Anyone know how to put a background color on Tidy Plates Threat Plates?

really dont like the clear background.

using this update: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FunUpdate.html

edit: i figured it out. For anyone that wants to know:

I added a line in TidyPlates_Threatplates\Styles\basicThemes.lua @ line 76 under healthbar

Code:
    backdrop = 						"Interface\\AddOns\\SharedMedia\\statusbar\\HealbotBG",
    pointing to a custom texture in my SharedMedia folder.

Last edited by kheath812; 2016-07-26 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindog View Post
    Cool ill try that out then! Im using elvui but couldn't recreate it in there. Couldn't find a way to class color the border on the unitframe and get the castbar behind the health.

EDIT: Whenever I try to use 1 pixel border on my unitframes the "1 pixel" is more like 10. Can't figure that out.
    If using Stuf and you want 1 pixel borders, check out this really old post I've been using for years to alter Stuf to do exactly this.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...16&postcount=3

It requires you to do a little bit of altering to the mod itself, but I assure you it is quite easy. Basically just gotta do some copy/paste. As I said, I've been doing it for years and I have no coding experience.

Example of the pixel-perfect borders with the altered code:

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. I need a little assistance with Stuf. As shown in the image above, the target frame (top) has a Level and name display. Currently I am using the tag system in Stuf to create that using the following tags:

Code:
    [difficulty:level][difficulty:classification] [reactionnpc:name]
    Which if targeting a rare lvl 100 mob named Cotton Eye Joe it would show 100 Rare Cotton Eye Joe

What I would like to do it kinda keep it that way but have it truncate the name to C. E. Joe. I know this has to be done with LUA.

So, what i need it to do is color the level and rarity by difficulty, color the name by class if a player, reaction if npc, and truncate the name.

And then I need another bit of coding for the smaller frames in my UI (pet, tot, focus, etc). But for these I just need the name truncated and colored by player class/npc reaction (so leaving out the level and rarity).

I've found code here and there doing some of the things listed but I just don't know how to get it all put together in a way to get the result I'm looking for. Any help is wholefully appreciated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hi!
    I use ElvUI, and I've previously (just after WoD launch) added buff displays to the Elv raidframes to display HoTs. I use different coloured small squares in the corners of playerframes to show it.
    With the Legion changes, I'm trying to add another for Essence Font, but I can't for the life of me remember how to do it!
    Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    Thanks. Data text thing worked, figured out the CD tracker though. Was under General > Class Bar.
    Ah alright. I was digging through my ElvUI yesterday and couldn't find it. Thanks for that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    If using Stuf and you want 1 pixel borders, check out this really old post I've been using for years to alter Stuf to do exactly this.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...16&postcount=3

It requires you to do a little bit of altering to the mod itself, but I assure you it is quite easy. Basically just gotta do some copy/paste. As I said, I've been doing it for years and I have no coding experience.

Example of the pixel-perfect borders with the altered code:

Cool! Gonna try this out. Thanks!

Deleted
    IS anyone using Stuf unit frames? If it is can u use settings u are using and how it looks ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meebica View Post
    IS anyone using Stuf unit frames? If it is can u use settings u are using and how it looks ?
    Showing the settings a person uses can take an awful lot of time. Especially if someone really does a lot of configuring and not just using the "out of the box" settings. Each element of the unit frames have their own individual settings. How it looks however can be easily shown. This is what mine currently looks like (cast bars aren't shown as they are done by another addon):

Click for full-size image

I was thinking about making myself a "Mortal Strike on target alert" and I saw that wowhead has an effect listed for such spells
    Code:
    Apply Aura: Mod Healing Taken - % (Arcane, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, Physical, Shadow)
    My question is, can you query if any of the debuffs on target have this effect?

Deleted
    How do they make Player frames custom? Do they programe it or how? I found some video but i dont think !beautycase is still working? This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEpiYgbQos

Also : i installed StuF and disabled it but this still stayed there and i dont know how to disable this.

I bordered it with red square
    Last edited by mmoc84f3d46bf5; 2016-07-27 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meebica View Post
    Also : i installed StuF and disabled it but this still stayed there and i dont know how to disable this.

I bordered it with red square
    That's the "self" nameplate. You can disable it under Interface > Names > Personal Resource

A very long time ago there was an addon that would allow you to separate out the chat bar and move it to wherever you like. I don't want to move the entire chat window, but just the chat bar where you type text in. Hopefuly this screenshot will answer any questions about what I'm looking to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    A very long time ago there was an addon that would allow you to separate out the chat bar and move it to wherever you like. I don't want to move the entire chat window, but just the chat bar where you type text in. Hopefuly this screenshot will answer any questions about what I'm looking to do.

The picture doesn't show for me but I know you can move the edit box with Prat 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post

Prat's Editbox module does what you want. Just install Prat and disable all the modules except for Editbox in the Module Control tab of the settings.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Prat's Editbox module does what you want. Just install Prat and disable all the modules except for Editbox in the Module Control tab of the settings.
    Fantastic! I will check it out tomorrow. Thank you.

i'm trying to adapt this code to work for my target frame. right now it fades out my party frames if theyre out of range of me (because the stuf range fade just doesnt work at all...) anyone got any ideas?

Code:
    local function PartyMemberFrame_OnUpdate_Hook(self, elapsed)
    	self.rangeAlpha_UpdateTimer = self.rangeAlpha_UpdateTimer - elapsed
    	if self.rangeAlpha_UpdateTimer <= 0 then
    		self.rangeAlpha_UpdateTimer = THROTTLE

local targetAlpha = UnitInRange(self.unit) and 1.0 or FADE_ALPHA
    		if self:GetAlpha() ~= targetAlpha then
    			self:SetAlpha(targetAlpha)
    		end
    	end
    end

for i = 1, 4 do
    	_G["PartyMemberFrame"..i].rangeAlpha_UpdateTimer = THROTTLE
    end

hooksecurefunc("PartyMemberFrame_OnUpdate", PartyMemberFrame_OnUpdate_Hook)

Deleted
    Does anyone have a way to get the old nameplates back? Really not a fan of the new nameplates.

Quote Originally Posted by Andarius View Post
    Does anyone have a way to get the old nameplates back? Really not a fan of the new nameplates.
    tidyplates and tidyplates_blizzardplates

Over an year ago, I remember using this bag addon that allowed me to remove certain bag slots from the cleanup/sort bag options.

For example, instead of putting an entire bag on the "no sort" list, I could just pick slots 1, 2 and 3 from from bag 1, and 6, 7, 8 from bag 3.

Then no matter what, the addon would never move the items in those slots.

I thought Bagnon could do that but the option to do so seems to be gone so maybe it was another bag addon.

How can I get Grid2 to show black health bars with class colored background AND get heal indicators to work properly? Is it even possible?

Here are my settings: http://gfycat.com/RawVainBorzoi

If I use test mode and heal myself it shows them but in a raid it doesn't show heal indicators on anyone else at all, even when I heal them.
    Last edited by omgitskae; 2016-07-29 at 10:01 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/a/wIF8e

Does anyone know what everyone is using to get this micromenu?

Thanks