and iron relics as far as I can tell. The comments in the following post have a table that shows which professions make which relics. These are far more useful for off spec weapons usually.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=136687/the-felic#comments

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are relics? How are they used?

I saw a few videos of some guy getting one from a quest? From what I understand they add an extra level to a specific weapon artifact? If so, why do they bother coming in common/rare/epic quality if all they do is add a point to your artifact talent?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Deavante View Post
    From my experience in beta, this information is incorrect. Blacksmithing only makes holy and iron relics as far as I can tell. The comments in the following post have a table that shows which professions make which relics. These are far more useful for off spec weapons usually.
    That table lists BS as making holy, blood, iron, and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

I saw a few videos of some guy getting one from a quest? From what I understand they add an extra level to a specific weapon artifact? If so, why do they bother coming in common/rare/epic quality if all they do is add a point to your artifact talent?
    They also upgrade the ilvl/damage of your artifact weapon. So think of them as weapon drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

As Yotsu said - it's ilevel. So, some relics do have +Artifact talents on them, but the whole point of getting them is to increase the ilevel of your weapon. In theory, you could fill out every skill in an Artifact, which would make you pretty powerful, but if you never put a relic in it, you'd still be ilevel 800, for example. The difference between a mythic raiders Artifact weapon, and a World Quest daily non-raider weapon will be the Mythic raiders will likely be much higher ilevel - they're getting the high relics in raids or ++Mythic 5 mans.

So - taking mage as an example, the reason the mage who raid's mythic's spell power will be much higher than someone that only does dailies, will be because if the high ilevel relics. Now, of course, the rest of their gear will be better and will make them more powerful. But think of how much better a character performs with a 720 weapon as a opposed to a 685 weapon. Huge jump.

Keep in mind all crafted relics are unique-equipped so you can only have 1 relic crafted regardless of which profession it was crafted from. However, archeology can also create a relic (not all relic types are available, but most are) and those are not shared with the profession crafted ones, but they're also rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    @Nevcairiel is right but he is missing the aqual mark, water relic made by scribes
    Actually its there under "Frost", I got confused because Frost/Water are the same thing, I think they swapped names once.