+ 2

*Continues listening to same song on loop until he hates himself*

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 2

is it at least somewhat catchy and has about equally stupid video to accompany it?

https://youtu.be/ITfanx1Fbcs?t=30

+4
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

– Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 97°F (36°C) out side right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mjanaprik View Post
    Hai MJ, formerly known as KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    the treatment for it is essentially deal with the fact that you're getting older, and if it doesn't clear up after a few months, a shot of cortisone.
    Edit: BTW, Deal with the fact that you're getting older, and if it still hurts in a few months get a shot of cortisone is an incredibly common treatment in orthopedics.
    I would "deal with the fact that I'm getting older" If I was at least in my 30's

If you're in you're late 20s/30s it might literally be nothing but AC joint arthritis
    It may very well be, but given no symptoms, how did you come to that conclusion?

it might literally be nothing but AC joint arthritis, which, if painful, will usually clear up a few months after first symptoms.
    It's been about 5 months since the pain started, and maybe about a year since I first noticed the issue. I had x-ray taken and everything showed up normal, as far as the x-ray could see. I'm going to do 2 months of PT, and if things don't get better then we are going to do an MRI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 2

I do that way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    It's 97°F (36°C) out side right now
    +8°c (46°F) here, i'd take about 10°c from you if I could.

Hai MJ, formerly known as KJ.
    it's a temp change, used to check a possible theory, turns out it was a false hunch
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a drink of water and drooled on myself, like the derp I am.

- - - Updated - - -

+8°c (46°F) here, i'd take about 10°c from you if I could.
    That would be wonderful.

it's a temp change, used to check a possible theory, turns out it was a false hunch

It's decided then, Moving to Reykjavík mid next month which means I'll no longer have my garage... So i'll have to sell 3 out of my 4 cars(including the jeep I just bought 2 weeks ago ) and all my welding equipment and stuff ;_;

It may very well be, but given no symptoms, how did you come to that conclusion?

It's been about 5 months since the pain started, and maybe about a year since I first noticed the issue. I had x-ray taken and everything showed up normal, as far as the x-ray could see. I'm going to do 2 months of PT, and if things don't get better then we are going to do an MRI.
    Because it's something almost all people experience at some point in their lives, and if you have to beg the doc for even something like PT they don't think it's something major, and that's something that's not major but can be pretty painful, especially if you try to utilize full motion of your shoulder. If I remember right, you're a weight lifter, so especially something like working your triceps with free weights is something that will exacerbate the issue, or trying to stretch out your lats/shoulder by pulling your elbow over your head. It's usually something that's pretty easy to diagnose though, as you can literally press on the joint to figure it out, it's something you can even do yourself if you know exactly where the ac joint is. The pain will really switch on when you get on it, but when it's painful from normal motion, the pain won't seem to be coming from that area (your body doesn't really have the same type of accurate pain awareness in the shoulder as it does in something like your hand).

So nothing really, except for stats (which is why I mentioned age, but also that you lift) and the way you portrayed the doctor's reluctance to do anything. Like I said, just could be. Don't get me wrong, there are other thing that weight lifters have go wrong with their shoulders, but I'm sure, as a lifter, you know that.

Also, I wasn't saying you're old. I don't know how old you are, but I'd guess mid-late 20s. Which is the youngish edge for degenerative arthritis (basically, pain you have to start living with) that pretty much everyone gets. I always thought it started happening later, like mid-late 30s, and that's when it happens for most people, but it's not uncommon by any means for it to occur earlier.

+ 5

This is surprisingly good.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 6

Because it's something almost all people experience at some point in their lives
    Which is fine, but I have a bit harder time accepting a diagnosis like that, at the age of 26. If it is arthritis of my AC joint, I will accept it and deal with it. I just don't think the physician should act like my shoulder is completely healthy.

if you have to beg the doc for even something like PT they don't think it's something major
    Having lots of "popping" and rough movement in my shoulder plus pain, he was brushing off the idea that my shoulder wasn't completely fine.
    I think it's asinine to brush off a patient's concerns when they are having difficulty with exercises, pain, rough movement, and "popping" that the physician can feel.
    As you said, it may not be something major, but brushing off a patient's concerns in such a way is silly. He wasn't willing to say what it might be or what it might not be, but just kinda brushed off the idea that there was anything wrong.

