Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Someone is going to find the image of George RR Martin where he looks dead inside because he allowed the show creators to destroy his life's work.

You should have learned from Tolkien, George.
    His bank account would disagree with you.

Deleted
    Someone is going to find the image of George RR Martin where he looks dead inside because he allowed the show creators to destroy his life's work.

You should have learned from Tolkien, George.
    They'll have a job on, considering that he hasn't finished his lifes work yet.

As for Tolkien, we have no idea what he would have thought. But considering that he wrote letters specifically wanting other people to continue stories in Middle Earth, and that he wasn't averse to going back and changing his own work, i'd say that he wouldn't have minded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    As for Tolkien, we have no idea what he would have thought.
    Imagine if Aragorn burned his own daughter alive.

It's a bit out of character don't you think?

I sincerely hope, and I speaking to George RR Martin here, that he allows someone to faithfully adapt his books one day.

Because what the show has become is an abomination of its former self.

What George allowed to happen when you consider he was inspired by Tolkien, is disgraceful. I look forward to reading his next book which I hope will be uncontaminated by political correctness, or is he busy at work rewriting and retconning his own story to save face?

That's betrayal.

But hey, at least we still have Lord of the Rings.

What George allowed to happen when you consider he was inspired by Tolkien, is disgraceful. I look forward to reading his next book which I hope will be uncontaminated by political correctness, or is he busy at work rewriting and retconning his own story to save face?

That's betrayal.

But hey, at least we still have Lord of the Rings.
    Right, because there's zero "political correctness" as you put it, in lord of the rings. After all, the dreadful Witch King of Angmar was slain by a manly macho man with a big fucking swo- Ohh wait, nope, he was killed by a girl. Eowyn.

And the only other being whose power comes close to Sauron himself is another manly muscular man with a 40-inch long co-..... ohh wait nope, its Galadriel.

Dude, just because an author wants to give a woman a more assertive role in a story, doesn't mean he's "contaminating " his book with "political correctness". A novel set in a medieval setting doesn't obligatorily requires everyone with a vagina has to stay in the kitchen, or spread the legs when any men within distance wants some sex. Stop acting like a sexist prick.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-07-28 at 07:58 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Right, because there's zero "political correctness" as you put it, in lord of the rings. After all, the dreadful Witch King of Angmar was slain by a manly macho man with a big fucking swo- Ohh wait, nope, he was killed by a girl. Eowyn.

And the only other being whose power comes close to Sauron himself is another manly muscular man..... ohh wait nope, its Galadriel.

Dude, just because an author wants to give a woman a more assertive role in a story, doesn't mean he's caving in to "political correctness". Stop acting like a sexist prick.
    While I disagree with Garian, I think you missed the point of his post. It was about the difference between the show and the books. Correct me if I am wrong but the examples you used from LotR were all in the books. That actually makes him less sexist, since we can use those examples to show that it is purely his dislike of them not being faithful to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    While I disagree with Garian, I think you missed the point of his post. It was about the difference between the show and the books. Correct me if I am wrong but the examples you used from LotR were all in the books. That actually makes him less sexist, since we can use those examples to show that it is purely his dislike of them not being faithful to the source material.
    Hey, complaining about changes to the source material in an ADAPTATION is one thing.

Saying that the show creators "contaminated" Martin's work by adding copious amounts of "political correctness" and that Tolkien never did such a thing, is quite another.

Deleted

And the only other being whose power comes close to Sauron himself is another manly muscular man..... ohh wait nope, its Galadriel.

Dude, just because an author wants to give a woman a more assertive role in a story, doesn't mean he's "contaminating " his book with "political correctness". A novel set in a medieval setting doesn't obligatorily means everyone with a vagina has to stay in the kitchen, or spread the legs when any men within distance wants some sex. Stop acting like a sexist prick.
    Strong females actually exist though. That's not necessarily politically correct. You just need to be realistic about it.

Meanwhile, dragons and whole armies just come to Dany.

And they call white males privileged.

The show (Game of Thrones) isn't true to the books. That's a fact. It's not even an alternative timeline because Aragorn would never sacrifice his daughter. It's fan fiction now full of Mary Sue characters for power hungry women.

George could have ensured that the show remained true to the books while indulging these politically correct fantasies. Instead he allowed his life's work to be destroyed.

I know why he did it. I just hope that one day someone can faithfully adapt his books free of modern day politics.

