@Sydanyo:

The Bernie Revolution will not end with his loss to Hillary. This from an article about Sanders:

"He told the paper the group would seek to support races ranging from school board contests to Congressional elections. Sanders also said that candidates needn't be Democrats, as long as they're progressive."

In the long run, him losing will be far more beneficial to our agenda than if he were President. Ultimately, Revolutions (more like an Evolution but whatever) are won from the ground up. During the primaries, Sanders established himself as a good and competent leader. And one who fights hard for what he believes in, and wins a fair number of victories as well. Now he can take time to start building up ground forces, just like the Tea Party successfully did a decade ago, and which is still bearing a LOT of fruit for them. I hate the fact that the Tea Party was so effective in gaining so much power, and the best way to counter them, and maybe one day best them, is to copy their successful power building techniques.

This means full support for Hillary. And supporting his causes throughout the country to build up a solid base. The base that the Tea Party built is rock solid, and will last a long time. We need to build up our own base if we are going to compete with the successes they have enjoyed over the last decade, and continue to enjoy today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Interesting a comment from someone who posted to the 538 site about California acting like babies this week:

I'm a Californian who voted for Bernie ...
    Sounds like it could just be some PAC-paid Hillary shill. Reads just like something they'd write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Sounds like it could just be some PAC-paid Hillary shill. Reads just like something they'd write.
    Is it possible that you're setting up an echo chamber by labeling any dissenting views as being shills?

Goddamn this Muslim man is just scathingly destroying Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Is it possible that you're setting up an echo chamber by labeling any dissenting views as being shills?
    Problem is its works the other way too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't pull a no true Scotsman thing. It's utterly stupid and demeans the opinions of others.

Anyways, while I still dislike parading out parents, the story of Khan is so emotional

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The Bernie Revolution will not end with his loss to Hillary.
    Sure, he'll keep fighting till his dying day, as he has done most of his life. I was just saying that, assuming they're a big enough voting block, staying at home and not voting, or voting for a third party candidate, thus taking the win away from Hillary and the DNC, who already assume that she's won, would definitely make them stop and think for a moment.

Yeah, four years of Trump, SCotUS judges and all the other fearmongering... But also, probably a wake up call for the DNC. That's what I would call a protest.

You know what they say every time there's a bad product, right? Vote with your wallet. Well, in this case, just vote. Or don't vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man. When the Father of a slain Muslim solider said "Mr. Trump, you have sacrificed nothing" with tears in his eyes...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Oh man. When the Father of a slain Muslim solider said "Mr. Trump, you have sacrificed nothing" with tears in his eyes...
    Nothing more aptly demonstrates the vacuousness of Trump than Mr. Kahn.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Bernie wining WA state, a full two months before the vote was done, also Hillary shills or were they Bernie shills?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Don't pull a no true Scotsman thing. It's utterly stupid and demeans the opinions of others.
    Yeah, I agree it's stupid. But I didn't "pull" any such thing. The comment sounds like it's made up, period.

That was heartbreaking, but I still think that image of him holding the Constitution out and saying Trump could borrow it will be the most powerful moment of most of the convention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Been doing it the entire thread. The constant white knighting of the Bernie or Bust assholes.

That was so powerful. I can't even imagine the difficulty of having a child give the ultimate sacrifice for this country only to turn on the TV and have the leader of a party demonize and diminish you for your religion.

Man, as a Democrat:

Thank you Donald Trump for bringing the party together again to stop your bullshit. Thank you for letting the Democrats be able to be the party of United States pride again by shitting all over the country in your speeches.

Even when I disagree with the social justice crap they pull, its amazing to watch it wait until the DNC for the entire party to come together and show what Trump has wrought.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Problem is its works the other way too.
    Yes it does but when there are multiple independent sources saying one thing then it's probably true.

This general guy is like "FUCK YEA AMERICA" and I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Indeed, certain GOP voters must have the most awkward boners right now.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Also a hell of a lot more credible on Isis than trump

Wow, not sure how I feel about this guy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Skroe is up on the stage.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers