Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    TBH, it seemed too much anti-Trump to me. She needs to focus on Hillary and what Hillary is going to do for our country. Not place herself as the anti-Trump candidate. Tell us why we should vote for her. Billing yourself as anti-Trump doesn't win her any votes, IMO.
    Well all she has is the Anti trump card. After all she is now running on most of Bernie sanders platform and not much of her own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well all she has is the Anti trump card. After all she is now running on most of Bernie sanders platform and not much of her own.
    What percentage of the words do you think Trump occupied during DNC?

Oh and just wondering. Didn't watch the damn thing. Just clocked off from 14 hour work day, bitches...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-07-29 at 05:24 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Cmon guys get past the 1940's nazi meme.
    It's not just a meme anymore. Whether or not Trump is a fascist has been an ongoing debate for a while now, and the fact that it wasn't immediately swatted down (like the debate "is Donald Trump gay?") is not helping him, a man who literally quoted Mussolini and praised Hussein.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So, what you are saying, is that there are a lot of reasons?

The way I like to put it... Even his colleagues don't want to have him in their football league. He is the kid who gets pissed off that no one picks him to play ball (NFL). So, he starts his own ball game (USFL). Then, at the moment when his new friends least expect it (his main competition in USFL was dying from cancer), he shit on them and runs to the principle at school (lawsuit). The principle shakes his finger at his old friends (Trump won the case against NFL's monopoly) and then gives Trump a lollipop (he was rewarded 3 dollars), while telling him to stop being a brat (the jury states that it was an obvious and conniving attempt at getting an NFL team). His new friends never played a game (it nailed the coffin shut for USFL).

But, I like sports...

- - - Updated - - -

His joke about Russia hacking the US might have convinced me to vote Clinton. I made my choice on Trump 20 years ago, but I don't want to do a lesser of two evils vote. Although, WA is going blue, I'll most likely still write in Spider Jerusalem.
    The real joke is that the Democrats think that by crying out that the russians hacked the dnc that everyone will forget about what was in all those emails.
    A bigger joke is that one of our parties would then have been bamboozled by Russia....again.
    Or the fact that it makes no sense why Putin would want trump to be president. Putin knows the Clintons more than he knows Trump. Its probably safer to play with the same toys putin has been playing with.

Basically your being duped by the dems.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Not to mention, she doesn't need to win far lefties - by the time November rolls around, Trump is going to be so awful and terrifying that most of us will be pulling the lever for her anyway, even if we plan to turn right around and oppose virtually everything she does. Very few liberals in swing states are going to walk into the booth and tell themselves "yeah, my conscience is fine with Trump winning because my I'd rather vote for the vanity Green party than for Hillary".
    Exactly. I don't know if you've seen my other posts this week, but it comes down to this. As of the last week thereabouts, Trumps' moved from being a racist, sexist, authoritarian (etc.etc.) but largely domestic menace to being a national security issue.

This is no longer about liberals versus conservatives, Democrats versus Republicans. This is about Americans who live liberal democracy defending it against an illiberal tool of a Vladmir Putin.

I look at it from the other side. There will be many things on Hillary's domestic agenda I will oppose. But there is nothing she could possibly do in that regard that will truly threaten the future of this country, no matter how much I disagree with it. We'll all be fine. Conservatism will survive Hillary Clinton. Voting for her is easy. This is the easiest election I'm ever going to vote in. Because no matter what else he says or does, Donald Trump is the man who implored Russia to hack his rival and interfere with American Democracy (after it had already done so). That is fundamentally disqualifying.

This isn't anymore an election about political interests. It is about national interests. You either vote for Hillary Clinton, the candidate of traditional American liberal Democracy, that Democrats and Republicans alike built over generations, or you vote for Donald Trump, Putinista illiberalism come to America, who as Khan pointed out tonight, is a charlatan of the greatest order.

The DNC had had many great speeches, but Khan's speech is the one that mattered and the one that will destroy Trump and anyone like him, forever.

haha, good point! I'm kind of curious to see what these new supposed wikileaks emails have in them.

The other thing I had a good laugh at, was when she said the world is watching this election. Really, at this point, with a Hillary and a Trump ticket, I highly doubt the world gives a crap about us and what happens with us. They have their own stuff do deal with on an everyday basis. The US occupies probably less than 10 seconds of their thought process per day. And that's probably just a 'look at the US and their Douche Bag vs Turd Sandwich presidential election.

Granted, if in a few months it looks like Trump will win, it'll probably be cause for concern and more talk, but right now - no one cares.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2016-07-29 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Can I just point out how fucking baffling it is that some asshole billionaire can sit there and attack Wall Street and people think he's not engaging in massive cognitive dissonance?
    Are you aware Hilary Clinton is some asshole billionaire too who attacks Wallstreet, and at the same time used to get payed huge sums of money to speak in favor of Wallstreet at Wallstreet events. Do you really buy the Grandma Hilary bit? She is as machiavellian as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    His joke about Russia hacking the US might have convinced me to vote Clinton. I made my choice on Trump 20 years ago, but I don't want to do a lesser of two evils vote. Although, WA is going blue, I'll most likely still write in Spider Jerusalem.
    He wasn't joking.

