10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I just survived boot camp.

Loved him though

another amazing day. there's some weird spots, but on the whole speakers are knocking it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Yes it does but when there are multiple independent sources saying one thing then it's probably true.
    In this scenario, I don't think it could be considered an echo chamber for any view, because there is huge numbers on every side.

Damn son. That's hardcore.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

If you would have walked into a room seeing that speech by the General, you would have assumed it was the RNC.

This is what Trump has done to the political system. Let Democrats embrace the "Fuck yeah USA" mentality again.

Begone pacifist left!

Evidently, Democrats are now the National Security Party.

I for one, am loving this years Republicans National Convention presented by the DNC.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    How awesome would it be for this to turn into something bigger and a Muslim man be part of the reason why Trump loses.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    If you would have walked into a room seeing that speech by the General, you would have assumed it was the RNC.

This is what Trump has done to the political system. Let Democrats embrace the "Fuck yeah USA" mentality again.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. That is the kind of thing I always assumed would be at the RNC, but nope, fuck yea america from the DNC was amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Begone pacifist left!

I for one, am loving this years Republicans National Convention presented by the DNC.
    I love you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Sounds like Skroe is up on the stage.
    Oh I loved every minute of it. To quote my FB "General John Allen for President. Wow.".

He speaks the truth to an audience often used to hearing the opposite of what he was saying. And they loved it.

Begone pacifist left!

Democratic mainstream has always been pro army since at least the 80s. Not necessarily pro commander in chief, but pro army and pro positive action by the US. You might not realize it from the relentless propaganda effort from the right but its true.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Oh I loved every minute of it. To quote my FB "General John Allen for President. Wow.".

He speaks the truth to an audience often used to hearing the opposite of what he was saying. And they loved it.
    Can he just like, campaign with her everywhere and go fuck yea america every event?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Can he just like, campaign with her everywhere and go fuck yea america every event?
    I personally have zero issues with this

10+ Year Old Account
    The complete and total usurpation of long held GOP ideals in this convention is glaring. I know there is plenty that can happen in the next 100 or so days and I'm in a bit of a euphoric high right now. But I don't see how the GOP weathers this onslaught.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Democratic mainstream has always been pro army since at least the 80s. Not necessarily pro commander in chief, but pro army and pro positive action by the US. You might not realize it from the relentless propaganda effort from the right but its true.
    TO a degree that's true but policy is much more mixed.

On the plus side, one of the most patriotic things I've seen in my life time was Democrats voting to fully fund and support the surge after winning the 2006 midterms. It was not in their POLITICAL interests to continue (and escalate) the war, but it was in the national interests. And they put country first. I have heaped praise on this before and I have believed for a decade it is one of the most noble political acts I've seen. Republican's since 2010 compare poorly when it comes to reciprocating that.

On the negative side, it has been Barack Obama, and Barack Obama alone, that has held the defense budget hostage the last few years. Democrats and Republicans and congress both want to massively increase defense spending - needed because the Military that Reagan built is reaching retirement age and all those F-16s, Los Angels class subs and old vehicles all need to be replaced. Even a month and a half ago Congress overwhelmingly passed FY 2017 defense budget bills that Obama threatened to block because it didn't proportionately raise domestic spending (a ridiculous, arbitrary standard).

So when Allen promised that troops would be equipped with the best weapons, he wasn't lying. With Obama gone, the defense budget will grow by the 7% per year it needs to be growing again. And there needs to be a political barrier to future would-be Obamas from ever holding our country's military hostage in such a manner ever again.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, good old militancy.

Welp, best not be too critical or I'll be called before the Un-American Activities committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The complete and total usurpation of long held GOP ideals in this convention is glaring. I know there is plenty that can happen in the next 100 or so days and I'm in a bit of a euphoric high right now. But I don't see how the GOP weathers this onslaught.
    Kind of way too early to make any predictions. There will be a long fight ahead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Ah, good old militancy.

Welp, best not be too critical or I'll be called before the Un-American Activities committee.
    Seriously grow-up. If you have something to say, then say it. Your games grow wearisome.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Ah, good old militancy.

I figured you weren't gonna like this section. Although trump would put us in a worse position. Also, Khalil Khan was inspiring, admit it

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Well its easy... Hillary will open her mouth, and the flood of lies will begin to pour out of her hole. Then those independent and undecided voters will wake up from the fairy tale that is the DNC.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.