Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Sovereign citizens trying their bullshit on judge's.

This judge owns this guy lol.
    I really tried to follow this guy's logic but then at the end when he accuses the judge of trying to confuse him it's evident that this guy just has a few points he thinks he can follow that will trip up the legal system and he doesn't have the logic to maintain them should they face legitimate challenge.

Deleted
    This is just hilarious. When i first get infracted i'll make a thread saying that i do not consent. This is just gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Typically, at the end of these videos you see the person on the wrong end of a tazer or in cuffs
    People having their rights and property being taken and people being lawful have had that happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Driver's license tests are there to create a safer environment for everyone else. A sovereign citizen is a danger on the road, even if traveling on foot, and society generally wants to protect it's citizens (common interests).

There would be less roads, and more roads would be privatized, if sovereign citizenry was a thing.
    There have always been roads and rights of way.
    Unless your point is that people are safer due to arbitrary restriction of cars due to less of them on the road then you're argument is flawed.
    You would need to prove that the licensing procedure is fit for it's purpose and is balanced with the publics right to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I love these sovereign citizen people, they are just clown babies with their reasoning.

I read 2 really good ... judgements from 2 different Canadian judges. One had a sovereign cit come into his court, and overnight between the trial and the verdict the judge sat down and debunked all the sovereign citizens arguments. The second judge had a sov cit come into his court room shortly after the first judge. Was going to do the same thing as the first judge, but actually found his post judgement report and instead just kind of made fun of the whole thing.

Here is the lengthy debunking of sovereign citizen BS. It's actually a great read, but very very long for the majority of the poeple in here.
    http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc...12abqb571.html

This is the short funny version that come after the Meads v Meads case.
    http://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/doc...13oncj160.html
    We've heard about these Canadian Judges around here before.
    So have other people so I can just quote some of them.
    And finally… I had to laugh when Mr. Rooke talks about how “terrible” it is when these guru’s take advantage of the ignorance of people who are suffering and may not know any better! This was a tough pill to swallow when a large percentage of convictions in non-freemen related, criminal trials are secured because rights of the accused where voluntarily or deceptively “waived” and or “not advanced” by the the accused. In the Canadian legal system people don’t have rights unless they are smart enough to advance/preserve them, or rich enough to pay for someone competent and motivated ( $$$ ) enough to advance/preserve them conscientiously. Since when has the Court been uncomfortable allowing the ignorant and weak to walk the plank of jeopardy because of their own ignorance. It is common course for Judges / Justices / JP’s to sit back and watch daily as the “weak and ignorant” convict and incriminate themselves with their own admissions and ignorance of their rights. This happens thousands of times per day in every court in Canada and most certainly in front of Mr. Rooke during his days on the bench… It seems when it works in the legal professions ( $$$ ) favor, Mr. Rooke has no objection to “let he who can be deceived, BE deceived” – or is he simply taking issue with those who are not from a law society “deceiving” the weak and meager ! People in lower socio-economic classes already distrust the legal system and expect to get screwed. What is wrong with making a bit of noise, protest, revoke consent, rattle a few cages and learn some legal procedures along a one-way road to your nearly certain fine ( that they won’t pay anyways ) or imprisonment ? At least when they are doing time don’t feel like they did not resist. Resistance to a corrupt system is sustenance to the soul which has been documented and acknowledged in many struggles throughout history. The freeman movement is simply a non-violent resistance / civil disobedience to a system that many in the public have lost faith in!
    Everything he accuses a freeman of being is a description of himself and the system

It's gullible people being tricked into thinking they don't have to listen to the laws of the land. I saw a movement like that up here as a way to not pay taxes. The guy teaching a course was arrested last year I think.

Wow, there are a scary amount of people that buy this Sovereign citizen stuff here.

So "Sovereign Citizens" is just the new edgy way to say Anarchist?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    OR idiot. Whichever you prefer

It's not that simple.

They believe everywhere they live is a boat, and their name on paperwork and to the government is a company. And they try to make it seem that their "freeman" self, flesh and blood whatever is separate from their name which is a company. And therefor the laws of the land don't apply to them because they are in fact being applied to this fictitious company and their flesh and bone body is under some other laws.

If none of that makes sense, don't worry, it's all rubbish anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

"Born free" yeah ok. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    These people are awesome for entertainment value, and I applaud the judges and officers who have kept their cool in the face of such utter nonsense.

Not really, the movement tries to use defunct "laws" like the articles of confederation to give them all the rights of a citizen without any of the limitations. It's not quite the same as the anarchists I've familiar with.

Deleted
    I am not a fan of using this phase but...... "This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen or heard. I have lost brain cells trying to comprehend what is going through their mind."

Its great how these people only act like this, when a camera is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    These people are awesome for entertainment value, and I applaud the judges and officers who have kept their cool in the face of such utter nonsense.
    Me too...I couldn't. I would have lost my temper very quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That officer has the patience of a saint.

Those are the scary kind of people, armed to the teeth usually, glad I don't have to deal with them.
    Im not sure how he did that. Keeping his cool, like that, was bound to be tough!

10+ Year Old Account
    So these people can be killed off and harvested without repercussions then? According to their own bullshit, since we can't enforce laws on their outer being, then laws can't be enforced on those that do something to their outer being. As long as their "name" isn't touched, it's all legit.

One of the few times I will agree with Darth.

The cops that have to deal with these idiots have Tremendous amounts of patience. I would want to taze them out of shear principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    So these people can be killed off and harvested without repercussions then? According to their own bullshit, since we can't enforce laws on their outer being, then laws can't be enforced on those that do something to their outer being. As long as their "name" isn't touched, it's all legit.
    You got it all wrong. They are protected by all the laws they want, just not limited by the laws they don't want to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly these people are also one of the greatest threats to police officers, since they don't tend to behave rationally.

Allow me to enrich my mind off your educations institutions, fatten my belly with your trade and farms, and use your streets, water utility, etc for my gain. But I will never recognize your authority and pay taxes.

That ideology is awful. It's just an excuse to be a prick. I'm preaching to the choir though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the principal but like you stated they need to understand that if they want to use any of the publicly funded services then they have to be willing to pay taxes etc.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    There have always been roads and rights of way.
    Sovereign citizenry never has worked out, so that could explain why.

Unless your point is that people are safer due to arbitrary restriction of cars due to less of them on the road then you're argument is flawed.
    You would need to prove that the licensing procedure is fit for it's purpose and is balanced with the publics right to travel.
    Knowing what signs and symbols mean, the rules of traffic and how to operate a car is not an "arbitrary" restriction. Countries with poor traffic rules have more traffic accidents, so it's already been "proven" (if it wasn't reasonable enough already to assume that better educated drivers equals less accidents).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

"This is rape"!!!!!

Lloloolol holy shit what a dumb hoe

Never have I seen so many people who have clearly spent a good deal of time researching this topic just to sound like an idiot in front of a judge or cop.

But it's not just with these guys, it only represents a small part of a much larger problem. There are certain 'communities' of people seem to have grown up with the idea they should bicker and fight against the police when confronted by them... because it will obviously accomplish something. Which is usually the universal similarity going on between all these unjustified 'police brutality' news stories.