10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So actual discussion: Do any of you watch the "What's in an OP" e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDQcqNMflpI
    I saw it on my phone earlier

I forgot to watch it, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick get to page 2710 so I can load this thread properly without wanting to kill myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Quick get to page 2710 so I can load this thread properly without wanting to kill myself.
    sure thing fam.

But a new page would mean more space for additional shit posts.

So actual discussion: Do any of you watch the "What's in an OP" e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDQcqNMflpI
    No, I can only take so much of the guy. It's not that he's annoying, it's that (and this is coming from me) he seems to over-analyze a bit in his videos. The one that comes to mind is when he examines the snow scene in Erased; at the point when he starts talking about the street lights coming on as being representative of Satoru's thoughts sparking I felt like he was digging into more than was actually there.

I also feel like OPs are only of moderate importance - I like a good one, but I'm not that put out if a series has a mediocre opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    No, I can only take so much of the guy. It's not that he's annoying, it's that (and this is coming from me) he seems to over-analyze a bit in his videos. The one that comes to mind is when he examines the snow scene in Erased; at the point when he starts talking about the street lights coming on as being representative of Satoru's thoughts sparking I felt like he was digging into more than was actually there.

I also feel like OPs are only of moderate importance - I like a good one, but I'm not that put out if a series has a mediocre opener.
    A strong OP can really hold together an anime though. Of course the anime has to already be good, but with a strong OP it delivers a more complete package. Think Steins;Gate.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very interesting, Neichus. I agree with your final statement. For me, the music is much more important for me than the actual video during the OP. I'm just starting out on his videos and found it quite interesting that he had so much to say about an OP. With me, I'm like "yea...it's good".

10+ Year Old Account

So he's an english teacher?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    and somehow I'm voted the 2nd worst shitposter in this thread
    Because you are. Shitposting is an art.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you are. Shitposting is an art.
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

So I just checked, I have almost 3k shit posts in this thread.

A strong OP can really hold together an anime though. Of course the anime has to already be good, but with a strong OP it delivers a more complete package. Think Steins;Gate.
    Oh, I don't disagree; I think having a good opening is one of the many facets that can really push a show to the very top. That said, it's not dependent on having this, it's just icing on the cake. So when I see this guy produce so many videos on this subject alone it is simply off-target to my interests.

That's very interesting, Neichus. I agree with your final statement. For me, the music is much more important for me than the actual video during the OP. I'm just starting out on his videos and found it quite interesting that he had so much to say about an OP. With me, I'm like "yea...it's good".
    I'm actually the opposite in some regards. I have a very limited musical sense and nearly all music I do like is by association or meaning. So if the OP is good I come to like the music, rather than how you like the music and then can put up with lower-quality visuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah imgur has been loading poorly for me recently...add in giant gifs and so on it doesn't help
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Yeah imgur has been loading poorly for me recently...add in giant gifs and so on it doesn't help
    It might have been that 1 gig pic that got linked. then quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    So he's an english teacher?
    Even though you're trying to be flippant, I find myself having a hard time addressing this.

For instance, I have a partially-completed Texhnolyze review on my computer. Texhnolyze is a series that is profoundly existential and some understanding of the philosophical position/movement is necessary in order to make anything more of it beyond, "...wow that was depressing." Now, I consider Texhnolyze an amazing (if unpleasant) series, but how can I differentiate a series that draws on a body of knowledge from one that simply has obscure references?

In literature there is a shared pool of works that are known and so references to these are not considered obscure. If you are into the subject then these will be obvious to you. The experience of most students, lacking this knowledge, is to wonder if the references are entirely inane and meaningless.

I want to recognize the possibility that I am in that position with regards to Mother's Basement. That perhaps he has some further training in visual design that exceeds my knowledge, and such when artists do certain things it means something to other artists that I am not attuned to. At the same time, I can't shake the feeling that it tried to give more meaning than it had, even recognizing the possibility that I have the whole picture. I'm fine recognizing that I don't know everything, but it always leaves me just a bit irritated when I feel I don't understand the scope of a pool of knowledge (whether I have it or not).

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to watch SSY. Starting episode one then heading to a bar for the entire night.

I'm not sure how it'll go. Since all the weebs here love Lulu and I just was only entertained by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though you're trying to be flippant, I find myself having a hard time addressing this.

For instance, I have a partially-completed Texhnolyze review on my computer. Texhnolyze is a series that is profoundly existential and some understanding of the philosophical position/movement is necessary in order to make anything more of it beyond, "...wow that was depressing." Now, I consider Texhnolyze an amazing (if unpleasant) series, but how can I differentiate a series that draws on a body of knowledge from one that simply has obscure references?

In literature there is a shared pool of works that are known and so references to these are not considered obscure. If you are into the subject then these will be obvious to you. The experience of most students, lacking this knowledge, is to wonder if the references are entirely inane and meaningless.

I want to recognize the possibility that I am in that position with regards to Mother's Basement. That perhaps he has some further training in visual design that exceeds my knowledge, and such when artists do certain things it means something to other artists that I am not attuned to. At the same time, I can't shake the feeling that it tried to give more meaning than it had, even recognizing the possibility that I have the whole picture. I'm fine recognizing that I don't know everything, but it always leaves me just a bit irritated when I feel I don't understand the scope of a pool of knowledge (whether I have it or not).
    I know you're a teacher but I wasn't trying to insult teachers or anything, when I was in highschool I had 3 different english teachers two of them would require a explanation for everything that happened in a book, It's a sunny day? There needs to be a paragraph on why its sunny. I honestly got sick of that sort of thing extremely fast.

I haven't watched either texhnolyze or mothers basement though so I have no idea about that.

what the actual fuck is wrong with you people

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Weebitis and cancer

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    What do you mean?