Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That competitor clause in their contract was just waiting for someone to file suit for damages. I wish someone would have.
    Most of them were young and therefore prone to just this type of exploitation. Also, as you can see from this very thread there will always be people who defend this type of shady / illegal shit. If any of them considered it who knows what kind of advice they'd be given.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I remember that episode, was the first time i saw him not being able to do anything. Any other episodes (if so, how many) where he left without helping, or has been forced to leave?

The owner seemed to always be on the edge of being deported. I've actually been by the restaurant, they seemed proud of the fact that they were on the show, even though they looked like complete dicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who think reality tv is real. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    People who think reality tv is real. Sigh.
    You're right, and all those news posts, other interviews, comments from other dining areas in the area, former employees, law investigations.. They were aaaaaaall in on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes a TV series has ended that I don't watch, what will I ever do? WHERE'S MY SEASON 2 OF RICK AND MORTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Oh noes a TV series has ended that I don't watch, what will I ever do? WHERE'S MY SEASON 2 OF RICK AND MORTY?
    ... What? Seriously, what?

The shirts they sell are funny at least. One says "Here's your pizza, go fuck yourself!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    ... What? Seriously, what?
    Oh sorry, the restaurant closed. RICK AND MORTY, WHERE IS IT?

Never heard of it till this thread and watched the YT video.

"Dont stick your dick in crazy" comes to mind. I hate to be cliche, but sometimes with women you can just look at them and know that the gears aren't aligned just right...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Oh god, I remember this one. She had lunatic eyes, i’m astonished it took this long for that place to flounder.
    She looks like this puppet from spitting image.
    https://youtu.be/bRywkch8Cco?t=18m41s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Oh sorry, the restaurant closed. RICK AND MORTY, WHERE IS IT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The series was first announced during Adult Swim's 2012 Upfront presentation.[17] Adult Swim ordered 10 half-hour episodes (not including the pilot) to comprise the first season.[18][19] Matt Roller, a writer for the series, confirmed via Twitter that the network renewed Rick and Morty for a second season, which premiered on July 26, 2015.[20] The third season is expected to air in October 2016.
    There ya go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I'm pretty sure her husband was associated with the mob, and he was laundering money out of that restaurant. Thick Italian accent, really old dude who had a ton of money to give his young trophy wife to open a baking company? There's no way that place stayed in business the way it was operating.
    Yeah, 23 year age difference...I think he even implied that he was associated with the mob in the television episode.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The employees signed a contract to allow them to, if they didn't agree with it they shouldn't have signed the contract

- - - Updated - - -

They can when they sign a contract allowing them to.
    The right wing excuses are as always totally insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You keep repeating and I have acknowledge but you fail to understand my point of view. They did sign a contract that they would not take tips, I have been trying to find anyone saying that contract is illegal and all the news sites slamming Amy's baking company never said anything in the contract was illegal.

I am in no ways saying every thing in the contract is legal but until I find proof the contract was illegal I will hold my opinion they did nothing illegal.
    Contracts that violate Federal Law are meaningless. You can't legally bind someone to a contract that violates Federal or State Laws. I would think this was pretty obvious, but now you know if you didn't already know.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    And where exactly is this place, with a minimum wage of 2.13?

Pretty much every bar and restaurant in the USA in the year of 2016 this min wage in this industry has not been changed for over 20 years

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt matter if you sign a contract if the contract wording in and of itself is ILLEGAL, really common sense but right wingers dont have much of that. but if you sign a contract to get someone killed or to steal someones property that is obviously not legal. and stealing property is what the tip theft is all about.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The part that got me was the section talking about weekend and holidays. Sure they can require you to work those days. If you don't show, then you don't get paid and you could lose your job if they choose. But how can they "fine" you $250 out of pay you already earned? that sounds illegal as hell. And I'm not talking about paying for shit you broke. Specifically having your paycheck docked beyond not getting your hours for the day. By all means don't pay me if I don't show up that day. But you better pay me for time already worked.

Had a similar situation where an employer wanted me to sign a ridiculous contract when I informed him I was leaving. Keep in mind there was no employee contract prior. Who the hell would sign a contract while leaving? Since he tried to not pay my last check over that, I got a lawyer to send a letter stating he cannot hold my wages for something like that. Couple days after my check arrived in the mail. He also called with all sorts of threats when he got that lawyer letter, but at that point I just ignored them and was happy to be done with his craziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabalas View Post
    The part that got me was the section talking about weekend and holidays. Sure they can require you to work those days. If you don't show, then you don't get paid and you could lose your job if they choose. But how can they "fine" you $250 out of pay you already earned? that sounds illegal as hell. And I'm not talking about paying for shit you broke. Specifically having your paycheck docked beyond not getting your hours for the day. By all means don't pay me if I don't show up that day. But you better pay me for time already worked.

Had a similar situation where an employer wanted me to sign a ridiculous contract when I informed him I was leaving. Keep in mind there was no employee contract prior. Who the hell would sign a contract while leaving? Since he tried to not pay my last check over that, I got a lawyer to send a letter stating he cannot hold my wages for something like that. Couple days after my check arrived in the mail. He also called with all sorts of threats when he got that lawyer letter, but at that point I just ignored them and was happy to be done with his craziness.
    I'm fairly certain that even fining employees for breaking dishes is technically illegal, it's just that many servers don't complain.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm fairly certain that even fining employees for breaking dishes is technically illegal, it's just that many servers don't complain.
    Idk if they agree to it contractually it's on them.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We don't need a source to say they violated the law. Federal regulations state that an employer cannot take an employees tips under any circumstances. Therefore, the contract is unenforceable.
    Is there any part of that contract that do not violate the law? Here, it's illegal to charge business exploitation fee to an employe, broken stuff and burned food being part of the business exploitation fee. Also, 250$ if you don't show up for an shift, hell no, not legal.

So yeah, signing a contract is void if that contract violate law, basic 101.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads