10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Which is a really convenient way to sell people on having to create minimal story and the content that would have come with that.

As much as I love monster hunter you don't see people praising its lack of story in basically everything except 4u. The games are very similar in that regard, except in dark souls its sold as a feature where in MH its just forgiven because people enjoy the gameplay which is what matters at the end of the day. But both are still very much just cutting corners in that regard.

What kept me playing the game had nothing to do with the story, which was again virtually non-existent. It was entirely the combat and exploration. Basically the most fundamental things that drive you through an rpg, just with barely any semblance of why you're doing any of it.

Because its design / systems are dated as all hell. Hence archaic.

If I may be hyperbolic, its honestly the shittiest most contrived pvp system I've ever seen. People having separate instances and them creating a way to allow people to join your instance isn't exactly new or revolutionary tech. And the entire pvp (and grouping for that matter) experience feels very shoehorned into what is very clearly a single player game.

ARPG's tend to do things to create replay ability, that's pretty standard for the genre unless its really story heavy and even then they'll just have manual difficulties and achievement hunting etc etc.

I'm fully aware they did it in ds2, which is the point. It wasn't in ds3, hence them cutting corners. If anything they should have been expanding on the game in that regard, especially with it supposedly being the last installment in the series. Instead they cut corners and just scaled the numbers.

I should note that I do think that they cut corners with Dark Souls 3 (I mean how do you make a AAA game is 2 years with part of your team working on another IP during that time and not cut some corners?), but I think the reasons you listed are completely wrong.

That's debatable, I mean the combat's definitely fun and thee major selling point, but for instance I found vindictus's combat to be flat out superior / more engaging than dark souls (unfortunately nexon). Not even to mention significantly more challenging.

Try and imagine a world where dark souls isn't famous for its difficulty because other games have similar difficulty / lack of hand holding or it itself didn't have its difficulty. What does it really have going for it? The graphics are ok, the animations are pretty awkward, the combats just standard vanilla arpg, the story is basically non-existent, the replayability is weak, the pvp is... well you know how I feel about that. If it weren't a somewhat difficult game at a time where the industry swore off any tiny amount of difficulty the game likely would have never gotten its cult following in the first place.

Despite all my shitting on it I still think its a fun game that I'll definitely play through again when I've had enough time to disconnect from my initial experience. The game has its fundamentals down, which is unfortunately something other games tend to forgo in favor of fluff. But that doesn't mean the game doesn't have its flaws.
    The only valid point you have about Dark Souls cutting corners is the lack of new enemies and mechanics in NG+ like they did in DS2. Everything else is your subjective opinion. I don't feel like writing an essay on it so I'll leave it at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sounds like you enjoy shit being shoveled out on a coveyer belt to you, to each their own.

There are literal bridges, buildings and pretty much all forms of clutter taken straight out of bloodborne and thrown into the game. To the point where in some areas the game looks more like Bloodborne then it does Dark Souls 3.

That is a clear product of rushing a game out the door to try and milk profits from people like you that will blindly defend anything From Software does like they're God Like.

Stay defensive, it's literally no surprise this is the worst received game in the Souls franchise it was a literal rush job. It's still a good game and fun because Souls mechanics stay solid but that is where it ends, everything else about the game screams "we had to rush to get this done in 1 year after bloodborne".
    This has nothing to do with Dark Souls 3 or From Software. If it was about Pokemon I'd say the same thing. If it was about Mario I'd say the same thing. If it was about World of Warcraft I'd say the same thing.

Dark Souls 3 does feel too samey to Bloodborne at some points, but reusing assets isn't an inherently bad thing.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2016-07-26 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    What mistakes are those? I think they made quite a few steps in the right direction.

