Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naesam View Post
    A lot of WoD lore revolved around the ring, kind of absurd for them to remove it IMO, at the very least remove the ring itself and keep the quests or something.
    The fact that they removed old nameplates that worked and gave us garbage nameplates, without the option to select which one we prefer, shows how stupid they are, highlights their low-quality of work, and gives a big middle finger to fans of Loremaster and other quest-oriented achievements.

Kind of hard to do all the quests when they remove them for no reason. Their stupid excuses are not valid reasons, its just their idiotic opinion.

Not sure why they enjoy antagonizing their fans. The whole flying in Draenor issue proved that.

Horrible quality all around. Now they are limiting quantity, the only thing they have going for them.

The crybabies in this thread are hilarious
    The post right before me is so full of inaccuracies it's appalling.

Holy shit yall need to get a grip with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    All those games you listed have one thing in common, they all failed miserably and they where all hailed by the anti blizzard bois as wowkillers
    Failed in what sense?

they are still going strong with Millions of players, people keep saying that WOW is the best out there, dont get me wrong it is the best SUB TO PLAY game out there.

these other games did away with there subs and profits kind of went up due to ingame shops.

you dont need a sub for people to play it.

what killed these games is they tried to be wow and kept there subs for way to long. getting rid of there subs was what helped the game to continue.

so no they didnt fail miserably, at any given time on skyforge i can always find a group, same with wildstar etc...

and i dont have 45 minute ques....

so in that aspect which game fails more?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Failed in what sense?

they are still going strong with Millions of players, people keep saying that WOW is the best out there, dont get me wrong it is the best SUB TO PLAY game out there.

these other games did away with there subs and profits kind of went up due to ingame shops.

you dont need a sub for people to play it.

what killed these games is they tried to be wow and kept there subs for way to long. getting rid of there subs was what helped the game to continue.

so no they didnt fail miserably, at any given time on skyforge i can always find a group, same with wildstar etc...

and i dont have 45 minute ques....

so in that aspect which game fails more?
    The only one of those games that has "millions" is possibly Aion. The rest don't come close. Wildstar can't even make a single server not look a ghost town. SWTOR has always had a declining population, but still clings on because Star Wars fanboys and p2w cash shop schemes. Skyforge is by and large p2w, and nowhere close to anything remote of a "populated" mmo. I don't know what bizzaro luck you have. To find any group in Wildstar or Skyforge its a solid 45+ minute que.

Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    The only one of those games that has "millions" is possibly Aion. The rest don't come close. Wildstar can't even make a single server not look a ghost town. SWTOR has always had a declining population, but still clings on because Star Wars fanboys and p2w cash shop schemes. Skyforge is by and large p2w, and nowhere close to anything remote of a "populated" mmo. I don't know what bizzaro luck you have. To find any group in Wildstar or Skyforge its a solid 45+ minute que.
    must be different timezones but as i said yes wow is by far the biggest paid mmo, but other games are just as popular if you invest time into them. and yeah i dont have problems with ques guess your just lucking out.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The devs was fairly upfront about the legendaries for both MoP and WoD being sub retention mechanisms to reward players who stayed and played the game when it was current.

Personally the quest line content should remain with the legendary reward removed. Otherwise I am fine and do not see much point to the QQ in the official forums about "special snowflakes" when it was accessible to everyone and for a very long time at that. The reality that a minority bother to do such shows how many actually cared and the success of the system. It is likely one of the reasons the artifact system the devs are moving to in WoD which will get everyone on the grind rather than the vast majority just being organized raiders who already are staying subscribed. No excuse for those who was subscribed throughout the game to not have gotten the items if they actually cared.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-07-29 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

The point is to have fun, and occasionally be part of something while it happens. Persistent play is, and should continue to be, rewarded.
    What persistent play ? We're talking about instanced content here. That whole "reward" stuff is retarded. You play the game because it is fun, not to get rewards as a dog expects something from his master after he fetches something.

ALso, what about people who start wow after the end of the expansion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    What persistent play ? We're talking about instanced content here. That whole "reward" stuff is retarded. You play the game because it is fun, not to get rewards as a dog expects something from his master after he fetches something.

ALso, what about people who start wow after the end of the expansion ?
    We're not talking about just instanced content here. And what about folks who start after the end of an expansion? Oh well, stick around and be part of the next one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    We're not talking about just instanced content here. And what about folks who start after the end of an expansion? Oh well, stick around and be part of the next one.
    MoP cloak questline was 99 % instanced though (except the parts requiring you to grind reputation).I think if anyone want to put in time to grind the old MoP raids (and the reputation), they deserve at least to see the questline.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-07-29 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its one of the ways to force people to sub at least for 2-3 months during expansion to get it done - they are afraid that people wouldnt play it at all only be doin it 4-5 years later.

if game is shit then devs have to do stuff like this to up sub numbers
    The real reason is so people like you have things to make shit troll posts about.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how you talk about the quest chain as a story element, but in reality only three parts from the ring chain is worth it from a story point. That is the first part with the Timeless Area where you kill a Drake, second part where you have Cordana and last part with Garona. Doesn't sound like it is special at all. The same with the Cloak quest, most of the interesting stuff was only talking parts.

I think they should keep the quest chains, but remove the rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Other Legendary quests have been in for longer and still are.

Why remove these two.
    so please tell me, how i can go get aetiesh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why? To create a false pride for people who are such a nobodies in the real life that they have to rely on in-game unobtainable items to cherish their pride, aka special snowflake syndrome people.
    Look at this sad nobody be mad over the fact, that they didn't get their cloak or ring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    The reason that legendary items become unobtainable after some time is because they are intended to be legendary items.

I think a lot of it has to do with reducing time of development and lowering development cost. The more simplified the content or the less content in general, the more streamlined development is (IE they don't have to pay someone to keep everything working correctly). Naturally Blizzard will never tell you this, instead they'll tell you its because of xyz, but it is a rather large factor.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2016-07-29 at 11:02 PM.

To encourage players to participate in Legendary quest chains TODAY, rather than just not doing it. Legendary quests are a big reason I play alts actively, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, Blizzard aren't listening. Me, and many others have tried in vain to change their mindset on this matter for a very long time.

Personally I have mostly stopped caring, and instead just play at my pace and level.
    I once played WoW way too seriously, and I too, did get the high end rewards for my time spent playing. But that wasn't playing a game, it was like a second job, and it was not going to last.

Playing WoW as a filthy casual has both been less rewarding, in terms of all kinds of rewards in-game. But, also more rewarding, having it be just a game instead of feel like some chore and endless grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limited time events generate subs. The end.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    The reason that legendary items become unobtainable after some time is because they are intended to be legendary items.
    Legendary items wouldn't be obtainable by the overwhelming majority of current subscribers if they were trying to adhere to the title of "Legendary." I have no qualms about limited-time items like CM cosmetics or legendary cloak/ring, though.

Pandaren were a mistake