Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The ending cinematic of the game after finishing the Night Elf campaign, where Archimonde is first defeated. Medivh concludes the ending of that chapter with his own thoughts on the matter (emphasis added):

So when "Medivh" begins urging Khadgar to become a Guardian, well... It at least became quite obvious to me that Khadgar was being fed a bunch of kodo dung.
    yeah i played it but i thought maybe medivh has changed his mind, as we know that medivh has been alittle corrupted, and the burning legion is a huge foe, and maybe they are needed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

When i saw "Camera Fixes" i got excited i thought they are bring back the console maxdistance in =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah i played it but i thought maybe medivh has changed his mind, as we know that medivh has been alittle corrupted, and the burning legion is a huge foe, and maybe they are needed

Where is Medan? I am sure Kadgar isn't Medan because he used to be Medivh's student during Garona's stay in Kara.

What the problem probably was, was people were installing that actioncam addon, and then removed it, and then their camera still stayed "fucked up". I don't know if the addon ever fixed that, but that's what it was doing for a good while there. To disable it after uninstalling, you had to type a console command to disable the cam, instead of it disabling itself after installing the addon. Had that happen to me, and had to google.

Seems there could have been a better solution than just removing it right now.

Not that I care about the action camera, but literally everyone who complains about motion sickness are just lying in an attempt to make blizzard increase the max camera distance. I'm surprised anyone actually believes that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post
    "somehow unknowingly activated" sure sure, unknowingly....

- - - Updated - - -

I would prepare a sandwich if I were you, you'll be waiting to eat that hat for a long time.
    Nope i'm calling bullshit, my wife gets motion sick easy can't read in the car, got sick watching the trailer for Hardcore Henry but is perfectly fine with playing her ret paladin on WoW after pre patch.
    This is just ppl trying to bully the camera change back.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    Please give me some of what youre smoking plz
    How's that so hard to not being a possibility?

We know that Aegwynn, Medivh's mother defeated the Avatar of Sargeras and locked it in to the Tomb of Sargeras.
    We also know that before the avatar was sealed in to the tomb, Sargeras' spirit essence went in to Aegwynn's body and stayed there waiting. As Sargeras knew Aegwynn would have a son, who would likely become the next guardian. What's a better way to defeat something than to infiltrate and corrupt the very thing that is meant to destroy you, before they are even born.
    Waiting for Aegwynn to give birth to Medivh, to whom the spirit then transferred. This is how Medivh was originally corrupted and helped open the Dark Portal.
    Even Khadgar eventually found out and he was the one to kill Medivh with 2 others. But Medivh has been resurrected since, he's actually been resurrected a couple times, one time before he worked on the Dark portal even, so that shows that Sargeras spirit can stay in his body even if the body dies.
    To me that sounds a lot like having Medivh's body as his current avatar until it's possible to for him to return to his original avatar, if that even is possible, depends what remains of it when it was destroyed. Aegwynn believed that sealing the avatar in to the tomb would actually stop the spirit of Sargeras being resurrected in the nether as the demons usually do.
    Currently Medivh is assumed very much to be alive and his whereabouts are totally unknown.
    The Harbringers clip shows that Medivh's spirit is tied to Karazhan, well that might actually be the demon inside him.
    I think that what's left of actual Medivh is long gone and Sargeras is the dominant person, much like there was some bits left of Arthas within the Lich King.
    The bits that kept LK just destroying everything, and Arthas was loosing the control little by little. Same thing that could happen here.
    Medivh's final control is fading and Sargeras is taking control and Legion is coming.

For story I'd think that be a hell of a plot twist if everyone is expecting Kil'jaeden to be the final boss or actual Sargeras, the titan that can slice entire planets in half with a single swing of his sword, unlikely some mere mortals no matter what artifacts they wield could defeat such power.
    But a possessed human as his avatar is another story. Since that has been done by a guardian before once already.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2016-07-29 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    What the problem probably was, was people were installing that actioncam addon, and then removed it, and then their camera still stayed "fucked up". I don't know if the addon ever fixed that, but that's what it was doing for a good while there. To disable it after uninstalling, you had to type a console command to disable the cam, instead of it disabling itself after installing the addon. Had that happen to me, and had to google.

Seems there could have been a better solution than just removing it right now.
    A better solution would have been players not rushing so much into a feature they did not understand.
    It was lacking in-game UI and controls for the reason of being unsupported, and so should have only been used by players with the knowledge of how to turn it off manually.
    But of course that did not happen.

Aside from turning it on, the most frequent question was how to turn it off.
    Until the feature is in a better state, I would rather they kept it off.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Not that I care about the action camera, but literally everyone who complains about motion sickness are just lying in an attempt to make blizzard increase the max camera distance. I'm surprised anyone actually believes that bullshit.
    I don't think all are lying, but it was certainly a popular gripe to complain about for the sake of complaining.
    Those who claimed that the game was unplayable as melee for example were hugely exaggerating.
    In some cases I think players mistakenly attributed that factor alone to issues they were experiencing, when the post from blizzard there makes it clear that camera change was not in isolation.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-29 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Where is Medan? I am sure Kadgar isn't Medan because he used to be Medivh's student during Garona's stay in Kara.
    who said anything about medan? and idk, maybe they retconned him
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently Medivh is assumed very much to be alive and his whereabouts are totally unknown.
    Pretty sure all of his appearances after his first death were just supposed to be his "echo." Hence "Echo of Medivh." Certainly that was the case when he appeared in Karazhan, and again later in the comics to offer guidance to Med'an.