Can you explain that a bit more? I much prefer the PvP system in DS3 than I do in say DS2 (even if they are extremely similar).
    I haven't played in a long time so I'd honestly have to fire it up again and play through again to answer the first part. They're very obvious while playing, but I never actually tabbed out and punched them into notepad while I was playing (I do this for beta/early access games where the dev may ask or want specific feedback at some point) so by this point most of it has left my head. The only thing that sticks out is the camera STILL sucks, and especially the lock-on mechanic. Several bosses and some areas of the game are made unreasonably difficult due to camera fuckery, and I don't consider that "authentic" difficulty. Another thing is... why can't I lock onto a monster that I can very clearly see and is within my lock-on range? Why does the lock-on system to love preferring the monster to my left, 20 feet away, rather than the monster to my right which is actively attacking me and is only five feet away?

This is a problem the camera has had in EVERY Dark Souls game, so it can't just be an engine problem (many of Bethesda's issues are due to all of their games using the same engine, for example, which may mean those issues are simply extremely difficult to fix due to engine limitations) unless DS2, BB, etc were all built off the same engine DS1 was built on (and which would then presumably be built off of the Demons Souls engine, etc.)

For the second part... there is no way the PvP system in DS3 is better than DS2, especially SotFS DS2.

Stamina management in general is less of an issue in DS3, leading to more spammy gameplay. Or, more accurately, less punishment for spammy gameplay. Rolling costs very little stamina, has lots of iframes, and has few recovery frames, leading to roll spamming being incredibly effective. Stamina regenerates so quickly that even if you blow all of your stamina on attack spamming, you can typically still roll away from reprisal unless they're using a fast weapon. This, of course, leads to fast weapons being unequivocally superior to slow weapons (the only slow weapons that are used are ones which are slow enough to be given hyperarmor, but still fast enough to catch someone before they can roll away... glaives are the primary example.)

Additionally, all weapons track INSANELY well. Even thrusting weapons like the Estoc rarely require repositioning - they track so well that even their narrow thrusting hitbox can reliably hit someone trying to circle around you or even roll around you. Weapons like Ultra Greatswords track so well you can almost literally just spam 2hR1's and nail people trying to roll behind you for a backstab (the common way of addressing ultra weapons in DS2 and sometimes DS1, which is why those weapons were typically used defensively.) I actually died to a UGS user the first time I saw one because I saw them spamming and immediately thought "oh this will be easy, I'll just roll through one of their attacks and backstab them while they're recovering." Cue them pirouetting like a ballerina and immediately smashing me while I was turning around for the backstab.

This also negatively impacts PvE, to the point that DS3 PvE is unquestionably the most boring and least interesting of the series for me. My first playthrough almost literally consisted of me doing nothing but 2hR1 spam with a halberd because almost all enemies are stunned on the first hit, so I'd pretty much just stunlock them to death. For the fast, mobile enemies... who cares? I track with perfect accuracy so I can just keep spamming.

These sorts of things very directly reduce the impact of player skill on the results. There was a marked difference between different "tiers" of player skill in DS2. In DS3? Not so much - you can tell the difference between a newbie and a veteran, but there's very little difference between players of very high skill and players of merely above-average levels of skill. If you want further proof of how awful the PvP in DS3 is, look at how little content is being produced by the "big names" in streaming and content creation. It's because their viewers get bored so quickly - because DS3 PvP is BORING.

I mean, it's great if you have fun with it. I frankly envy you for that, because I want it to be fun, too! But there's no doubt that DS3 is flatly inferior to either previous title in terms of complexity and depth in its PvP. And, for the fairly sizable PvP sub-community for Dark Souls, that's a huge problem. SteamDB and Steam Spy report dramatic fall-off in player numbers for DS3, to the point that it's almost even with DS1! I think a lot of players participated in the "gloabl restart" for nostalgia, realized just how much BETTER DS1 is (despite it not having aged well, especially on PC), and ended up sticking with it. Last time I checked, peak players for DS3 was like 12k and it was around 10.5k for DS1, and even DS2 (both versions combined) was at about 6k.

That's not good.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Stamina regenerates so quickly that even if you blow all of your stamina on attack spamming, you can typically still roll away from reprisal unless they're using a fast weapon. This, of course, leads to fast weapons being unequivocally superior to slow weapons (the only slow weapons that are used are ones which are slow enough to be given hyperarmor, but still fast enough to catch someone before they can roll away... glaives are the primary example.)

