Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Which is still not an absolute. Which is what you were making out to be, in your very first post in this thread.

Which isn't what was being argued. What's being argued is that you said that the 50 y/o male who went for a manicure was "definitely gay". So you think that males who go for manicures are definitely gay, and despite attempts on our part to fish for any sort of statistical proof from you, you evade it by use of false equivalencies("manicures = shoving a dildo up one's ass") or by isolated anecdotes.
    He was gay for sure. 50 year old straight men are too old to care about what they look like.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Your claim was that your feminine guy friends with manicures get more ladies than your friends without manicures. You're literally saying that manicures are the driving factor behind their success with women. Which is extremely stupid. I can imagine someone living in a basement actually believing something like that, but no normal human would agree with you.
    You have a comprehension problem. I said some guys I know that get manicures have lots of success with the ladies. I didn't say getting a manicure will get you a girl as a law of nature lol.

Rofl yea that $20+ dollar manicure is exactly as important as brushing your teeth, kiddo.

Take a break from both for a year and tell me which degrades faster. This is like dealing with a queue of dense people.
    Right, because it's dense to point out that you trade in absolutes stemming out of a fundamental misunderstanding of sexuality and gross bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I've had a manicure once in my life, and that was right before my wedding. Since we were going to have photos taken of our hands/rings, she asked if I'd be willing to get a manicure.
    According to LiiLoSNK, you are gay, sorry to break it to you. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    What makes a man gay is liking other men, not getting their nails trimmed.
    Most modern people would understand that. Unfortunately, there are still specimens stuck in the 60's or something.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Rofl yea that $20+ dollar manicure is exactly as important as brushing your teeth, kiddo.

Take a break from both for a year and tell me which degrades faster. This is like dealing with a queue of dense people.
    Once again the master of dodging things and spinning the story strikes. You make wild assumptions based on nothing that was said then try to act like others are idiots because you can't stay on track, brilliant.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    You have a comprehension problem. I said some guys I know that get manicures have lots of success with the ladies. I didn't say getting a manicure will get you a girl as a law of nature lol.
    So you're saying that it was completely pointless for you to bring that up? If it means nothing, that seems pointless. Some guys you know get lots of women, but it's not because of the manicures?

Pure genius right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again the master of dodging things and spinning the story strikes. You make wild assumptions based on nothing that was said then try to act like others are idiots because you can't stay on track, brilliant.
    You're the one who just compared the 2. Now you can't explain yourself?

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with you on the teeth brushing vs manicure being absurd, but you have some pretty dated ideals man. That's why you're having such a hard time. You're maintaining your stance even in the face of a bunch of men telling you otherwise.

At the same time though, it really just feels like you're trying to be contrary. I've seen some of your thoughts on things in other threads as well and this is pretty typical of you. I could be wrong of course.

He was gay for sure. 50 year old straight men are too old to care about what they look like.
    Evidence? No, your alleged psychic powers don't count.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

So you're saying that it was completely pointless for you to bring that up? If it means nothing, that seems pointless. Some guys you know get lots of women, but it's not because of the manicures?

Pure genius right there.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one who just compared the 2. Now you can't explain yourself?
    I asked you a question, I am sorry you don't know what "?" is or how that changes a sentence. Have fun chasing your tail in this and future threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    I agree with you on the teeth brushing vs manicure being absurd, but you have some pretty dated ideals man. That's why you're having such a hard time. You're maintaining your stance even in the face of a bunch of men telling you otherwise.

At the same time though, it really just feels like you're trying to be contrary. I've seen some of your thoughts on things in other threads as well and this is pretty typical of you. I could be wrong of course.
    It wasn't one verses the other. It was a question of when taking care of yourself goes from mandatory or smart behavior to absolutely being gay or strange.

Evidence? No, your alleged psychic powers don't count.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ks-decade.html

Boom straight from daily male. The most credible and factual news site on the entire internet.

I don't know where you get that idea from. I know plenty of men 50+ that put a fair amount of time and effort into their appearances. Some want to look good for their significant other, some want to look good for themselves, and then there's my 73 year old father that gets a weekly manicure and goes to a proper barber to get his hair and beard trimmed because he's out looking for single women.

For someone that keeps asking people to provide proof of anything they say, you seem to make a lot of absurd statements of fact.
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post

It's not my fault that people keep disagreeing with my genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't one verses the other. It was a question of when taking care of yourself goes from mandatory or smart behavior to absolutely being gay or strange.
    I wasn't commenting on what you meant. I was just commenting on what he turned your words into. Not to worry, I very clearly understood what you were saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol yes, thank you for confirming my hunch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ks-decade.html

Boom straight from daily male. The most credible and factual news site on the entire internet.
    So your argument is that gays are not male now?

Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

Pure genius right there.
    It was a response to you saying it's not common, and it's a feminine thing, which would prove its not.

I don't think I've seen quite a special case like this...

Do you mind if I quote that in my signature?

I used to get mine done every two weeks in my 20s and 30s. Call me metro-sexual or whatever. But as a man nearing 50, we have to pay closer attention to our body. Especially if diabetes is rampant in the family blood, taking care of your feet is #2 priority after diet.

Edit: hands and feet done every two weeks.***
    Last edited by Bytch; 2016-07-29 at 05:12 AM.

There's no influx in manicures so how am I supposed to get proof?

Prove it exists. Not the other way around, genius.
    You could try Google.

There's articles from TIME magazine talking about how it's becoming more and more popular- noting too that Snoop Dog, Johnny Depp, David Beckham all not only get manicures but get their nails painted. Google also lists Seal, Brad Pitt, Price Harry and many others who also get their nails done and painted.

TIME also mentions male only nail salons are springing up- "Hamer and Nails" which serves free beer with their manicures:

There's Men's Health articles promoting manicures, and also websites recommending men should get a manicure before a job interview because otherwise you can give a sloppy impression when you give that firm handshake.

Or you can continue to insist that only gay and feminine mail get manicures- I wonder though, how do you know? Do you often go into nail salons and check to see how many men to women are in there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never gotten a manicure as I take care of my own fingers and nails, but I do get a pedicure probably twice a year. A nice foot and calf massage with other stuff like getting rid of the dead skin and such. Money well spent.

So your argument is that gays are not male now?
    1.8% of men identify as gay.

So the survey would statistically be taken by mostly straight men.

if 98% of the men who took the poll were straight, then 98% of them stop caring about how they look past the age of 46.

That means, by the numbers themselves, that the 50 year old guy was less likely to be straight.

Get math'd, son.