Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why would you even need one? Once my nails start hitting the keys on my keyboard before my fingers I snip them. Takes 30 secs and I'm struggling to think how that method can be improved to the point where it's worth money.

Maybe i'm just speaking from rural ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Perhaps he speaks from experience and finds both acts to be both extremely pleasurable and painful at the same time?

Or, more likely, he's just talking a load of nonsense to be inflammatory but I like my take on it better.
    Well, it does lend credence to the theory that people who are generally bigoted against X are also closeted X themselves.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    *I* don't even bother with manis/pedis, I can't imagine dating a man who was high-maintenance enough to get them.
    I can get behind that. It's definitely, without question, very high-maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I'm sensing a bit of a man complex. There's many beautiful woman that like a man who grooms himself in the detail. It's been like this for a while now, sorry if you missed the train. I did it once for vacation. You do know that men wear makeup on tv too? Damn, they all must be gay :/

Just had a funny picture in my head of somebody landing a tv job, then quitting angrily when they try and cover up some of his blemishes lol. "You all are gay" in a blind rage!
    That's like saying most men wear movie quality makeup every day because it's a part of their job. I'm literally begging for someone to have the mental capacity to understand that "most" men do not do this.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I don't personally do it, but I wouldn't be opposed to one. I don't think it's really indicitive of sexuality anymore, either.

Maybe he's doing it to mack on the hot chicks at the salon.

An old Andy Griffith episode that comes to mind...
    https://youtu.be/--kCIQNlEG8

If you're secure with your sexuality you should be able to do it. Besides, women enjoy it for more than nice looking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Perhaps he speaks from experience and finds both acts to be both extremely pleasurable and painful at the same time?

Or, more likely, he's just talking a load of nonsense to be inflammatory but I like my take on it better.
    Pretty sure you just insulted the gay dude and all gay people you're talking to by trying to insult me. Good job, brainiac!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Why would you even need one? Once my nails start hitting the keys on my keyboard before my fingers I snip them. Takes 30 secs and I'm struggling to think how that method can be improved to the point where it's worth money.

Basically caring a lot about looks today is a thing. Some appreciate it, some don't care much.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    I can get behind that. It's definitely, without question, very high-maintenance.
    Suuuuuuure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post

When you get into specific jobs, appearance is everything. How people perceive you means everything as well. The person getting the manicure may not even necessarily want it. There's a reason people judge each other over the price of their clothing and whatnot. Humans are pretty judgemental creatures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Suuuuuuure.
    I don't understand. You don't think getting a manicure/pedicure is high-maintenance?

Pretty sure you just insulted the gay dude and all gay people you're talking to by trying to insult me. Good job, brainiac!
    Oh forgive me, but there's men that get manicures that will have more girls in their lifetime than you will have in a dozen lifetimes.

That's like saying most men wear movie quality makeup every day because it's a part of their job. I'm literally begging for someone to have the mental capacity to understand that "most" men do not do this.
    I'm literally begging to you to have the balls to admit that it doesn't take a gay to go for manicures. Not that you can actually prove it either, judging from your evasive inflammatory replies.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

I don't understand. You don't think getting a manicure/pedicure is high-maintenance?
    I think it is, but I don't think you would get behind the idea of actually getting one yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I'm literally begging to you to have the balls to admit that it doesn't take a gay to go for manicures. Not that you can actually prove it either, judging from your evasive inflammatory replies.
    Feminine men get them. I already proved that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I grew up in the country and only have lived in the city for the past 2 years. Went to a simple barber most of my life. I was at a new barber today getting my head shaved and I noticed a man in his 50's getting a manicure from one of the ladies. I'm curious if men are doing this now? Nothing wrong with it, I've just never seen it before. Is it a new trend for men?
    Its normal, not a lot of guys do it.

Not if we respect their decision to use dildos.

On the other hand, you believe in the delusion that it's not an insult to all males in general by insisting they are gay if they go for manicures, even though it's not a sexual act to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is, but I don't think you would get behind the idea of actually getting one yourself.
    I should have phrased what I was trying to say better. I can definitely see why you would think I meant what you think I meant.

All I meant was: "I can definitely get behind the opinion that getting a manicure/pedicure is very high maintenance."

That said, if one of my daughters asked me to go with them to get a manicure for whatever reason, I wouldn't even think twice. Not sure why you think I wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Oh forgive me, but there's men that get manicures that will have more girls in their lifetime than you will have in a dozen lifetimes.
    There's men who murder people that will have more girls in their lifetime than you will have in a dozen lifetimes.

See how stupid and meaningless that is to say?

Feminine men get them. I already proved that.
    Feminine men are not necessarily gay. Not to mention, you merely raised isolated examples of feminine men going for manicures, which isn't conclusive evidence whatsoever that men who go for manicures are *all* gay/feminine.

I should have phrased what I was trying to say better. I can definitely see why you would think I meant what you think I meant.

All I meant was: "I can definitely get behind the opinion that getting a manicure/pedicure is very high maintenance."

That said, if one of my daughters asked me to go with them to get a manicure for whatever reason, I wouldn't even think twice. Not sure why you think I wouldn't do it.
    But but but, you must be gay if you do it. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I don't personally do it, but I wouldn't be opposed to one. I don't think it's really indicitive of sexuality anymore, either.

Maybe he's doing it to mack on the hot chicks at the salon.

An old Andy Griffith episode that comes to mind...
    https://youtu.be/--kCIQNlEG8
    i remember a quote from that episode "He got a real pretty mouth ain't he?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Pimps get manicures.
    Gotta keep the pimp hand strong you know.