Additionally, all weapons track INSANELY well. Even thrusting weapons like the Estoc rarely require repositioning - they track so well that even their narrow thrusting hitbox can reliably hit someone trying to circle around you or even roll around you. Weapons like Ultra Greatswords track so well you can almost literally just spam 2hR1's and nail people trying to roll behind you for a backstab (the common way of addressing ultra weapons in DS2 and sometimes DS1, which is why those weapons were typically used defensively.) I actually died to a UGS user the first time I saw one because I saw them spamming and immediately thought "oh this will be easy, I'll just roll through one of their attacks and backstab them while they're recovering." Cue them pirouetting like a ballerina and immediately smashing me while I was turning around for the backstab.

This also negatively impacts PvE, to the point that DS3 PvE is unquestionably the most boring and least interesting of the series for me. My first playthrough almost literally consisted of me doing nothing but 2hR1 spam with a halberd because almost all enemies are stunned on the first hit, so I'd pretty much just stunlock them to death. For the fast, mobile enemies... who cares? I track with perfect accuracy so I can just keep spamming.

These sorts of things very directly reduce the impact of player skill on the results. There was a marked difference between different "tiers" of player skill in DS2. In DS3? Not so much - you can tell the difference between a newbie and a veteran, but there's very little difference between players of very high skill and players of merely above-average levels of skill. If you want further proof of how awful the PvP in DS3 is, look at how little content is being produced by the "big names" in streaming and content creation. It's because their viewers get bored so quickly - because DS3 PvP is BORING.

I mean, it's great if you have fun with it. I frankly envy you for that, because I want it to be fun, too! But there's no doubt that DS3 is flatly inferior to either previous title in terms of complexity and depth in its PvP. And, for the fairly sizable PvP sub-community for Dark Souls, that's a huge problem. SteamDB and Steam Spy report dramatic fall-off in player numbers for DS3, to the point that it's almost even with DS1! I think a lot of players participated in the "gloabl restart" for nostalgia, realized just how much BETTER DS1 is (despite it not having aged well, especially on PC), and ended up sticking with it. Last time I checked, peak players for DS3 was like 12k and it was around 10.5k for DS1, and even DS2 (both versions combined) was at about 6k.

That's not good.

I will answer some of the bolded stuff here we goes:

I agree that stamina regenration is fast in DS3 but this is not a big problem compare to the other issues previous souls game had this issues still better than the lagstab we had in DS1 I mean I am surprised some players forgot about these issues in DS1 and just saying the flaws of DS3 without mentioning the flaws of previous souls game?

Also about stunning enemies in DS3 using big weapons? I don't see that is a problem at all yeah remember in DS1? where you can so easily lagstab everything to the last boss and you can easily parry Gwyn like nothing making the game super duper easier? yeah I still see stunning some enemies in DS3 using large weapon still better than able to backstab everything easily and parrying the last boss making the experience so trivial. In pvp a lot of players like it because it make them viable specially for because in previous souls game it was always almost always fast weapons are immensely superior to ultra heavy weapons in pvp in DS3 they balanced that out a little bit yeah fast weapon still better in pvp but they made ultra weapons way more viable in pvp compare to previous games.

The main reason you don't see streamers do a lot of contents anymore don't you consider it that they got burned out with the game mechanics? that doesn't mean the game is bad or the worst of the series they might just got bored of the genre? also another reason you may don't see them do a lot of contents anymore because of how you can't invade players who already killed the bosses of the area which make it annoying sometimes but this problem can be fixed if you don't kill the tree boss in your NG+++ or something like that.

My only issue in pvp in DS3 that they brought up the seeds mechanic from DS2 which is bad idea imo.

So having recently( last 2 months) "rediscovered" Dark souls, then played all three games ( I got stuck in the first one... On the Taurus demon -.-)
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, marathoned the secon( I truly wasnt impressed with it)
    Then massively enjoyed DS 3.
    What I've now been thinking of doing, is a full on multiplayer playthrough with someone, unfortunately, I have no friends that want to step to the challenge and git gud.