Meanwhile, dragons and whole armies just come to Dany.
    The dragons, AND the armies came to her in the books too.

The show (Game of Thrones) isn't true to the books. That's a fact. It's not even an alternative timeline because Aragorn would never sacrifice his daughter. It's fan fiction now full of Mary Sue characters for power hungry women.
    Right. That's why sansa was proclaimed Queen in the North. Ohhh wait, nope, she wasn't. Even though she is the one who brought the reinforcements that actually allowed victory to happen in the battle of Winterfell.

George could have ensured that the show remained true to the books while indulging these politically correct fantasies.
    "Politically correct fantasies" just because women are not delegated to staying in a kitchen making you a sandwich? Have you even SEEN the ratio of male-female characters in positions of authority? Because women are still very much a minority in that regard on the show.

Instead he allowed his life's work to be destroyed.
    Right, destroyed because the ones in charge don't have cocks between their legs. Dude just shut up, you're embarrassing yourself.

I know why he did it. I just hope that one day someone can faithfully adapt his books free of modern day politics.
    I can assure you that's never going to happen. Just like it will never happen that someone else will make a trilogy of movies for Lord of the Rings.

All they'd do is be compared unfavorably to Peter Jackson's movies and the show respectively.

Also, "modern day politics" my ass. The show DOES have medieval politics in place. At the start of the show, almost every leader was a man. In case you haven't noticed, they have one by one been dropping like flies. And almost none of them have had relevant heirs. It was only natural that they were replaced with women. If those women die, children will replace them. (Cases in point: House Mormont and House Arryn

And in the cases were they HAVE male heirs (AKA: House Stark) then they get placed above women in the food chain. Even if they're illegitimate children. Even if they also fucked up the preceding battle and almost got everyone killed. Because they're male.

If that's "modern day politics" to you, I suggest you do a better research on the term beforehand.

And before you even think of bringing up Cersei and her coronation as queen, she's the closest living relative to the deceased king in a position to receive the crown, because Jaime is a member of the Kingsguard and thus unable to inherit any titles or positions, and Tyrion was disowned and exiled.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-07-28 at 08:19 PM.

Right. That's why sansa was proclaimed Queen in the North. Ohhh wait, nope, she wasn't. Even though she is the one who brought the reinforcements that actually allowed victory to happen in the battle of Winterfell.
    Sansa let her people die in order to come to the rescue with her secret army. Do you think that many northerners would have perished if they had the Vale army at the start of the battle? I sure as hell would not have voted for her as queen.

Deleted
    The dragons, AND the armies came to her in the books too.
    Stannis is still alive. She has to deal with the prince as well. You know, something cut from the House of the Undying and the show thus far.

Dany is Mary Sue on steriods in the show now.

House Umber sided with Stannis along with House Glover. Stannis retook Deepwood Mott. Where the hell was all of that?

Sansa is still in the fucking Vale for crying out loud.

Yet she just happened to use her girl powers to summon an army.

Right.

Mary Sue.

"Politically correct fantasies" just because women are not delegated to staying in a kitchen making you a sandwich?
    Would you stop that already. Strong female characters exist. But you *cannot* believe that lies are the truth.

Nothing just comes to someone. Unless you are a genetically engineered super race of gynocentric entities.

I know why he did it.
    He pandered to a certain audience who believe these lies.

Do you know what else this particular audience believes in, George? Consequences. If people of conscience dominate all life, there will be consequences for them. Consequences that will deter them.

But fucking pander to them instead. You can have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit don't fly in the ghostbusters thread and it won't fly here either.

Sansa is still in the fucking Vale for crying out loud.

Yet she just happened to use her girl powers to summon an army.

Right.

Mary Sue.
    And yet, she wasn't elected queen. Jon was. So where's this "political correctness" you speak of?

Nothing just comes to someone. Unless you are a genetically engineered super race of gynocentric entities.
    Nothing has just "come" to someone in the show. Male or Female. Everyone who is in a position of power has had to do a lot of shit to get that power. Even the sand snakes (as much as I loathe them and any scene they're involved in). They didn't just clapped her hands and Dorne was handed to them on a platter. They killed the current rulers by their own hands and took the country by force. They didn't even hire someone to do it for them, or ordered someone to do it for them.

Dany wasn't just given command of the dothraki. She killed every single one of the Khals, and by Dothraki law, she inherited their khalasars. She bought the Unsullied, but because she was the first master that didn't treat them like inhuman shit, they felt compelled to stay with her.

Arya wasn't just given a set of skills just like that. She had to work for it, she had to suffer for it. She had to bleed and nearly die for it.

Strong female characters exist. But you *cannot* believe that lies are the truth.
    What lies? because not a single woman in a position of authority in the show has been given their authority just because "ohh look, she has boobs, we must obey". Yara was turned down as Queen of the Ironborn. Sansa was turned down as Queen in the North. And while Cersei and The Sand Snakes clawed their way to power, they did it the exact same way that men have done it for years: by killing a shitload of people. Even dany got in on the killing when she personally slayed every single Khal at the same time.

So what "lies" are you speaking of exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, complaining about changes to the source material in an ADAPTATION is one thing.

Saying that the show creators "contaminated" Martin's work by adding copious amounts of "political correctness" and that Tolkien never did such a thing, is quite another.
    It's even more silly when you consider that A Song of Ice and Fire has a quite strong feminist and pacifist undertone.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    And yet, she wasn't elected queen. Jon was. So where's this "political correctness" you speak of?
    All she has to do is exist, and everything comes to her.

Mary Sue.

Nothing has just "come" to someone in the show.
    You made me laugh. Thanks.

Dany was immune to fire. Dragons took a liking to her.

I wish, as a heterosexual white male, I was born with those blessings.

But I'm privileged, right?

Male or Female. Everyone who is in a position of power has had to do a lot of shit to get that power. Even the sand snakes (as much as I loathe them and any scene they're involved in). They didn't just clapped her hands and Dorne was handed to them on a platter. They killed the current rulers by their own hands and took the country by force. They didn't even hire someone to do it for them, or ordered someone to do it for them.
    A handful of physically inferior women overthrew Dorne and magically earned the loyalty of all the remaining men.

We call them cucks or soldier ants.

You can have them.

Dany wasn't just given command of the dothraki. She killed every single one of the Khals, and by Dothraki law, she inherited their khalasars. She bought the Unsullied, but because she was the first master that didn't treat them like inhuman shit, they felt compelled to stay with her.
    She was immune to fire. Born a Mary Sue, right? The dragon automatically sided with her on command. Born a Mary Sue, right?

Arya wasn't just given a set of skills just like that. She had to work for it...
    Arya is another story. She took her revenge against Lord Frey in the show, but Stannis would have hung all who were guilty.

Yara was turned down as Queen of the Ironborn.
    She was defeated by someone more popular. She can marry Danny and heir no children.

Go ahead.

Sansa was turned down as Queen in the North.
    Was she even offered it? No.

And while Cersei and The Sand Snakes clawed their way to power, they did it the exact same way that men have done it for years: by killing a shitload of people.
    That's where I need to stop you. "Men".

I am not those men.

If you believe in killing innocent people in order to obtain power then you are evil, whether you are a man or woman.

Keep arguing with Aragorn/Stannis.

All she has to do is exist, and everything comes to her.

Mary Sue.
    "Everything comes to her". What "Everything" if you're so kind to elaborate? Because she's the one who has been dealt some of the harshest hands in the show. Granted, that has as much to do with her being a bloody idiot at first as it has with her being a woman, but lets recap everything that has "come to her".

She gets engaged to a fucking psycho, who murders 80% of her family, physically and emotionally tortures her and publicly humiliates her, and when she gets rescued, its by a creepy pervo who wants to use her for his own means, and marries her to an even worst fucking psycho, who not only physically and emotionally tortures her, but also rapes her too. Then she finally escapes, and the pervo who handed her to her abuser, offers her an army, she accepts, and that's it.

So tell me: What blessings have come to her due to being a woman? because she has gotten jack squat since the show began. What little she has received, is more due to her name, than any actual actions she has taken.

You made me laugh. Thanks.

Dany was immune to fire. Dragons took a liking to her.
    The dragons took a liking to her because she hatched them, and raised them. She didn't just randomly found them in the wilds and tamed them with her mind. Even then, they don't obey her every command, as they have shown to be disobedient when they want to be.

Unlike Tyrion who DID just found them and met them and automatically befriended them with just a few words. Minutes after meeting them for the first time.

As for her immunity to fire, are you seriously bitching about that? You'd be perfectly fine if a man had immunity to fire? because there are men with supernatural powers in the show too. What you're really complaining is that NOT A SINGLE WOMAN should have any form of supernatural ability?

A handful of physically inferior women overthrew Dorne
    Physical inferiority means little when you cheat. And that's what they did. They're pragmatic. When you don't have the size, you use any advantage you can get. Ask Tyrion.

and magically earned the loyalty of all the remaining men.
    I can concede this bit, but then again, that was due to bad writing. Not because they were women. You could have a male physically fit version of the Sand Snakes pulling the same shit off and it would still be stupid.

We call them cucks or soldier ants.
    And you're called a sexist pig. And a dickhead.

She was immune to fire. The dragon automatically sided with her on command.
    We've covered this already. She raised that dragon from birth, while he is a rebel and wont bow at her every single whim, he IS attached to her, as are his two brothers. Much like my cat is attached to me, as I've taken care of her since she was born.

As for her immunity to fire... I ask you again: you'd seriously be happier if she was a male character? are you seriously that jealous and insecure that a female character having superpowers on a show that has blatant supernatural elements feels like tacked on "political correctness"? Also, there's plenty of men with superpowers in the show too. Night King, that warlock dude in Qart, the faceless MEN, etc.

Arya is another story. She took her revenge against Lord Frey in the show, but Stannis would have hung all who were guilty.
    Arya considered that, but unlike you, who seem to think that the showwriters are making all the women into superhumans who can do everything, Arya is just a single woman. She can't kill everyone involved..... yet. Which is why she's been crossing names off her list one at a time. On the commentary, the showmakers said that the scene where Arya diguised as a servant eyeing Jaime, was because she recognized him, and was considering killing him, but decided against it because he wasn't high enough on her list, and killing him would jeopardize her plans to kill Frey, who was the numero uno target on her list.

She was defeated by someone more popular. She can marry Danny and heir no children.

Go ahead.
    You're missing the point. I bring her up to dispel your childish rant that the show is "contaminated" by "political correctness". Yara was a woman. She made her claim to the throne. She was rejected. So you can't just go ahead and say that the showmakers are just making every woman into figures of power just becuse they have boobs.

Was she even offered it? No.
    Same point as above.

I am not those men.
    If you believe in killing innocent people in order to obtain power then you are evil, whether you are a man or woman.
    Ohhh hohohoho. Really? This is really funny, Because less than 7 posts above you were bitching and whining about the show "contaminating" Martin's work with "modern day politics". You were hoping someone would make an adaptation free of the trappings of modern politics. You said so right here:

. I just hope that one day someone can faithfully adapt his books free of modern day politics.
    What the fuck do you think people did back in medieval times to get power? Do you REALLY think democracy and power of the people existed in medieval times? Back in those days, if you wanted power, you took it, if someone tried to stop you, you killed them. That's how the targaryens conquered westeros. They didn't took the seven kingdoms because they belong to them. They took it because they could.

The show IS free of "modern day politics". Yara made her claim to the throne and was rejected, so now she's looking to take that throne by force. Its not being just handed to her on a basket just because she has boobs. She wants a crown on her head, she has to spill some blood to get it. That's how EVERYONE got power back in those days.

EVERYONE. Its only recently that we developed a more civilized attitude to ruling and we don't just behead the opposition when instating a new goverment (most of the time anyways)

I guess this shows your little rant has nothing to do with "modern politics". you're upset because a woman got power. If it was a man doing it, you'd be perfectly okay with it. You're upset with Dany being immune to fire because she's a woman. IF she was a man, you'd be fine with it. You feel martin's work has been "contaminated" just because women have more of a role than just staying in a kitchen. When even tolkien didn't do that either.

Some people are just overly sensitive on the idea of things being changed while adapted for 'pc reasons'. They can't fully fathom that the people adapting them just do what they want to do and when it crosses a certain line its been done solely for 'pc reasons' in their minds. I see this on plenty of forums relating to plenty of shows/movies/other things. Just like some people seem to live in constant mortal fear of internet SJW's and constantly have to post about them. The two go hand in hand.

Deleted
    "Everything comes to her". What "Everything" if you're so kind to elaborate? Because she's the one who has been dealt some of the harshest hands in the show. Granted, that has as much to do with her being a bloody idiot at first as it has with her being a woman, but lets recap everything that has "come to her".
    Everything a normal person would want from life.

Do you really need me to be this specific?

Is that you George?

I'm a girl! Everyone loves me because I'm a girl!

She gets engaged to a fucking psycho, who murders 80% of her family, physically and emotionally tortures her and publicly humiliates her, and when she gets rescued, its by a creepy pervo who wants to use her for his own means, and marries her to an even worst fucking psycho, who not only physically and emotionally tortures her, but also rapes her too. Then she finally escapes, and the pervo who handed her to her abuser, offers her an army, she accepts, and that's it.
    Are you referring to the books or the show? Don't refer to the books.

So tell me: What blessings have come to her due to being a woman?
    Cuck males, dragons and whole armies and ships.

Simply because she is a girl. And Dany wants Yara. They'd make a great couple.

No heirs.

Thanks George.

The dragons took a liking to her because she hatched them, and raised them.
    Because dragons naturally like her, right?

They don't have minds of their own, right?

As for her immunity to fire, are you seriously bitching about that?
    White female privilege.

Physical inferiority means little when you cheat.
    Oh I agree.

But physical ability is physical ability nonetheless. It's pure math. Numbers. 100 versus 1 = 100 wins.

We've covered this already. She raised that dragon from birth, while he is a rebel and wont bow at her every single whim, he IS attached to her, as are his two brothers. Much like my cat is attached to me, as I've taken care of her since she was born.
    Ok, so why did the cat like you?

Not privileged, right?

No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.

As for her immunity to fire... I ask you again: you'd seriously be happier if she was a male character? are you seriously that jealous and insecure that a female character having superpowers on a show that has blatant supernatural elements feels like tacked on "political correctness"? Also, there's plenty of men with superpowers in the show too. Night King, that warlock dude in Qart, the faceless MEN, etc.
    What I want is a show that is true to the books. What I want are realistic characters.

Arya considered that, but unlike you, who seem to think that the showwriters are making all the women into superhumans...
    I'm special because I'm a girl!

Go date another "girl" then, and feel special

You're missing the point. I bring her up to dispel your childish rant that the show is "contaminated" by "political correctness". Yara was a woman. She made her claim to the throne. She was rejected. So you can't just go ahead and say that the showmakers are just making every woman into figures of power just becuse they have boobs.
    Stannis is still alive.

Jon in the show is a slave to women.

But he's so handsome. "My heart is melting".

Ohhh hohohoho. Really? This is really funny, Because less than 7 posts above you were bitching and whining about the show "contaminating" Martin's work with "modern day politics". You were hoping someone would make an adaptation free of the trappings of modern politics. You said so right here:
    Gynocentrism.

How is it Dany has never fought at all, yet she commands a huge army?

Because she's a girl, right? 'Sup George?

What the fuck do you think people did back in medieval times to get power?
    If only you knew Philip II. He abandoned Richard in the Holy Land to steal all of Richard's lands.

I am intimately familiar with medieval politics. You know, if he hadn't abandoned me we could have retaken Jerusalem within a few months.

Don't talk to me about politics.

Do you REALLY think democracy and power of the people existed in medieval times? Back in those days, if you wanted power, you took it, if someone tried to stop you, you killed them. That's how the targaryens conquered westeros. They didn't took the seven kingdoms because they belong to them. They took it because they could.
    Then they were evil.

The show IS free of "modern day politics".
    It's called gynocentrism, darling.

Dragons and armies don't just come to you because you are a woman.

And if they did, we should be worried.

Everything a normal person would want from life.

Do you really need me to be this specific?
    Are you fucking kidding me? have you even SEEN the show? Whatever luxuries she had before, were because she was a stark, not because she was female. And everything else that happened to her after that, every single thing, has been one shitty situation after the next. How in heaven's name you call that "everything a normal person would want"? Do YOU want to be tortured and raped and humiliated publicly every day?

Are you referring to the books or the show? Don't refer to the books.
    I am referring to the show. The show you clearly haven't watched from what you're saying. If you seriously wanna tell me, that Sansa's life has been peachy in the show because she's a girl, get the fuck out of here. She's one of the most miserable characters in the whole thing. NOTHING has gone right for her since the show started. Pretty much the only moment where things began to improve for her (Albeit mildly) was season six. And that's after 5 seasons of getting nothing but the blackest of fates.

Cuck males, dragons and whole armies and ships.

Simply because she is a girl.
    I was talking about sansa you smartass.

And Dany wants Yara. They'd make a great couple.

No heirs.
    Great, you're homophobic AND a misogynist. Sheesh. Your parents must be so proud of you.

Because dragons naturally like her, right?
    No, because she raised them. She literally hatched their eggs, and has raised them since birth. So yeah, they're attached to her. Much like how my cat is attached to me, since I've taken care of her since she was a cub.

They don't have minds of their own, right?
    Yes they do. Have you even seen the show? They disobeyed her constantly. She had to put them in chains because they refused to just play nice with other people. Drogon was missing for almost an entire season when he just took off on his own.

But physical ability is physical ability nonetheless. It's pure math. Numbers. 100 versus 1 = 100 wins.
    And yet it wasn't 100 vs 1. It was 3 vs 3. Pure math, as you said.

Ok, so why did the cat like you?

Not privileged, right?

No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
    What the fuck are you even talking about?

What I want is a show that is true to the books.
    The show IS true to the books. It makes changes, after all, its an adaptation, its one thing to say that you don't like the changes, but to claim that the show is inserting modern day politics, or is getting contaminated by political correctness is pure bullshit. I've given you plenty of examples that show otherwise, all all you've responded with is nothing but gibberish that boils down to "Privilege privilege privilege, white, cuck, privilege, blah blah, cuck cuck, privilege white".

What I want are realistic characters.
    These ARE realistic characters. Not one of them has a personality drastically different from the books.

I'm special because I'm a girl!

Go date another "girl" then, and feel special
    Okay, now I know you are just trolling. What part of arya's story made you feel like she got special treatment due to being a girl? She got the living shit beaten out of her daily on the house of black and white. She was nearly killed. She spent months blind when she disobeyed orders. She has spent her entire time on the run, peniless, having to hunt doves to survive, and beg for money on the streets. What little she has, is because she's earned it. Absolutely NOTHING has been handed to her on a basket, neither due to her name, nor due to her gender.

Stannis is still alive.
    So? One guy dying all of the sudden means the showrunners are catering exclusively to women now?

Jon in the show is a slave to women.
    Right. That's why he obeyed sansa to the letter, right? That's why he just obeyed melisandre to the letter and ignored her crimes, right? That's why he was passed over when the north elected their new monarch, Right? Ohh wait, none of that shit happened. So what the fuck makes you think he is "a slave" to women now?

Gynocentrism.

How is it Dany has never fought at all, yet she commands a huge army?
    First off, she HAS fought off. What do you call it when she burned alive all the khals? A gang bang? Second of all, lots of people command armies without having ever fought before. Tyrion did it. Renly did it. Mace Tyrell did it. The Iron Bank does it. Peter Baelish does it. Jon Arryn did it before him. Yara's dad did it. Walder Frey did it. The Wise Masters (Who are every single one of them all men) do it.

Not everyone is a frontline general. This is just you projecting your insecurities in a childish and petulant rant. nothing more.

I am intimately familiar with medieval politics.
    You are intimate with the word Cuck, which you love to throw around a lot, and nothing more. You know nothing. About anything.

Then they were evil.
    They were medieval. Its irrelevant if they were men or women. That's how people obtained power in those times. So don't come here bitching about the show going all "modern day politics". If we had modern day politics in game of thrones, then we'd have no kings and queens. Renly would have accepted that he wasn't next in line to rule. Yara would have accepted that the people didn't vote for her. The Mad King would have gotten revoked by congress. And we'd be watching boring senate hearings full of impeachments and filibustering.

Nobody in the entire setting of Westeros has gotten where they are via democracy. They got to where they are because they could. Because they seized power by killing anyone who stood in their way. That's how the seven kingdoms were unified under the iron throne. Its not something exclusive to one gender or another. And calling them "evil", isn't gonna change that. You complain that the show somehow has modern politics on it, yet throw a petulant tantrum when actual medieval way of handling politics is employed.

OHh wait, no, you only whine when actual medieval way of handling politics is employed by a woman.

Dragons and armies don't just come to you because you are a woman.
    And they didn't. She didn't just open her arms and everything was handed to her on a basket. Nobody on this show (male or female) has had everything delivered to them on a whim. Everyone who has anything has had to scrape tooth and nail to get it. By force.

Except Joffrey. He was really spoiled and he earned nothing he ever had. But he was killed, so who gives a fuck?
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-07-29 at 03:27 AM.

This conversation about PC stuff has been great and all but who else thinks Rickon should have zig zagged?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    This conversation about PC stuff has been great and all but who else thinks Rickon should have zig zagged?
    I disagree. He should have zag zigged.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose