Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sweden now has BLM

Someone should tell these people that BLM is a movement for problems in USA, non-existant problems in Sweden. Something is seriously wrong with these people, importing concepts that has no relevance in their own country.

Deleted
    lol ^^

people love to play the racism card and put guilt on white people. it's super effective.

nah but seriously. Doing that in sweden is beyond stupid. It's an american thing.

but hey, you will always find some idiots who protest against something right.

Op is why I need feminism.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Did you expect to beat us in any genre of protests? They will protest persecution of native americans if that even becomes slightly relevant in US media again.

Deleted
    Oh man... You don't want to see the signs that people have at sports, concerts and other such events, you'd have a field day with the amount of stupidity that homemade signs apparently are required to have. Still a dumb sign, but not really something new.

Doesn't Sweden only have .00000000000000001 black people in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    lol ^^

people love to play the racism card and put guilt on white people. it's super effective.

nah but seriously. Doing that in sweden is beyond stupid. It's an american thing.

but hey, you will always find some idiots who protest against something right.
    Who is putting guilt on white people? I am white and I feel no guilt whatsoever out of any Black Lives Matter protests, no matter what country. These happen to be in my country. I see nothing wrong with these protests. It's hard to disagree with their notion that black lives matter. Of course they do. White lives matters too. It's like "yeah, that is true *moving along*". I am more curious about the people who do feel guilt. Why do they feel guilt? Why does this simple statement that black lives matters too struck a nerve in someone? That makes me curious about the inner thoughts of that person. It makes me think that maybe he has some deeply rooted views on the matter that this person is not quite ready to admit to him or her self. Why wouldn't they just agree with such a self-apparent statement as black lives matter? It puzzles me.

i'm sure the 3 black people that live in Sweden appreciate the support

Deleted
    pretty sure my brothers colombian friend doesn't care about blm in sweden

Protests are good for meeting girls.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Who is putting guilt on white people? I am white and I feel no guilt whatsoever out of any Black Lives Matter protests, no matter what country. These happen to be in my country. I see nothing wrong with these protests. It's hard to disagree with their notion that black lives matter. Of course they do. White lives matters too. It's like "yeah, that is true *moving along*". I am more curious about the people who do feel guilt. Why do they feel guilt? Why does this simple statement that black lives matters too struck a nerve in someone? That makes me curious about the inner thoughts of that person. It makes me think that maybe he has some deeply rooted views on the matter that this person is not quite ready to admit to him or her self. Why wouldn't they just agree with such a self-apparent statement as black lives matter? It puzzles me.
    Ah maybe for some, but for me it's not that I don't support it. I think every life today should have the same value, and they should all feel that way. There's definitely socioeconomic issues with blacks in America. It's more concentrated in certain areas, but it does exist. Many cops, ex-cops have been honest about it. I think it'll take a transformation of the culture and the policing. So, I'm not too sure who they're trying to convince. Policing needs some changes without a doubt, and if they achieve that then great, but to me it almost seems like they're targeting the wrong people a lot. They should use that energy to help the communities that truggle, because I'm not sure in this case protesting will do much. Everyone is in the struggle, I don't think all the other groups will drop their lives for these protests.

lol so stupid.

Deleted
    That's disgusting. That movement is entirely and specifically due to the very harsh, almost life-threatening circumstances and history within the US.

If US BLM themselves were able to understand the rest of the world is very different, they would probably disown this Swedish movement as an utter insult to their struggles.

Sometimes exporting and exaggeration of certain issues, especially via Internet's social media, can really be dangerous. It is one thing to export a fundamental right or injustice, e.g. "No means no!", where context does not matter or is a minor issue. Quite another when the context is almost everything!

The perils of today and tomorrow's "universal culture": it is context-less and spreads blindly ...
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-07-28 at 08:12 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The only thing I agree with in this is 'Black Lives Matter More Than White Feelings'.

You're right... partially. ANY life matters more than someone's feelings.

Lol if they tried this shit in Germany there would probably be a race riot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Also already in the UK and The Netherlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind. Women that are activists tend to be hotter and are easier to pick up.

Source: Every anti-capitalist girl I've seen on Tinder on any dating website.

Deleted
    Yup its here in the UK... Ended with somebody getting stabbed. Doesn't even make sense out of the US unless there is a similar issue. Defo doesn't make sense here in the UK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Also already in the UK and The Netherlands.
    yep it makes no sense, keep that cancer in the US, they seem to not mind it over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    Did you expect to beat us in any genre of protests? They will protest persecution of native americans if that even becomes slightly relevant in US media again.
    Sorry but native Americans aren't a significant enough voting demographic, regardless of the fact that they actually have suffered and still do suffer far more horrific systematic oppression than any other minority in this country. Perhaps all of these social justice movements are more interested in political power and the personal careerism of certain people over shining a light on those suffering the worst oppression.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn