Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'll miss it too, but not as badly as I first thought. The new changes to Prot play sorta like Gladiator in a way. Yes, they can't queue as 'dps' in a raid with it, but I barely feel it's left pvp wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post

Destro locks have been like that since mop.
    Actually, been seeing locks with over 1 million health bubble and doing absolutely nothing(standing still). Had to armory the guys who were doing it, they mostly have every lifesteal/healing talent, but nothing lines up even doing my 'napkin' math of their abilities. Soul Leech 'bubbles' of that magnitude that aren't bursting down when half a dozen people are focusing him would take something like a million dps to not only get, but keep 'growing'. Seems more like something is broke in the scaling on Soul Leech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    every warlock i've faced absorb damage like crazy.

were they always like this?
    Warlocks got Soul Leech baseline, and a talent that gives them a 1% HP shield every second, stacking up to 20% health. Affliction also has Drain Life as part of their baseline rotation, as well as further talents to give themselves tons of self healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's still 2-3 button crap, Overpower/Rend are DPS losses, you basically just have MS/CS/Slam until 20%.
    What you smokin? Overpower and Rend blow Slam out of the water for both DPET and DPR, and have MS beat to boot. If you mean that they aren't as good as the other talents in the tier, yea, sure, but if you decide to talent them for whatever reason, they are not a dps loss to use in your rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    I'll miss it too, but not as badly as I first thought. The new changes to Prot play sorta like Gladiator in a way. Yes, they can't queue as 'dps' in a raid with it, but I barely feel it's left pvp wise.

- - - Updated - - -
    I can que as tank in dps still. Unless it changes me when I enter.

They removed the part in the description of the moves saying they give a lot of threat, does anyone know if only the ppl that choose 'tank' as their role get the threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Orukmeta View Post
    I can que as tank in dps still. Unless it changes me when I enter.

They removed the part in the description of the moves saying they give a lot of threat, does anyone know if only the ppl that choose 'tank' as their role get the threat?
    If you queue as tank, it will switch you to Prot when you enter the dungeon. There is no Glad anymore. Prot = tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Orukmeta View Post
    does anyone know if only the ppl that choose 'tank' as their role get the threat?
    It doesn't auto switch you or make any changes based on your role. I ended up tanking three timewalk dungeons in a row with a DK in Blood who queued as DPS. In addition I was able to switch from Fury to Prot in an LFR. My guess is that this still applies: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...5666334#post-4

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I adored it, I loved that I was fighting with a Sword and a Shield. It made me feel like a proper warrior. Why can't Arms be the spec that lets you use sword and shield for dps? Why is it an issue to have a shield when dpsing? It ruins my class fantasy of being a knight.

At least they kept the gladiator stance animation effect for other abilityes, saw it a few times.

never tried it since i still was in grief from the removal of mop fury (i read a couple places it was similar to glad), but its clear how with artifacts this spec/talent was so not feasible to maintain since it would have to use the tank artifact with its tanking traits and its kinda understandable while at the same time not really being justifiable to have such a big amount of balancing go into it to make it work.

dont see how after legion it might not come back tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I didn't play WoD a whole lot, but its saving grace for me was Gladiator spec. Running round with multiple charges, heroic leap, intervene and shield charge bonking people with my shield has never been so much fun (except maybe when it dispelled magic effects in WoD season 1 and I could destroy disc priests and resto druids).

Here's hoping to see its glorious return at some point.
    Hey, if you liked that stuff, play a prot warrior then? Gladiator was a bad dps spec. Period. Those cool things were always protection warrior abilities and yea, pay the price and tank for your cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Hey, if you liked that stuff, play a prot warrior then? Gladiator was a bad dps spec. Period. Those cool things were always protection warrior abilities and yea, pay the price and tank for your cool stuff.
    No. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post

2. The rotation was kinda of retarded i would say. I mean you fucking pressing so many buttons its like fury x 2. And still got dwarfed by many other classes. felt unrewarding
    The high APM rotation was the best part of gladiator imo, way more fun than standing around waiting for cooldowns or hitting wirlwhind twice in a row because no rage/enrage. Especially during bloodlust I was spamming SS and HS and Devestate while watching the yellow numbers overlap as they flew out from the boss.
    And I wouldn't say I got dwarfed by other classes, I was consistently near the top of the DPS charts in both my guild raids and mythic dungeons.

And while Prot now has some of the mechanics that gladiator has, it does not have the same high pace that I liked, also Focused rage is no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    3-18% of mortal strike damage depending on perk level. That is only a 80k heal if you have it at 6/6. That is laughable 3.6% of your hp per mortal strike if you are hitting for 400k.
    You're not taking into account how often you can Mortal strike. That same 400k x 2 with Mortal combo, or with a decent crit will double the healing throughput. 3.6% x2 for crit is 7.2% of your hp, and with mortal combo that's a potential 14.4% of your hp in moments, all while fully dpsing the target. Don't underestimate a heal when its also dealing damage.