Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    First wow needs no saving in my eyes. I like what it brings (except the scarce content in wod, but raids were great).

Second get rid of raids and you can really say wow ist dead. At least for me. And I thing for many others too.
    More than half of the max level population plays lfr (which is a raid even so many claim it not to be). And when you say get rid of raids but keep lfr. That is bullshit.

Now here's a new and original thread. Just as original as this reply.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-07-28 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Now here's a new an original thread. Just as original as this reply.
    And just as original as this reply from me.
    For fear of getting infracted for trolling, I just want to say that the "job" idea seems horrendous to me. I mean, something evokes in me ineffable terror about this word.

But it´s good that different people come up with different ideas on how to "save" the game, I guess...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The majority of your "fixes" are plain horrible ideas. Other than increased enemy AI (without increased loot, just as a standard), I don't agree with the majority of your fixes at all.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    1. OP states wow is dying
    2. OP gives list of what would save the game from dying.
    3. Nobody agrees.

I have seen more threads following these three points than I can count. And people are wondering why wow is a mess. <sigh> Maybe I'll do my own WoW 2 pitch if I get bored.

What are "meaningful" rewards.
    That has been shown overwhelmingly to be desired as player power.

We have had the "training" system in way of Proving Grounds - what players need is real experience, and that can only be provided by other players.
    They are the ones who prevent it with the rush, and the "efficiency".

There is no role development in WoW, because the MMO format is at odds with it.
    Getting random tasks "befitting" of your role is not personal character development.
    You don't get the opportunity to make really personal and different decisions which affect your interactions with any significant number of NPC's or players in the world.
    Because of the need to continue interacting with them.
    MMORPG is a contradictory term, because the real RPG decisions will segregate you.

Player created content would have to be rewarding as shown by the demand for everything to have a reward attached to it.
    No reward, next to no participation.
    And then you get the issue of how to make it rewarding.
    Players should absolutely not have control over that.

Professions do not need more catchups, which is contradictory to the rest of your statement anyway.
    What they needs is better levelling, in that they can be realistically done alongside your character levelling so you can do crafting for yourself and other players of a similar level, and always have a demand for it.

The paragon model you describe is simply the worst part of attunements, forcing players through content which due to progress is less relevant to them.
    That puts pressure on the better progressed players to go back and catch others up.
    That has always sucked, and is why it has changed.
    The content is at its best when it is relevant to the character, and that doesn't happen when adding in extra rungs to the same ladder.
    The lower content simply becomes a necessary step, one which loses any other value.

Seems you want to just artificially extend the life of content, rather than players actually progressing through it because they beat it.
    Again, you seem to have some obsession with the way things were done in vanilla, and think that artificial gating is good.
    No, content should be hard because is it mechanically hard to beat.
    Not because it requires time and grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    3. Nobody agrees.
    If they were better points they would get more support.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-28 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    3. Nobody agrees.

I have seen more threads following these three points than I can count. And people are wondering why wow is a mess. <sigh> Maybe I'll do my own WoW 2 pitch if I get bored.
    Because it is boring with every single "save wow" thread the players think they are game developers. Like I said they should apply to Blizzard with these ideas and if they do get accepted see how long they last before either being sacked or moving on to another project.

10+ Year Old Account
    This all sounds awful. Was laughable from the first fucking topic, why would you want less quests in an MMORPG? Fucking cancerous players to this genre I swear.

lol, another mmo-champion thread where the OP thinks their view of the game is the same as everyone. AND OF COURSE they have ALL the answer.
    /yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Joycrow View Post
    -A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones
    Easy to say, what would you do to make them "meaningful" and "rewarding" ?

-Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience.
    The system exists, it's called dummies. Why should practicing your abilities and rotations on the dummies reward experience when you can practice them in dungeons and raids ?

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.
    World objectives reward experience, a lot. Crafting I don't really see the point but why not. How do you want Role play to reward experience ? It would be too complicated/long/exploitable.

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments a day.
    So transform pve quests with pvp quests ? So no content for PvE realms ?
    Even in PvP realms, many players would have the same job as you can't give a specific job to every player, so it would be very dependant on faction balance.

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.
    They already can do all that, thet gain experience by killing the wolves and elfs.

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.
    Legion crafting is getting a revamp, let's see how that plays out.

-Players can make playe made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.
    They already do that, by this thing called "internet".

-Community centered features such as leaderboards and bounty hunting players of the enemy faction.
    They are already leaderboards for PvE and PvP, bounty hunting players would only work in PvP and what will you do if the guy with the bounty just doesn't log or is raiding ?

-Staying in towns and cities for 10 minutes can get you res xp + rest bonus of 3%+ stats. There will be mini games in cities that can increase the rest bonus up to 5%.
    3% stats for waiting in a city seems a bad idead. Can already see exploits or guilds needing the 3% buff to kill a boss.

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have.
    Seems like a dungeon/raid boss. Why should they only reward experience ? What will happen when people will get to max lvl ? No one will attack them.

-Less stat gaps between items and level. Stats only increases to about 1% every level. Combat is more about use of ability than stats and items. The higher your level the more strategies you have access to. The stat squish reduces the distance a each players have in order to play with each other, also it makes older content less worthless and the possibilities of remaining relevant. Content could also be more spread out around the world since each zones are not so far apart.
    Well that's true, high end PvP and PvE is more about mechanics and ability than gear. Higher level means more skills and talents so more strategies.

-There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.
    So what would these "paragon" levels bring exactly ? A part from being increasingly longer ? Which can be done with regular levels.

To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.
    We already have 4 raid difficulties, I don't think we need 20.

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.
    Yes, I like that.

-Expansions will be less about making 80% of previous content unintentionally irrelevant which leads can lead to drought, but more about the development of new features and entirely new adventures which will only elongate the games life.
    [/QUOTE]

Well, new expansions already develop new features and new adventures that elongate the game's life, so...

Less quests? Or do you mean the same or more quests but better ones? Like less fetch or kill XYZ amounts of XYZ? But more chains that end in something great?

We have a trainingdummy and why would you want to award experience? What you could do is a tutorial (that is optional) with quests which reward experience and starter gear.

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.
    Why do you want quicker leveling? This defeats the whole leveling experience. And how could you ROLEPLAY your way for experience?

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments a day.
    There are quests that let you do this. So perhaps those could be done as a daily quest?

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.
    Not sure but this sounds sucky. The only thing that I could want with this is for example: I would like a higher damage count vs undead. Just because I really hate undead. And from a D&D experience - this sounds awesome. In comes the new raidtier which is NOT about undead but about demons... Holy shit I am no longer alowed by my guild to attent the raidteam because I am subpar vs other players who selected the demon attack bonus instead of the undead one. And if you could reselect these options.. why even bother? Everyone will get it when it is appropriate. Might aswell not have it.

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.
    Agreed - in fact they can remove the levels altogether and have professionquests that allow you to "be a better crafter"

-Players can make playe made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.
    What? Why? What is the fun in that? But hey... options are options.. so I guess I am for more options.

-Community centered features such as leaderboards and bounty hunting players of the enemy faction.
    I guess.

-Staying in towns and cities for 10 minutes can get you res xp + rest bonus of 3%+ stats. There will be mini games in cities that can increase the rest bonus up to 5%.
    Why would you want to reward people for being in cities?

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have.
    I am all for a more intelligent AI

-Less stat gaps between items and level. Stats only increases to about 1% every level. Combat is more about use of ability than stats and items. The higher your level the more strategies you have access to. The stat squish reduces the distance a each players have in order to play with each other, also it makes older content less worthless and the possibilities of remaining relevant. Content could also be more spread out around the world since each zones are not so far apart.
    I am for a decrease in itemlevelstrenght between tiers and difficulties.

-There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.
    Could be fun. Though perhaps not that great for new players who are late to the game. Guilds wouldn't be as accepting.

To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.
    mmmmm I think this is just overcomplicating things. Sure upgrade the older raids suitable to deal with at a higher level. But why? Old content is old content. What gear would drop? And why would you want to get old gear at a higher level? Dungeons..? Sure. Raids..? Not so much.

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.
    Cooldown? What a drag. It is like running with Link in Zelda Skyward Sword having a stamina bar that quickly depletes to not run all the time... Either have flying or not or flying later into the expansion. As it is now.

-Expansions will be less about making 80% of previous content unintentionally irrelevant which leads can lead to drought, but more about the development of new features and entirely new adventures which will only elongate the games life.
    It becomes irrelevant because the gear that is presented there + the mobs - don't scale with your level. Legion atleast (for the mobs afaik) will scale. They could make this change perhaps throughout the whole game retroactively. But still... content that you did... will not really be enticing to do.

You already triggered me at the first line. If anything this game needs more quests. MAOR AND MEANINGFUL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because it is boring with every single "save wow" thread the players think they are game developers. Like I said they should apply to Blizzard with these ideas and if they do get accepted see how long they last before either being sacked or moving on to another project.
    I didn't say there are no good reasons for point 3. In fact most of these wow improving ideas are absolutely terrible and the few good ones overall would only benefit hardcore raiders while alienating everyone else, or vica versa. Problem is, in their eyes wow is bad if it is bad for them, not the whole community.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    It's been dying since wotlk, statistically.
    I'd argue that it has been "normalizing" since WotLK and the 12m players (hell even more than 8m) is the exception rather than the rule, and is entirely unsustainable.

Reading some people's ideas for the game makes me glad that none of you are game devs.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Best idea:

-When looking for ideas to save WoW never go to a fan forum in any fashion. Why? It is never about the game there. It is about "me me me" and then the fan turns it into "us and we".

Quote Originally Posted by Morkrul View Post
    Reading some people's ideas for the game makes me glad that none of you are game devs.
    I'd be sacked within the first 24 hours of Blizzard with my ideas. Or moved to Blizzard North... OH WAIT.

These aren't "a few WoW fixes." This's a different game.

7+ Year Old Account

... Wait what?? Role Playing?? What?? O.o You came to the wrong neighborhood kid xD

Also having 20 raids is gonna destroy how we do raiding. Its just gonna end up with a lot of raids going unused, yet supported with server space. Huge waste of money for blizz, which is why no other game does this.

You are really asking for a completly different game here. This is not small fixes, it is a major rework of the entire game. Putting in RP is just dump, since you can't control it. That is what is mostly great about it, since Blizz has no hand in it.

I agree with some of your overall concepts, like making expansions not destroy previous content and by having stronger monsters throughout the game, but some of your things are simply way too far from the game currents route
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

lol

Oh wow i could only see those changes as something to ruin wow completely. Blizzard just need to stop catering only to the casual player, with the exception of mythic content. The game used to be relatively challenging from every aspect. If you weren't good enough then you did not see the final content.. That's how it should be. When that was the case; and you weren't good enough to see the final content then at least you had something to aim towards. Now all we have are 2 tiers.. Raid Finder and Guild Progression Mythic content. There's not even a server community any more. Welcome to the "World" of Warcraft, where everybody is a nobody and that little number on an item means everything.. Hoorah.. O.o