I'm wondering if a separate thread should be made for meeting others with a similar desire to play MP DS3, or if it should merely remain confined here.

The only thing that sticks out is the camera STILL sucks, and especially the lock-on mechanic. Several bosses and some areas of the game are made unreasonably difficult due to camera fuckery, and I don't consider that "authentic" difficulty. Another thing is... why can't I lock onto a monster that I can very clearly see and is within my lock-on range? Why does the lock-on system to love preferring the monster to my left, 20 feet away, rather than the monster to my right which is actively attacking me and is only five feet away?

This is a problem the camera has had in EVERY Dark Souls game, so it can't just be an engine problem (many of Bethesda's issues are due to all of their games using the same engine, for example, which may mean those issues are simply extremely difficult to fix due to engine limitations) unless DS2, BB, etc were all built off the same engine DS1 was built on (and which would then presumably be built off of the Demons Souls engine, etc.)
    Personally I've never had a problem with the lockon system, and I can't actually recall a boss or area where I felt the camera fucked me. Maybe I'm just use to it from other souls games.
    For the second part... there is no way the PvP system in DS3 is better than DS2, especially SotFS DS2.

Stamina management in general is less of an issue in DS3, leading to more spammy gameplay. Or, more accurately, less punishment for spammy gameplay. Rolling costs very little stamina, has lots of iframes, and has few recovery frames, leading to roll spamming being incredibly effective. Stamina regenerates so quickly that even if you blow all of your stamina on attack spamming, you can typically still roll away from reprisal unless they're using a fast weapon. This, of course, leads to fast weapons being unequivocally superior to slow weapons (the only slow weapons that are used are ones which are slow enough to be given hyperarmor, but still fast enough to catch someone before they can roll away... glaives are the primary example.)
    I wouldn't say that the excessive amount of stamina is a bad thing. If someone is just R1 spamming you, then parry it easy day. The biggest problem is the speed of chugging an Estus. I shouldn't have to waste charms on some person that doesn't know the etiquette of a 1v1 duel.

If they spam, Parry. It's super easy with a UGS, it telegraphs it a mile away.

You say that like stun locking wasn't a thing in other souls games? Do you not remember the awesomeness that is Ludwig's Holy Blade? The Rapier literally carried me through DS2 with ease.

As for stuff being boring, idk what you're talking about I've seen plenty of videos out there now a days and the big streamers are still going. It might be the fact that the game itself is getting a bit stale. How long were DS2 PvP streams and videos a thing?

That's not good.
    TBH I don't really care about numbers. I bought the game because I love the souls series. So whether it's just me or 12k people playing it at once, I'm having fun. You can have fun with the game too, you just have to find stuff that makes it fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I'm wondering if a separate thread should be made for meeting others with a similar desire to play MP DS3, or if it should merely remain confined here.
    Probably not enough interest to warrant it's own thread and not fall into the "MEGATHREAD" category. You could ask @Edge- or one of the other mods of this sub-forum.

Personally I've never had a problem with the lockon system, and I can't actually recall a boss or area where I felt the camera fucked me. Maybe I'm just use to it from other souls games.
    I didn't think the camera was all that bad (though I played on pc and controlled it with a mouse)

I did find it annoying that the lock on seemed to have a fairly short range that it would stay locked on and a fairly short duration as well so you'd have to keep repeatedly locking on during fights iirc which seems like an oversight.

you just have to find stuff that makes it fun for you.
    That's kind of a problem for a game that is in no way, shape, or form a sandbox.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I didn't think the camera was all that bad (though I played on pc and controlled it with a mouse)

I did find it annoying that the lock on seemed to have a fairly short range that it would stay locked on and a fairly short duration as well so you'd have to keep repeatedly locking on during fights iirc which seems like an oversight.
    That could be a QoL fix in a later patch. I could see them fixing it.
    That's kind of a problem for a game that is in no way, shape, or form a sandbox.
    Yeah, but with the exception of DS 1 (barely) what souls game has been a sandbox? It's been fairly linear since then.

