Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Same thing happens as every timewalk event. Bad players wipe groups.
    You really don't read before you comment, do you? One particular fight that is badly broken this week is not the same as happens every week. I've been tanking TW dungeons for months with no problem, and tanked every ICC dungeon 100s of times when it was current content. What's happening this week with Tyranas has nothing to do with anything that's happened before this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    • All bosses and some other mobs in the Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons have had their melee damage reduced by 30%.
    • The target average item level that players now scale to in Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons has been increased.

Pit of Saron
    • The ground visual for Icy Blast should once again match the actual radius of the effect.
    I didn't see a need for the overall buffs. My groups handled every TW fight just fine except for the last boss in PoS.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking
    • All bosses and some other mobs in the Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons have had their melee damage reduced by 30%.
    • The target average item level that players now scale to in Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons has been increased.

Pit of Saron
    • The ground visual for Icy Blast should once again match the actual radius of the effect.
    Where is this posted?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issues I had on Pit of Saron was with Healers instantly leaving when they joined, Garfrost not creating any boulders on our first attempt at him, and plague splash patches being invisible on Ick. The last boss was easy (aside from our dumbass melee standing in icy patches, whom we let die for being stupid), because our tank wasn't a dumbass and kited him every time he enraged.

Deleted
    I noticed spikey dmg, but i dunno... kinda enjoyed not facerolling everything :S. However, it seems against the blizzard "everything queable is ez roflstomp" thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Where is this posted?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...tfixes-july-27

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Some people disliked PoS. Maybe 1 in ~5 groups or so you'd get someone that would instantly drop as soon as they loaded in. HoR had instant leavers maybe 50% of the time, and Oculus almost all of the time.
    Yep. And Halls of Reflection was my favorite! I really wish they'd add it to the TW rotation. Even if I did have to wait through players leaving at loading screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    One thing that should be noted is that from a strictly survival pov, not everyone is going to have the same experience on Scourgelord. You may actually find premade groups to be harder than a good random group. You can have the best healer in the world, but a one shot is a one shot, and an extra 15% health is a huge buffer against death. Also warriors, ignore pain, GG. Not every tank will struggle with this. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that it's only paladins that get one shotted through active mitigation. 39% SOTR simply isn't strong enough with Luck of the Draw.
    Yeah I was on my pally. Even with a special TW gear set, I only had around 44k health. I was stacking versatility gems, not stam. If I'd planned ahead for the bugged version of the fight, I would have stacked stam. This was literally the only fight I had problems with.

I see some good work-arounds listed here in this thread from the players who've actually done it this week, but the ones pretending it's players not knowing the fight obviously haven't been there this week to see the bugs. I think with a few more attempts we might have got him. But after three wipes (not having wiped on any of the previous bosses), players started leaving or mysteriously disconnecting, then some of the new players left, and finally it just wasn't worth staying when it was so easy to re-queue and run any of the others.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    This topic seems to bring out all the tryhards, doesn't it?
    Nah, just merely your typical forum trolls/flamers, who think that bugs like missing boulders @ Garfrost is good, because MUH DIFFICULTEH. (hint: bugs are BAD in any cases). By the way, that Garfrost bug with no boulder was there since the addition of PoS to WoTLK timewalking pool, it was bugreported numerous times... and still no fix.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-28 at 08:02 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Odd that was yesterday and they just now like 20mins ago did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorem View Post
    The discussion is not if its possible or not. It definitely is... but its not tuned for LFG -tool instance, not even close.

You just have to read the comments -> "just perma kite it", "press every cd you have and burst him down before CDs run out", "have DDs taunt him", "pet tank and rezz...." that's no tactic a random group is even remotely capable off and to be honest it shouldn't be.

That should be high Mythic+
    Sad thing is.... I still remember when that kind of stuff was exactly what you'd expect any pug group to be able to do. But I'm still a BC dungeon fanboy soooo...

Pit of Saron hotfix is live. Tyrannus hits like a baby now, easily kited. Ok, that nerf was maybe too much, but at least it's not bugged -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Pit of Saron hotfix is live. Tyrannus hits like a baby now, easily kited. Ok, that nerf was maybe too much, but at least it's not bugged -_-
    US or EU? And whats your scaled ilvl right now?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Ok then dont kite him across the ice and keep getting pwnt. Thats what i have leap of faith for, stupid tanks. I use it often
    Spare yourself those witty remarks.
    It was a simple question. All the guides I have checked mentioned kiting him normally and avoiding snow patches so that melee dps can still do their job. Also buff description and journal clearly stated that boss should be slowed by the buff. His speed was increased.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I love that Blizzard implemented the Timewalking feature. Welcome to when wow WAS NOT complete faceroll
    Lol, ok, because everyone loved to talk about how WOTLK was catering to the CAAAASUALS. And now people are saying it's an example of when WoW was hard... there's hard stuff in WoW, and I guess some people feel emasculated, wiping in a 5 man on years old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

It's 175 now up from 160.

In Pit of Saron (EU), my item level was scaled down to 219 instead of....176, 187, whatever it was. In the rest of the timewalking dungeons, it's the proper 176-186.

In Pit of Saron (EU), my item level was scaled down to 219 instead of....176, 187, whatever it was. In the rest of the timewalking dungeons, it's the proper 176-186.
    So normal Wotlk dungeons were buffed with 15ilvls and Pit of Saron with 19ilvls. Also a flat 30% monster dmg nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Ahn'kahet....

The tank and one dps were claiming the instance is bugged when they died 5+ times to Shadow Blast on the first trash packs. 0 interrupts on a what...6 second cast?

Then we wiped on the first boss, the tank claimed the boss is bugged. They didn't understand you need to kill the guardian before you can kill the small adds that rape the healer.......

So terrible bugs!
    There are bugs; I would dot a mob, switch targets and the first mob lost all dots as if it had an uber cleanse all dots ability. The only mobs that consistently held dots were bosses, everything else was a crap shoot whether the dots would stay on the target for more than a few seconds or not.

There are real issues out there outside of people just not knowing what they are doing both mechanics wise and with their class. People make mistakes or need to learn; but that is a real chore when you have actual game issues muddying up everything as well.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Yep. And Halls of Reflection was my favorite! I really wish they'd add it to the TW rotation. Even if I did have to wait through players leaving at loading screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I was on my pally. Even with a special TW gear set, I only had around 44k health. I was stacking versatility gems, not stam. If I'd planned ahead for the bugged version of the fight, I would have stacked stam. This was literally the only fight I had problems with.

I see some good work-arounds listed here in this thread from the players who've actually done it this week, but the ones pretending it's players not knowing the fight obviously haven't been there this week to see the bugs. I think with a few more attempts we might have got him. But after three wipes (not having wiped on any of the previous bosses), players started leaving or mysteriously disconnecting, then some of the new players left, and finally it just wasn't worth staying when it was so easy to re-queue and run any of the others.
    Eh, it wasn't a problem in my heroic highmaul/blackrock foundry gear scaled down. I just played it like I played tyrannus heroic back in WotLK. Run away and kite the boss over where the ice hit the ground when he enraged, dps stop hitting the boss when they have the debuff, player with the ice debuff runs away. One time he ran at me so I used guardian and it was no problem.

With the ilvl scaled up to 219 and the damage nerfed 30% most tanks can likely cooldown through the empower phase rather than kiting (which was the experience of those first entering the dungeon at ilvl 230 or higher anyway).

Well they overkilled that a little bit, but I guess that's to be expected of nerfs during prepatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."