Retroactively calling something a joke is how Donald J Trump always lies.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    TBH, it seemed too much anti-Trump to me. She needs to focus on Hillary and what Hillary is going to do for our country. Not place herself as the anti-Trump candidate. Tell us why we should vote for her. Billing yourself as anti-Trump doesn't win her any votes, IMO.
    Indeed. "She's not Trump" will fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    looking at the speeches tonight, democrats are angling to be more of the warmonger party than the republicans. considering who their nominee is, it's not a shock.

sanders' political revolution is a failure, tonight cemented it. the only hope to change the system now, is to break it with trump. or elect that anti-science nutjob stein.
    Yeah Sanders failed! Its not like he got a shitload of his policies into the platform.

FAILED.

Hillary doesn't have the speaking ability of the others, but it was a solid speech with some good lines. My favorite is, "If you can be baited with a tweet then you shouldn't control nuclear weapons." or something close to that. It's spot on. There are many reasons you shouldn't vote for Trump, him being hotheaded top among them.

but she isn't bernie
    no, she isn't. never will be. the closest thing you're gonna get to having Bernie in office is Clinton. accept it and move on.

if you really care about what Bernie stands for then take action. get involved yourself and influence government to change. don't just bitch on a forum and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's not just a meme anymore. Whether or not Trump is a fascist has been an ongoing debate for a while now, and the fact that it wasn't immediately swatted down (like the debate "is Donald Trump gay?") is not helping him, a man who literally quoted Mussolini and praised Hussein.
    The U.S government was also very keen with the ex leader of Libya and how he told us all about Al-qaida and kept them out of Libya as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Yes and I'm going to take your word for it because Trumpists are such an honest and non-biased folk.
    Holy hell anything to ignore facts right? Never once have I said I supported trump for all you know I could not even be voting in this election.

As a Trump supporter, are you sure quoting a German official badmouthing foreigners and blaming the country's problems on them was a great place to start? Surely there are some French, or UK, or other less...um...fuck it, there's no delicate way to say it. Something less inflammatory to the whole "Trump is a Nazi" discussion? I mean, there's gotta be at least one Allied source you could find.
    As I said before I never said I support trump and I quoted a german official because germany has been the country that opened their borders to the refugees with open arms?

Quote Originally Posted by keyblade01 View Post
    Are you aware Hilary Clinton is some asshole billionaire too who attacks Wallstreet, and at the same time used to get payed huge sums of money to speak in favor of Wallstreet at Wallstreet events. Do you really buy the Grandma Hilary bit? She is as machiavellian as they come.
    Dang that's some paranoia there.

I just love the argument of "She had a paid speech about Wall Street."

Well we better just execute her now.

By the way, the Clintons aren't billionaires. They're millionaires. And shockingly its almost like people will pay a lot for people who were once the President and First Lady of the United States to speak at a place. Such corruption.

For fucks sake at least focus on her policies, since there are things to be annoyed with. This is just more fearmongering nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Hillary doesn't have the speaking ability of the others, but it was a solid speech with some good lines. My favorite is, "If you can be baited with a tweet then you shouldn't control nuclear weapons." or something close to that. It's spot on. There are many reasons you shouldn't vote for Trump, him being hotheaded top among them.

no, she isn't. never will be. the closest thing you're gonna get to having Bernie in office is Clinton. accept it and move on.

if you really care about what Bernie stands for then take action. get involved yourself and influence government to change. don't just bitch on a forum and do nothing.
    If you can't keep your emails private, then you shouldn't control nuclear codes. You can spin it on her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    If you can't keep your emails private, then you shouldn't control nuclear codes. You can spin it on her too.
    Did...did you really think she was writing all her emails herself, sending them off, and keeping track of the server? Sure, it is ultimately on her, but this idea that like Clinton herself was going through the server blades and shit and keeping track of the hardware is ridiculous.

It's obvious there were other people taking care of that. This also ignores the fact that a shitload of public servants also use private servers. Its only important in Clinton's case because she's running for President and the Republicans are frantically trying to find something to stop her win.

http://www.govexec.com/insights/stat...cation/106737/
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-29 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The U.S government was also very keen with the ex leader of Libya and how he told us all about Al-qaida and kept them out of Libya as well.
    That has little to do with Trump's image being damaged by the "fascist" debate. With no tangible experience governing or lawmaking, he has only his image to work with. Any stain hurts, even stains that aren't justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real joke is that the Democrats think that by crying out that the russians hacked the dnc that everyone will forget about what was in all those emails.
    A bigger joke is that one of our parties would then have been bamboozled by Russia....again.
    Or the fact that it makes no sense why Putin would want trump to be president. Putin knows the Clintons more than he knows Trump. Its probably safer to play with the same toys putin has been playing with.

Basically your being duped by the dems.
    I'm biased... Am a Russian immigrant... To me, a joke about asking a former KGB employee to spy on US... Well... That's fucked up dude...

Mr Garbachev... Tair down this wal... I mean spy on that Dukakis... Just a joke you guys, send in the hasslehoff...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-07-29 at 05:38 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

That has little to do with Trump's image being damaged by the "fascist" debate. With no tangible experience governing or lawmaking, he has only his image to work with. Any stain hurts, even stains that aren't justified.
    Agreeable, but even FDR was considered/criticized as a warmongerer or fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    The nuclear codes are kept by US Strategic Command. The only thing the President has regular access to is a card kept on his person that is rotated regularly.

It's not like Obama is going to hand Hillary a key to a safe he bought at OfficeMax.