Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Can he just like, campaign with her everywhere and go fuck yea america every event?
    God I hope so. This should be very informative to Bernie Sanders and liberals though. It is people like General John Allen, in places like North Carolina, Virgina, Florida and Pennsylvannia, that will make Hillary President, appealing to conservatives like me and moderates, who are many in those places, rather than the narrow, narrow Bernie liberal population in those places.

Everything this week after Monday has been an utterly brilliant masterwork by the Democrats and tonight has been, so far, a cruise missile after cruise missile aimed at Donald Trump.

Clinton's campaign is doing everything they can to make it easy for anti-Trump Republicans to vote for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I figured you weren't gonna like this section. Although trump would put us in a worse position. Also, Khalil Khan was inspiring, admit it
    I teared up during the Khali Khan part.

His parent's speech, in my opinion, was by far the most effective speech given this week. It was the most brutal assault on Trump and Trumpism possible. They came to this country for a better future and sacrificed that future. What has Trump sacrificed comparably, to say the things he says?

Only the most cold blooded pro-Trump fanatic could possibly dispute the argument the father made. And they will, because they're so far gone, they don't know when to stop.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I figured you weren't gonna like this section. Although trump would put us in a worse position. Also, Khalil Khan was inspiring, admit it
    He was nice, and I liked his style, I'll give him that. But I am just not cotton to war talk.

Reminds me too much of George w. Bush and his fiasco in Iraq. I can never get my friend back from that, and seeing such hawkish talk does remind me of this run up. Considering Trump talks of mass killings across the Middle East it gives me little comfort to think that by voting for Hillary Clinton I'll get the same thing but with a better PR department.

He was great and his shots were perfect, but this militancy stuff is just too reminiscent of a past bad president.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Well its easy... Hillary will open her mouth, and the flood of lies will begin to pour out of her hole. Then those independent and undecided voters will wake up from the fairy tale that is the DNC.
    I wouldn't bet on it.

Especially after Wednesday. Donald Trump officially encouraged a foreign power to intervene in American democracy. And then he defended it when confronted.

No. There is no take backs. There is no compromise. Not with Trumpists. This is a zero sum election, and it's we Americans - liberals and conservatives alike who reject Trumps hard right anti-democratic extremism - who will defeat those who have sold their souls to Vladmir Putin because they thought of Hillary Clinton being President for 4 years enraged them so.

Apparently Fox News didn't show the Khali Khan speech....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Of course they wouldn't show the people who most show American values...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol... That card direction should have been before prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    He was nice, and I liked his style, I'll give him that. But I am just not cotton to war talk.

Reminds me too much of George w. Bush and his fiasco in Iraq. I can never get my friend back from that, and seeing such hawkish talk does remind me of this run up. Considering Trump talks of mass killings across the Middle East it gives me little comfort to think that by voting for Hillary Clinton I'll get the same thing but with a better PR department.

He was great and his shots were perfect, but this militancy stuff is just too reminiscent of a past bad president.
    You need to look at it from this perspective.

This military stuff if comfort food to the millennial age military (many of whom are pro-Trump), and conservative nationalistic voters. Many of them distrust Hillary, but are deeply uncomfortable with Trump as well.

Everything done this week is strategic. John Allen out there... all this military stuff which Democrats never do, is about cleaving a voter block where Trump is profoundly vulnerable off and making it okay for them to vote for Clinton. ANd remember, Clinton doesn't need all of them, just enough of them to make a different in Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida - all very pro-military states with big military presences.

I mean look at the pastor who was before all this. Where was he from? North Carolina.

This is 3D Chess on Clinton's part. It's putting the noose around Trump's neck by cleaving off sections of must-win Republican constituencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Well its easy... Hillary will open her mouth, and the flood of lies will begin to pour out of her hole
    You're free to link Politifact tomorrow. But somehow, I doubt "flood of lies" will be the verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it.

Especially after Wednesday. Donald Trump officially encouraged a foreign power to intervene in American democracy. And then he defended it when confronted.

No. There is no take backs. There is no compromise. Not with Trumpists. This is a zero sum election, and it's we Americans - liberals and conservatives alike who reject Trumps hard right anti-democratic extremism - who will defeat those who have sold their souls to Vladmir Putin because they thought of Hillary Clinton being President for 4 years enraged them so.
    You'd be surprised man. Don't forget that Trump got this far. I'm not predicting he will win or anything, but....don't underestimate the ignorance in this country.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    No surprise there.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

I... I think I'm the weird cousin.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Seriously grow-up. If you have something to say, then say it. Your games grow wearisome.
    Whatever do you mean?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    You'd be surprised man. Don't forget that Trump got this far. I'm not predicting he will win or anything, but....don't underestimate the ignorance in this country.
    Oh i don't. But Trump also got this far winning about what, 10 million voters total?

The winner of the General election will have to win about 65 million, give or take.

This will be a close election, because some people will NEVER vote Democrat and double-never vote Hillary. But from a moral standpoint, I stand by my comment. A vote for Donald Trump is a vote against American democracy, and Donald Trump made that case with is comments yesterday.

Any other year, you can be a patriotic American and vote for Republican or Democrat and just believe different things. But given the Republican candidate's praise of Putin and asking for Russian intervention into our election, you cannot be a patriotic American and support that man. Patriotic Americans don't seek deliverance from anti-American autocrats who seek to destroy Western liberal democracy. But Donald Trump did.

Interesting... Katy Perry just came out.

I find it odd that Trump's been a celebrity since in his 20's, but the best he could get to show up to his convention was Chachi from Happy Days. He's had to have met thousands of famous people during his lifetime. Meanwhile the Dems have had a star studded line up. Is it because people just don't like him who have met him ? You figure he would have powerful friends to come out and support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh i don't. But Trump also got this far winning about what, 10 million voters total?

The winner of the General election will have to win about 65 million, give or take.

This will be a close election, because some people will NEVER vote Democrat and double-never vote Hillary. But from a moral standpoint, I stand by my comment. A vote for Donald Trump is a vote against American democracy, and Donald Trump made that case with is comments yesterday.

Any other year, you can be a patriotic American and vote for Republican or Democrat and just believe different things. But given the Republican candidate's praise of Putin and asking for Russian intervention into our election, you cannot be a patriotic American and support that man. Patriotic Americans don't seek deliverance from anti-American autocrats who seek to destroy Western liberal democracy. But Donald Trump did.
    I generally agree with you. It'll be a mud slinging contest basically. That's what worries me a bit. Some people, have a more proper outlook on it, but there's a huge group that just enjoys the fight, and they may just reward the candidate that wins the name calling.

This is up on the internet already, bless you internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Interesting... Katy Perry just came out.

I find it odd that Trump's been a celebrity since in his 20's, but the best he could get to show up to his convention was Chachi from Happy Days. He's had to have met thousands of famous people during his lifetime. Meanwhile the Dems have had a star studded line up. Is it because people just don't like him who have met him ? You figure he would have powerful friends to come out and support him.
    He might be a celeb, but he's always been a "I'M THE STAR NO ONE ELSE" kind of celeb. Not really something that gets you popularity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    He might be a celeb, but he's always been a "I'M THE STAR NO ONE ELSE" kind of celeb. Not really something that gets you popularity.
    I was going to say, I think his reasoning is "I am the celebrity."

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's protesting. How would they protest while being respectful?
    Martin Luther King would have a word with you.

John Lewis gave a great interview today with a 16 year old activist who asked him what advice he had for millennials who wanted to make a difference in politics, since he had joined the Civil Rights movement at 17. He said to study nonviolence.

I said this earlier in the thread (or maybe some other thread), that this is literally history repeating itself: Malcolm vs. Martin. Black America didn't know how to reconcile Dr. King's dream with the nightmare Malcolm X saw on the streets. But ultimately, Malcolm himself realized that his methods - of riotous disobedience, of not listening, of shouting others down, of calling others the enemy - were being used against him to say black people were violent, ignorant people who didn't deserve the vote. Ultimately, it was Martin's view: that we must be united, we must elevate the discourse, and most of all, we have to be better than them, that would bring about change.

That's the one thing I'm not seeing from Bernie's supporters right now at the DNC - they're basically resorting to the same tactics of the Conservative Right for the last 30 years. You can protest without shouting other people down. You can change things without being supercilious and self-righteous. You say you want a revolution? I'm all for a revolution - but in this country, it has to be a revolution of steps, and not a revolution of dragging the majority of the country behind you because you're the smart one and everyone else is idiots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Martin Luther King would have a word with you.

John Lewis gave a great interview today with a 16 year old activist who asked him what advice he had for millennials who wanted to make a difference in politics, since he had joined the Civil Rights movement at 17. He said to study nonviolence.

I said this earlier in the thread (or maybe some other thread), that this is literally history repeating itself: Malcolm vs. Martin. Black America didn't know how to reconcile Dr. King's dream with the nightmare Malcolm X saw on the streets. But ultimately, Malcolm himself realized that his methods - of riotous disobedience, of not listening, of shouting others down, of calling others the enemy - were being used against him to say black people were violent, ignorant people who didn't deserve the vote. Ultimately, it was Martin's view: that we must be united, we must elevate the discourse, and most of all, we have to be better than them, that would bring about change.

That's the one thing I'm not seeing from Bernie's supporters right now at the DNC - they're basically resorting to the same tactics of the Conservative Right for the last 30 years. You can protest without shouting other people down. You can change things without being supercilious and self-righteous. You say you want a revolution? I'm all for a revolution - but in this country, it has to be a revolution of steps, and not a revolution of dragging the majority of the country behind you because you're the smart one and everyone else is idiots.
    Well said!
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Last year no one took Trump seriously. And the RNC sure as hell wasn't going to help him out.

And even with him saying the most controversial shit today...this race is still considered close.
    How the hell is that? Because Clinton seems to make a habit of doing the wrong thing.