I had x-rays taken and my AC joint looks normal. If I did have arthritis you'd think it would show up in an x-ray.

If I remember right, you're a weight lifter, so especially something like working your triceps with free weights is something that will exacerbate the issue, or trying to stretch out your lats/shoulder by pulling your elbow over your head.
    Makes perfect sense.

It's usually something that's pretty easy to diagnose though, as you can literally press on the joint to figure it out, it's something you can even do yourself if you know exactly where the ac joint is. The pain will really switch on when you get on it, but when it's painful from normal motion, the pain won't seem to be coming from that area (your body doesn't really have the same type of accurate pain awareness in the shoulder as it does in something like your hand)
    I've been feeling the pain and discomfort within the socket itself, not higher up like where the AC joint is. That may or may not be where the issue is, but that's definitely where the pain and discomfort is felt.

Also, I wasn't saying you're old. I don't know how old you are, but I'd guess mid-late 20s. Which is the youngish edge for degenerative arthritis
    Which is why I thought it was interesting to diagnose the issue as AC arthritis when I'm mind 20's right now, unless it is common for weight lifters to develop at a younger age?

I appreciate your input on the matter. Do you work in a medical field currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    + 5

This is surprisingly good.

That was really good! I absolutely love the original and that was a great cover.

+ 6

Which is fine, but I have a bit harder time accepting a diagnosis like that, at the age of 26. If it is arthritis of my AC joint, I will accept it and deal with it. I just don't think the physician should act like my shoulder is completely healthy.

Having lots of "popping" and rough movement in my shoulder plus pain, he was brushing off the idea that my shoulder wasn't completely fine.
    I think it's asinine to brush off a patient's concerns when they are having difficulty with exercises, pain, rough movement, and "popping" that the physician can feel.
    As you said, it may not be something major, but brushing off a patient's concerns in such a way is silly. He wasn't willing to say what it might be or what it might not be, but just kinda brushed off the idea that there was anything wrong.

I had x-rays taken and my AC joint looks normal. If I did have arthritis you'd think it would show up in an x-ray.

Makes perfect sense.

I've been feeling the pain and discomfort within the socket itself, not higher up like where the AC joint is. That may or may not be where the issue is, but that's definitely where the pain and discomfort is felt.

Which is why I thought it was interesting to diagnose the issue as AC arthritis when I'm mind 20's right now, unless it is common for weight lifters to develop at a younger age?

I appreciate your input on the matter. Do you work in a medical field currently?

That was really good! I absolutely love the original and that was a great cover.
    Arthritis doesn't always show up on x-rays (though neither do cuff tears).

No, my degree was in evolutionary biology, but I've been talking to my dad about his shoulder he had replaced (by the guy he was a resident with, who basically invented a lot of the modern scope techniques) for the past 20 years, and mine it starting to go through the same types of things he went through. It's nice having an ortho for a dad. His started with AC joint arthritis, then in his mid 40s he also had more serious than normal cuff degeneration (along with a torn bicep he got catching himself before he fell down some stairs, which, btw, looks crazy in person). So learning from my dad talking about it, and then researching it because it's something I'm also likely to experience. The blase way you made your doc sound, sounds a lot like my dad (not that he's your doc or some crazy small world crap like that, my dad retired last year) when my dad talks about things that normal wear and tear cause, or when "wait and see" is the best option.

BTW, I didn't diagnose anything, I just said it could be something as simple as AC joint arthritis. Bad pain in your shoulder that lasts for months is sometimes just bad pain in your shoulder that lasts for months, especially if there's no real injury event, where you can be like: this is when it happened.

Cuff tears also can happen at increased rates in lifters, especially if they quickly ramp up weight (or frankly, just lift more than the cuff ligaments can hold, even if they're not ramping up quickly), but ya, 26 is pretty early no matter what. If I'd known you were that young, I wouldn't really have suggested it.

+1

+ 2

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.