Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    BUT OH LOOK, ANOTHER MASTERY TO WORK ON.
    The first step gives you a "big xp boost", not sure how much it is since I'm maxed out on the mastery for old world (out of mastery points to buy the next rank), so it's just basically worthless. Then I go to new map and gotta change to the new mastery and start over.

- - - Updated - - -

While catching up on internet stuff, I'm just doing the first quest on alts, making sure to hop over to HoT before accepting the reward...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Welp, the mastery wasn't as annoying as I thought, so that's a plus.

But...was that it? Not a bad chapter, but for the first story content in 9 months, and the first of the quarterly content updates hot damn did it seem short.

Oh well, guess I'll tinker around a bit slowly working on "not leveling up" and getting mastery's while I try to finish the HoT maps or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, the mastery wasn't as annoying as I thought, so that's a plus.

But...was that it? Not a bad chapter, but for the first story content in 9 months, and the first of the quarterly content updates hot damn did it seem short.

Oh well, guess I'll tinker around a bit slowly working on "not leveling up" and getting mastery's while I try to finish the HoT maps or something.
    If it was normal levels it would of had the same results time wise to level up. I don't understand people wanting normal levels over mastery. They are essentially the same thing. I like them and it's concepts over normal levels and they really let up on the exp needed too long term.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If it was normal levels it would of had the same results time wise to level up. I don't understand people wanting normal levels over mastery.
    Because the method of leveling up from the base game compared to how you unlock mastery's are lightyears apart. I could clear out zones and be way overleveled in the base game, never finding any level-based roadblocks to my progress.

In HoT I'm constantly greeted with roadblocks until I grind the ever loving shit out of events to level up mastery's. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the events from time to time, but looking at the amount of time I'd need to spend grinding them and how little progress actually clearing maps will give me isn't very exciting.

They are essentially the same thing.
    A time gate, yes. But presentation and execution matters.

Eh, idk... I feel like the 1-80 leveling is completely pointless and could be taken out of the game whole hog without really changing stuff. Yea it sucks to run into stuff you can't access until you unlock a mastery but it's an effort to make gaining a level actually have some meaning other than gaining an arbitrary level which doesn't really change anything at all for you.

Wasn't a bad episode, really, but felt more like a Pre-Expac event, something that leads into the main big story rather than actually being the first episode of a new story.

As was discussed in another thread though, loot really has become unimportant. Even with the change to salvage it still feels like just work to sort out your inventory into mats/sell rather than "ooh, I need this!". I did the Jade Construct events, kill one Champ, then the next, then the next, then another, then a pair, then a legendary, I think. Large group was fun, but it was basically just a giant light show while passing time hitting some buttons along with 1 key. Looted bags and bags of stuff, sorted it all out, ended up with one new Trident that's a plant skin.... meh.

What did they change about salvage? Also ya loot is awful

You can now right click salvage kits and have them salvage all items of a certain quality and below. Makes mass salvaging after a few events super easy, now they just need to allow you to mass-open stuff as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The loot is terrible if you need ectos, no reason to not just farm your ABs and SWs. On the other hand you can get a ton of mid-tier mats like linen

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So farming chests in AB is still a better idea than doing new map stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The loot is terrible if you need ectos, no reason to not just farm your ABs and SWs. On the other hand you can get a ton of mid-tier mats like linen
    That's sort of my point though, you're not really hoping for some new item. It's just mats/money, no real "excitement". I got zone completion for the bloodstone valley. I got an axe skin I hadn't unlocked yet (tribal I think) on the single weapon it gave, an exotic... but a level 78! I mean, what the hell is the point of a level 78 exotic?

Loot is just a bit boring now.

For ecto's though yeah, I think I did better from the quest rewards than anything in the zone itself.

Nice Blood Ruby acquisition guide if you want to go for those stat changeable trinkets and back piece.

http://guildwarshub.com/blood-ruby-acquisition-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    So farming chests in AB is still a better idea than doing new map stuff?
    Farming AB chests will net you 2.5g per map + all of the extra mats that you can sell. The smallest run you will see has about 3 maps and the biggest can be as many as 8 maps. It depends on the time of the day. The first run each day also gets the special chest which is worth about 2g.

The rares are dropping in price, though, so I am not sure how long it will remain lucrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    The map has grown on me, it's like Southsun when that map came out. But Southsun was back when they were doing 2 week releases. I don't see how they are going to hold people down until the next episode. Maybe they'll do like. LS1 and intertwine smaller mini content patches in in between major releases (the actual story was actually down via monthly releases) but they haven't alluded to that. The only reason I brought that is because the mini events they had before this release were reminiscent of LS1.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The huge reason why people will keep playing the map is the same reason why people still play Silverwastes and Dry Top. It's all about the unique currency and unique items you can get from that currency. Those blood rubies and unbound magic have enough items associated with it that I'll be playing that map for a good month (at least). It's pretty much the only content I'm playing right now because I want those ascended rings, back piece and amulet for my necro viper/sinister build as well as a couple of the mini's.

Also, I love that map and the events associated. The map is small enough that it is easy to get to an event without missing it and vertical enough that gliding around it is pretty fun. Having only one "meta" event is definitely a lesson learned from the HoT maps, so that the other events being done aren't on a timer and can be done almost at anytime (depending on how many are doing the pre-events).
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2016-08-06 at 05:35 AM.

I hope one day they will revisit southsun and make it into a viable map