10+ Year Old Account

TBH I don't really care about numbers. I bought the game because I love the souls series. So whether it's just me or 12k people playing it at once, I'm having fun. You can have fun with the game too, you just have to find stuff that makes it fun for you.
    Indeed thank you ! this is the attitude I missed the most nowadays to be honest..back in the old days players don't care about numbers or rating or whatever they play because it's fun and they enjoy it. I do the same I dont' care if less ppl playing it than previous souls it's not like Demon's Souls or King's Field had a lot of players either but these games were amazing King's Field was the proto souls series I recommend it if you don't mind the old graphics of course.

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't say that the excessive amount of stamina is a bad thing. If someone is just R1 spamming you, then parry it easy day. The biggest problem is the speed of chugging an Estus. I shouldn't have to waste charms on some person that doesn't know the etiquette of a 1v1 duel.

If they spam, Parry. It's super easy with a UGS, it telegraphs it a mile away.

You say that like stun locking wasn't a thing in other souls games? Do you not remember the awesomeness that is Ludwig's Holy Blade? The Rapier literally carried me through DS2 with ease.

As for stuff being boring, idk what you're talking about I've seen plenty of videos out there now a days and the big streamers are still going. It might be the fact that the game itself is getting a bit stale. How long were DS2 PvP streams and videos a thing?

Probably not enough interest to warrant it's own thread and not fall into the "MEGATHREAD" category. You could ask @Edge- or one of the other mods of this sub-forum.
    Camera fuckery is a big issue with Dancer and Nameless King.

Parrying doesn't work against laggy opponents, so unless you have the luxury of skirmishing with them a few times to get an idea of what latency between you is like, it's very difficult to figure out what is and isn't safe to attempt to parry. If the connection is good, it's easy to block-into-parry even against fast weapons. If the connection is not good, your parry will whiff and you'll eat another two hits. There's a reason people don't parry a lot (or, the reverse, they just spam parry incessantly, especially if they're using hornet ring for the one-hit win.) Also, the popular UGS can't be parried (they are popular because of that reason.)

I remember how bad stunlocking was in previous titles and it's one of those bad design choices that they should have actually done something about. This is the fifth game in the Soulsborne series and third in the official Dark Souls line. Why are monsters wearing armor stunned as easily as naked hollows? Where the fuck is the damn consistency? Why does the Lothric Knight stagger on the first hit (despite the spear I took off of it EXPLICITLY STATING that they're sturdy and have a bonus to poise to represent this) while the Darkwraith in lighter armor doesn't stagger until the third? As much as people love to beat off over Dark Souls lore and "storytelling", the game has a lot of very weird flaws if you actually look for them.

That could be a QoL fix in a later patch. I could see them fixing it.

Yeah, but with the exception of DS 1 (barely) what souls game has been a sandbox? It's been fairly linear since then.
    That's the point. You can say "well you have to find your own fun" if the game is like, say, Minecraft. Dark Souls (all of them) is presented as a game with a goal and an objective - the player shouldn't have to "find what makes it fun", they are paying you $60 for you to hand them a crafted experience which is fun.

If you have to tell people to "find what makes it fun" in a game like Dark Souls, that should make it abundantly clear how badly the developer failed at their job.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as people love to beat off over Dark Souls lore and "storytelling", the game has a lot of very weird flaws if you actually look for them.

That's the point. You can say "well you have to find your own fun" if the game is like, say, Minecraft. Dark Souls (all of them) is presented as a game with a goal and an objective - the player shouldn't have to "find what makes it fun", they are paying you $60 for you to hand them a crafted experience which is fun.

If you have to tell people to "find what makes it fun" in a game like Dark Souls, that should make it abundantly clear how badly the developer failed at their job.

