Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I know you're a teacher but I wasn't trying to insult teachers or anything, when I was in highschool I had 3 different english teachers two of them would require a explanation for everything that happened in a book, It's a sunny day? There needs to be a paragraph on why its sunny. I honestly got sick of that sort of thing extremely fast.

I haven't watched either texhnolyze or mothers basement though so I have no idea about that.
    No, I didn't think you were trying to insult them. I was just rambling to myself about how I still find it difficult to differentiate between meaningful symbolism and excessive analysis of details. I feel like I "know it when I see it," but that isn't a criterion I like to use.

Deleted

Mmmm, only had the gif earlier but found the full version.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    What do you mean?
    Not thinking SSY was one of the best anime ever. Between thinking there's something wrong with that anime and something wrong with the viewer, you better err on the side of it being the viewer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kono Bijutsubu 04 - MC is seriously cute. Her mom is great. Moeka and her mom are great too.

This could easily be my AOTS, but New Game, 91 Days and Thunderbolt Fantasy make it hard to decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Time to watch SSY. Starting episode one then heading to a bar for the entire night.

I'm not sure how it'll go. Since all the weebs here love Lulu and I just was only entertained by it.
    SSY and Luluco are polar opposites. SSY has zero bait or fanservice, and is very different from most anime. It's pretty serious, and very psychological.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    what the actual fuck is wrong with you people
    I agree. Not liking SSY is a crime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I agree. Not liking SSY is a crime.
    There's a realm of difference between disliking a series and believing it is overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    SSY1: Abduct the children and feast on their souls to stay young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There's a realm of difference between disliking a series and believing it is overrated.

- - - Updated - - -

BAN WAVE INC.

BRACE.

Here comes bois.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... the long obnoxious posts... they stop now else some very bad things will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Okay... the long obnoxious posts... they stop now else some very bad things will happen.
    Remi I know your secret.

You like anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remi I know your secret.

You like anime.
    Is it the best girl with official paring sig giving it away?:P
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... temporary close to clean this garbage...

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, anymore shit like that, will see even less happy things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Okay, anymore shit like that, will see even less happy things.
    Sad endings to anime are sometimes good though.

Deleted
    I'd like a thorough explanation how is posting a gif parodying Evangelion OP in reply to talk about OPs in general and Evangelion's one in particular spam.

Actually don't, I know you can't give any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad endings to anime are sometimes good though.
    Yes, but not this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    SSY2&3: Someone is definitely abducting kids to steal their youthful energy. It's also pretty boring to watch to be honest. If you stray from the beaten path you disappear. The way her dad talks about secretly rebelling and their nighttime conversations are intriguing. I just want more from the parents instead of the kids. Their soulless human beings. Gingers that don't have ginger like attributes.

Good thing it's not a complex, carefully crafted psychological supernatural mystery or else you might have to watch more than a few episodes to get the full picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    SSY2&3: Someone is definitely abducting kids to steal their youthful energy. It's also pretty boring to watch to be honest. If you stray from the beaten path you disappear. The way her dad talks about secretly rebelling and their nighttime conversations are intriguing. I just want more from the parents instead of the kids. Their soulless human beings. Gingers that don't have ginger like attributes.
    I'd make sure to use spoilers, but the show isn't about the kids. They're boring for a reason. If the focus was more on the kids, it would take away from the story actually being told. In the end though, the kids are far more interesting of characters than many of the others in the show, sans a unique few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewrite - Looks like we're getting into some of that delicious Key seriousness.
    [CENTER]

All of these closeted SSY non-believers coming out of the woodwork one after another. It's like a parade of truly shit taste.

Reminds me of a guy I talked to the other day who always talking about anime, WoW, or D&D basically everything I saw him. I struck up a conversation with him after hearing him use that awful TTGL quote and talk about Fate Stay/Night. He asked me about the show and I just told him I wasn't a fan and didn't like the characters. He told me I needed to play the VN. Lol.

Anyways, rambling aside, I asked him what his favorite anime was and he said Monogatari. Gross. I then mentioned Shinsekai Yori as one of mine and he hadn't even heard of it. The horror! So many non-believers.