In this short the entity wasn't even Medivh, but rather a disguised dreadlord trying to tempt Khadgar into serving the Burning Legion.

I don't see how any of this hints at him returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar learned that from Vegeta and he effectively use it in more than half of the time it took Vegeta to fire it at Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Medivh was never actually corrupted in the sense that he was turned to the Legions side he had been possessed since before he was even born by Sargeras's spirit. After he was defeated it seems like he either was purged of the possession or because he learned of the possession was able to suppress it. I'm not sure if it's still canon but in the book Shadow's and Light he is said to be one of Azeroths Eternals and he makes this comment in Warcraft 3 "I left my humanity behind long ago. I am something...different now."

new Karazhan raid confirmed =D

well maybe not, but would certainly be cool

Read "upcoming camera changes" and I was so happy, finally blizzard listened and is going to return the old zoom distance? hahaha, oh jk. That would be listening to their customers, and we all know they don't do that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Dear Blizzardo, can I have Arcane Final Flash as a talent now kthx.
    give it two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beouf View Post
    No Subtitles/Closed Captions mean no lore for me!
    Damn straight! I'm severely hearing impaired and while this is certainly badass, it just sounds like music and mumbling to me. I wish someone would at least transcribe it.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Unless they retconned it Medivh didn't actually die he was active during Warcraft 3 trying to save everyone
    Yes and No, at the end of WC3, he explains that it isn't really his body, just his spirit coming back to warn everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaZao View Post
    Damn straight! I'm severely hearing impaired and while this is certainly badass, it just sounds like music and mumbling to me. I wish someone would at least transcribe it.
    //Blizzard Logo
    Khadgar: Once again, the Burning Legion has returned... Stronger, more determined than ever before. I venture to Karazhan on a mission of desperation.
    Harbingers: Khadgar
    Khadgar: Show yourself.
    //Medivh appears from the shadows
    Medvih: My apprentice returns, it is good to see you again Khadgar.
    Khadgar: Medivh? How?
    Medivh: My spirit is bound to this tower.
    Khadgar: Yes, of course, Medivh.. there is so much I need..
    Medivh: You look terrible old friend, why have you come here?
    Khadgar: The Burning Legion invades again. I come seeking the knowledge you kept here, anything that can help me stand against them.
    Medivh: Defeating the Legion this time will take more than some spell I'm afraid. You came seeking knowledge, what you need is a weapon.
    Khadgar: I don't understand.
    Medivh: You defeated me when I was consumed by Fel madness. But you never took the next step towards your destiny. It is time Azeroth had a guardian once again.
    Khadgar: A guardian? After your failings, it was decided that none could resist the temptation of such power. We don't need a guardian Medivh.
    Medivh: Then, I ask again, why are you here? If not a guardian, if not you, then who can stop the approaching storm? if you cannot embrace your fate, then all you have accomplished, all you have sacrificed, will have been for nothing.
    //Vision of Dalaran burning
    //Khadgar looking into mirror
    Khadgar: Even if I said yes, none now remain to bestow the powers of a guardian upon me.
    Medivh: I remain.. I knew this day would come, before my death, I imbued this tome with an echo of my essence. Open it, absorb it's energies as your own.
    Khadgar: No, I cannot..I should not
    //Medivh looking over Khadgar's shoulder
    Medivh: The fate of Azeroth rests in your hands Khadgar. Accept your desires.. Show the Legion the true might of a guardian.
    //Khadgar overlooking Legion forces
    Medivh: Be honest with yourself, if not with me. You know you are destined for this.
    Khadgar: Oh it is true, I have thought about becoming a guardian every day. Even now.. I desire it. I've yearned for the Legion to cringe before the fury I would unleash. And that is why I can never accept your offer.
    //Khadgar destroys tome.
    //Medivh turns into a demon.
    Medivh: Hahaha, your will is strong. My brethren were right, you would have served the Legion well.
    Khadgar: I will never be the legions pawn.. AND THIS TOWER WILL NOT BE IT'S DEN!
    //Khadgar blows demon out of the window
    Khadgar: I came to karazhan seeking knowledge, what I found was a reminder... that no single person, not even a guardian, can stand against the Legion alone. As before, we must band together, united for Azeroth!
    //Khadgar flies into the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Khadgar video even more than Gul'dan's. They really should have just made the Warcraft movie animated.

Why are they trying so hard to make new excuses about the motion sickness causes?

The reason is only one: the camera zoom out huge restriction(imposition)! I get less information on the screen so I'm forced to move the camera frequently and quicker. That's it!

And do you really believe that so many players manage to activate the action cam but they were unable to disable it. You need only 10 seconds to google "disable action cam".. 10 seconds to find the answer.

Did someone find a good reason about their obsession about the camera zoom limitation? So many explanations in the blue posts and yet I can't understand why enrage so many players.