Poll: what say you

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should I buy the new titan?

so, i just got 28k$ and im planning on buying a couple 4k tvs. one as a monitor for my pc/xbox one/ps4/nx and then one for watching tv. and then im also getting a vive.

should i get the new titan? will i get 60 fps in 4k on most games? O-O right now i have a 980 and i get usually 80 - 120 fps at 1080p on ultra/epic. on overwatch on epic i get about 100 fps on average
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Invest it.
    i plan on investing a good chunk of it. after i get the tvs, a new car and my game systems and some new games i should still have like 15k left that i have no need of really using atm.

alot of people complain that gaming is expensive but really compared to other hobbies its pretty cheap once you get past the entry point
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Titan is overpriced, no matter how much money you have, it is better to invest it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    The Titan is overpriced, no matter how much money you have, it is better to invest it somewhere else.
    how much better is it compared to a 1080 for gaming at 4k?

Hookers and drugs sounds like a good investment. I'm gonna go with hookers and drugs.
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    Hookers and drugs sounds like a good investment. I'm gonna go with hookers and drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how much better is it compared to a 1080 for gaming at 4k?

It's not even out yet, nobody knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a 1080 and then upgrade to Volta in 2018.

so i should just wait for the 1080 ti to come out? O-O

Deleted
    No you don't. You wait for benchmarks to come out and then you judge based on benchmarks and market availability what card you want. There's no use deciding right now what card you want when you're not even sure whether that card will be worth the surplus over other cards.

Yeah. The Titans are never really worth it. Personally, I'd wait to see what Vega 11 is going to be, should be the Fury replacement, and as big as DX12 is going to be in the coming years, will likely be a better investment than a 1080ti as well. But, if you prefer nvidia, then yeah, the 1080ti is your best bet.

If only Titan Xs weren't FP64 limited... but even then I'd go for the hookers.
    How many hookers and what quality can you get for those money?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's overpriced and it'll eventually become the 1080Ti once AMD releases their Vega or whatever.

yeah if you want something to run all your games and last for the next 2years sure upgrade now!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is likely as the original titan. A cut down chip that 4-5 months later will be re-launched in it's full form (aka better performing) as the 1080 Ti (or possibly the start of the 11-series) when AMD puts up competing cards.

If you still think it's worth it, go for it. Noone can tell you it's a good value deal because it's not and Titan has never been that. It's just a top tier crazy card that is the best of the best for a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    If only Titan Xs weren't FP64 limited... but even then I'd go for the hookers.
    How many hookers and what quality can you get for those money?
    for 28,000$ well, quite alot of hookers O-O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippermoon118 View Post
    yeah if you want something to run all your games and last for the next 2years sure upgrade now!
    A GTX 1060 would also last 2 years.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Invest it.
    And just wait for the what will likely be superior, 1080 Ti.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can I ask how the hell you got $28k? O.o That seems random lol like a couple grand I'd believe/not wonder about, but $28k? Like what the hell for? XD That's crazy!

You lucky lucky bastard...

I could pay off all my credit cards and my car and still have a very VERY solid chunk left over! =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    And just wait for the what will likely be superior, 1080 Ti.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can I ask how the hell you got $28k? O.o That seems random lol like a couple grand I'd believe/not wonder about, but $28k? Like what the hell for? XD That's crazy!

You lucky lucky bastard...

I could pay off all my credit cards and my car and still have a very VERY solid chunk left over! =/
    i got hit by a truck walking home new years.

got 50k alltogether. got 7k in cash couple months ago that i used 1.7 of to build my pc and i just got my last 28k check but i still have about 6k worth of bills left to pay. so more like 22k.