Namesless king camera issues is only in phase 1 which is half of the fight and even that it's no big deal because you can easily avoid that problem if you don't focus target and he is an optional boss so blaming the camera issues in a half optional fight that can be fixed easily by not targeting is nitpicking to be honest... Dancer? I never ever had any camera problems with her and I played both ps4 300+ hours and the pc version over 200+ hours as well never had camera problem with her and even if what you are saying is 100% true? ok two bosses? two bosses only = camera super bad?

Another thing you said the game has a lot of very weird flaws if we actually look for them? so it's not ok to look for every tiny mistakes and flaws of the game? but not ok to find what is makes it fun?... I am not that super salty to the point that I search for mistakes of flaw if I search and look for every tiny flaws I will find plenty I am talking in general here not just dark souls you should play the game and enjoy the new contents not to judge the game and looking for it's flaw to be honest for me no offense you sound very salty burned out of the souls series I guess try to play something else maybe...

As I said we don't video games searching for perfection and calculating flaws and pros we play to enjoy it and the moment we don't enjoy it anymore? we just move on thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because I don't like being taken for a fool, and that's exactly what FromSoft is doing. They're releasing half-finished garbage they shoveled out to make more money, because they knew it'd sell on name alone. We know they're capable of better... MUCH better... so we should expect and demand that of them. I only wish I could get my money back from buying DS3. It wasn't worth $60 and I don't think it'd even be worth $30.

My time and money are limited, and I'm not keen on having them wasted on laziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because I don't like being taken for a fool, and that's exactly what FromSoft is doing. They're releasing half-finished garbage they shoveled out to make more money, because they knew it'd sell on name alone. We know they're capable of better... MUCH better... so we should expect and demand that of them. I only wish I could get my money back from buying DS3. It wasn't worth $60 and I don't think it'd even be worth $30.

My time and money are limited, and I'm not keen on having them wasted on laziness.

I respect your opinion but yeah that doesn't mean the game is unfinished or bad as I said you might be burned out from the genre DS3 is not perfect I agree it has it's flaw but it's still waaaaaay better than DS2 vanilla imo they learned from their past mistakes like the souls memory system of DS2 which was super bad and they added a way to respec and change your build specs (which is a very good thing they added in DS2 not in DS1 or Bloodborne) and the co op system is way more smooth than ever they took the idea of password between you and the one you play coop with just like Bloodborne coop system but more polished. The game is finished tbh give it more time and play it again when the DLC comes you are way harsh toward it tbh if youp lay something like lords of the fallen you will appreciate how good the souls series and how polished they are compare to something like lords of the fallen.

That is your mistakes guys don't demand or have super top high expectation when you play a video game....this is wrong because you will always get disappointed if you play a game while having super high expectation just play it to enjoy it video games purpose for entertainment and 60$ is still not much it's still better than WoD expansion which had even more price than that don't you think?
    Last edited by Velshin; 2016-07-28 at 08:47 AM.

I never had that problem on either of those bosses, then again for First Phase of the nameless King I didn't even lock onto him because I knew it would be an issue since he's flying all around.

Parrying doesn't work against laggy opponents, so unless you have the luxury of skirmishing with them a few times to get an idea of what latency between you is like, it's very difficult to figure out what is and isn't safe to attempt to parry. If the connection is good, it's easy to block-into-parry even against fast weapons. If the connection is not good, your parry will whiff and you'll eat another two hits. There's a reason people don't parry a lot (or, the reverse, they just spam parry incessantly, especially if they're using hornet ring for the one-hit win.) Also, the popular UGS can't be parried (they are popular because of that reason.)
    So you can change your region settings to fix the lag problem (mostly), if you don't like who you're fighting for their connection either leave their world or just jump off the edge.

Iirc you can parry the popular UGS, just not specific attacks, which you can just roll through anyways. Parrying isn't the be all end all of DS3 PvP, but it has it's place. Back when the estoc was meta parrying was a breeze, now the game has changed and you just have to predict your parries more, something you've had to do since DS2 vanilla.

I remember how bad stunlocking was in previous titles and it's one of those bad design choices that they should have actually done something about. This is the fifth game in the Soulsborne series and third in the official Dark Souls line. Why are monsters wearing armor stunned as easily as naked hollows? Where the fuck is the damn consistency? Why does the Lothric Knight stagger on the first hit (despite the spear I took off of it EXPLICITLY STATING that they're sturdy and have a bonus to poise to represent this) while the Darkwraith in lighter armor doesn't stagger until the third? As much as people love to beat off over Dark Souls lore and "storytelling", the game has a lot of very weird flaws if you actually look for them.
    You're ignoring the fact that Poise is completely broken in DS3 and if it was enabled you wouldn't be able to sutnlock that Knight like you can now. There are some definite issues with stunlocking in PvE, however in PvP you can punish it with a parry or just roll out of it.

Honestly I don't know what to tell you about this. I had a great time playing DS3 the first and second time through. I still have fun PvP'ing occasionally but for the most part I'm done with DS3. I've sunk well over 100 hours into the game and for $60 that's more than worth it to me. If you're not having fun with it now, that's on you, not the developer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had that problem on either of those bosses, then again for First Phase of the nameless King I didn't even lock onto him because I knew it would be an issue since he's flying all around.

So you can change your region settings to fix the lag problem (mostly), if you don't like who you're fighting for their connection either leave their world or just jump off the edge.

Iirc you can parry the popular UGS, just not specific attacks, which you can just roll through anyways. Parrying isn't the be all end all of DS3 PvP, but it has it's place. Back when the estoc was meta parrying was a breeze, now the game has changed and you just have to predict your parries more, something you've had to do since DS2 vanilla.

You're ignoring the fact that Poise is completely broken in DS3 and if it was enabled you wouldn't be able to sutnlock that Knight like you can now. There are some definite issues with stunlocking in PvE, however in PvP you can punish it with a parry or just roll out of it.

Honestly I don't know what to tell you about this. I had a great time playing DS3 the first and second time through. I still have fun PvP'ing occasionally but for the most part I'm done with DS3. I've sunk well over 100 hours into the game and for $60 that's more than worth it to me. If you're not having fun with it now, that's on you, not the developer.
    Region settings affect absolutely nothing except whether or not you'll be matched with Japanese players. That's it. Suggesting you have to BC out or suicide because of FromSoft's laziness and refusal to implement something as basic as region locking is absurd. Why is it the player's job to fix the developer's problems?

Parrying isn't done in PvP because it's incredibly unreliable. Saying "you can just parry" is ridiculous and, to me, shows that you didn't do much PvP at all.

It's ABSOLUTELY on the developer if they release a shitty game. It's not the player's fault the developer did a rush job to make a bunch of money by releasing a half-finished, half-assed product. Arguing with fanboys never makes sense, I guess.

Region settings affect absolutely nothing except whether or not you'll be matched with Japanese players. That's it. Suggesting you have to BC out or suicide because of FromSoft's laziness and refusal to implement something as basic as region locking is absurd. Why is it the player's job to fix the developer's problems?
    Hmm well that fixed it for me, maybe i'm just lucky.
    Parrying isn't done in PvP because it's incredibly unreliable. Saying "you can just parry" is ridiculous and, to me, shows that you didn't do much PvP at all.
    I've done quite a bit and parrying works for me quite a bit. Not always, but it does.
    It's ABSOLUTELY on the developer if they release a shitty game. It's not the player's fault the developer did a rush job to make a bunch of money by releasing a half-finished, half-assed product. Arguing with fanboys never makes sense, I guess.
    I disagree with you. It's not a shitty game but that's your opinion that DS3 was a "rush" job. I'm done trying arguing with you about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa whoa whoa....since when did people stop parrying in PvP? One reason I stopped was because everyone was just parry baiting so they could one-shot you.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm well that fixed it for me, maybe i'm just lucky.

I've done quite a bit and parrying works for me quite a bit. Not always, but it does.

I disagree with you. It's not a shitty game but that's your opinion that DS3 was a "rush" job. I'm done trying arguing with you about it.
    It's not my problem if you don't see what's in front of you because you're wearing some kind of goggles. There are tons of assets directly ported from Bloodborne without any sort of adjustments - buildings, bridges, etc. DS3 is very blatantly half-assed/rushed, and the reason it's so obvious is because none of their other stuff is rushed. Or, rather, you can compare post Anor Londo DS1 to DS3 and see a lot of parallels - and we know that DS1 had to be rushed out the door, which is why the game's quality drops so steeply after you finish Anor Londo.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa....since when did people stop parrying in PvP? One reason I stopped was because everyone was just parry baiting so they could one-shot you.
    Meh, I don't consider people spamming parry like playing a slot machine to be "parrying", but if that's what we're using... sure, people still parry a lot. But in terms of timed, precise parries? There are very few of those because latency makes them incredibly risky to perform unless you're against a very slow weapon (and most of those weapons can't be parried for obvious reasons.) Advanced players will virtually never parry against any sort of reasonably fast weapon because the risk:reward ratio isn't worth it, especially against players that are anywhere NEAR being described as competent, let alone advanced. All it takes is less than half of a second delay on your third R1 and their parry whiffs and they eat two more hits.

Honestly, I wouldn't even try parrying against an outright R1 spammer simply because there's too much chance latency will deny you the parry and you'll just get R1'd into the dirt.

Watching two advanced players duel is INCREDIBLY boring because DS3's PvP system is just trash.

Leave the trolling to the dota thread please pizzashark. Dark souls 3 isnt nearly half as bad as you're trying to make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Leave the trolling to the dota thread please pizzashark. Dark souls 3 isnt nearly half as bad as you're trying to make it out to be.
    He is just salty and burned out to be honest it's clear. DS3 is not that bad at all yeah it's not perfect it has it's flaws but hell not as bad as DS2 vanilla flaws. Pizzashark the game is good and not bad it's just you don't enjoy it anymore which is on you not the game you said the camera is bad which is not true because as I said you will only have issues if you lock on the first phase of the nameless king if you don't lock on you will have no problem and dancer never had issues at all with the camera. And yes people do still parry a lot specially in pvp and pve as well you want me to show you a video where someone parried Pontiff? here we go:

And another parries in pvp:

And these people are not the only ones who are parrying you will see a lot of players doing it. So please stop blaming the game with stuff being you own personal mistakes like camera or no parry stuff ok? I am done arguing with you. DS3 is not perfect but it's well done and much better than vanilla DS2 and I can't wait for the DLC super excited.

- - - Updated - - -

You are the one who seems didn't pvp a lot to be honest and we can do it in pve as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    He is just salty and burned out to be honest it's clear. DS3 is not that bad at all yeah it's not perfect it has it's flaws but hell not as bad as DS2 vanilla flaws. Pizzashark the game is good and not bad it's just you don't enjoy it anymore which is on you not the game you said the camera is bad which is not true because as I said you will only have issues if you lock on the first phase of the nameless king if you don't lock on you will have no problem and dancer never had issues at all with the camera. And yes people do still parry a lot specially in pvp and pve as well you want me to show you a video where someone parried Pontiff? here we go:

And another parries in pvp:

And these people are not the only ones who are parrying you will see a lot of players doing it. So please stop blaming the game with stuff being you own personal mistakes like camera or no parry stuff ok? I am done arguing with you. DS3 is not perfect but it's well done and much better than vanilla DS2 and I can't wait for the DLC super excited.

- - - Updated - - -

You are the one who seems didn't pvp a lot to be honest and we can do it in pve as well.
    Oh please, cherry-picked video montages don't mean a single fucking thing because they don't show the 30 times he failed to parry due to latency for every one time he succeeded at a parry.

Yes, I'm aware that you can parry in PvE and I do it all the time myself, we were not talking about PvE because PvE in DS3 is retardedly boring. I'm not burned out on Dark Souls, I'm just sick of shit game design in DS3. I'd be playing DS2 if there were still people playing it.