Enchanting+Tailoring in Legion, weird?

Now that double crafting professions is a thing of the past, (since you know, gathering... better)
    What's the deal with tailoring + enchanting combo?
    Are we going to be considered 2 crafting professions users, and will be a little gimped (slower at getting blood of sargeras)
    or what?
    every other profession, you just pick appropriate gathering profession and that's it, but these two special snowflakes are each others' gathering/crafting profession O.o

When you disenchant stuff you get blood too. Its raining blood of sargeras on dungeons, world quests, fishing etc. I get up to 3-6 blood on every dungeon on any difficulty. If you are lazy mining /herbing/skinning anyway its not worth getting a gathering profession.

And crafted gear is so bad anyway, its so easy gearing just doing world quests (rewards scale with ur ilvl), heroic and mythic dungeons. 850 is way too low, you can get that ilvl in a week even without a guild.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-07-28 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    And crafted gear is so bad anyway, its so easy gearing just doing world quests (rewards scale with ur ilvl), heroic and mythic dungeons. 850 is way too low, you can get that ilvl in a week even without a guild.
    I haven't played much beta, but are you saying you can get 850+ in every slot before mythic releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Algoma0 View Post
    I haven't played much beta, but are you saying you can get 850+ in every slot before mythic releases?
    Maybe not in every slot, unless your really lucky and 850 can EASILY be replaced because of how loot works in legion. Mythic will be out on 1st week just no keystones, more than half my gear is warforged/titanforged from mythic 0 and heroic and world quest loot. And theres 3 World bosses up per week.

850 is just way too low, and u have to spend shitton with 6 upgrade paths to get it to 850, and that gear slot high chance of getting replaced EASILY because of how warforge/titanforge works in legion, crafted gear is kind of a risk. My 850 dalaran ring i paid 250k was replaced in 30 mins, i swear LOL, at least i can use the portal lol

Also artifact weapon ilvl is normally higher than the rest of your gear because all 3 relic slots ilvl add up, so that will boost your character ilvl to 850 easily even if the rest of your gear is not averaging 850.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-07-28 at 12:20 PM.

Maybe not in every slot, unless your really lucky and 850 can EASILY be replaced because of how loot works in legion. Mythic will be out on 1st week just no keystones, more than half my gear is warforged/titanforged from mythic 0 and heroic and world quest loot. And theres 3 World bosses up per week.

850 is just way too low, and u have to spend shitton with 6 upgrade paths to get it to 850, and that gear slot high chance of getting replaced EASILY because of how warforge/titanforge works in legion, crafted gear is kind of a risk. My 850 dalaran ring i paid 250k was replaced in 30 mins, i swear LOL, at least i can use the portal lol
    Well, the point is, if you have any slot that can be upgraded via crafted items when mythic starts, no matter how small the margin is, people are going to use them. Crafting gear was never powerful, it was on-par with normal modes - but you didn't have full normal mode gear, so you'd use crafted gear.
    And since it isn't restricted to 3 items anymore (afaik?), I dont think they'll be alot less popular then they were before (even with things like world quests and mythic dungeons)

Quote Originally Posted by Algoma0 View Post
    Well, the point is, if you have any slot that can be upgraded via crafted items when mythic starts, no matter how small the margin is, people are going to use them. Crafting gear was never powerful, it was on-par with normal modes - but you didn't have full normal mode gear, so you'd use crafted gear.
    And since it isn't restricted to 3 items anymore (afaik?), I dont think they'll be alot less popular then they were before (even with things like world quests and mythic dungeons)
    Pretty sure crafted gear in wod goes up to 640-670 on release comparable to highmaul heroic, and it doesnt have a VERY HIGH risk on getting replaced on dungeons and dailies that you have 1 month to farm. And dont get me started on the prices + obliterum quest, even if your 10 mil rich you would feel that its not worth it trust me.

I have enchanting+engineering on my warrior. Am i in deep shit? Since Legion looks pretty alt-unfriendly. Or will I be able to gather ore with a lvl100? I don't wanna buy mats the whole expansion...

Pretty sure crafted gear in wod goes up to 640-670 on release comparable to highmaul heroic, and it doesnt have a VERY HIGH risk on getting replaced on dungeons and dailies that you have 1 month to farm. And dont get me started on the prices + obliterum quest, even if your 10 mil rich you would feel that its not worth it trust me.
    Actually, you're right, crafting gear was on heroic highmaul level. I still think people will use crafted items for progression (lets say up until world 200?) and since everyone has insane amounts of gold, they won't mind the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I have enchanting+engineering on my warrior. Am i in deep shit? Since Legion looks pretty alt-unfriendly. Or will I be able to gather ore with a lvl100? I don't wanna buy mats the whole expansion...
    Legion doesn't look alt-unfriendly at all. Really easy to gear alts compared to < Legion. You can also just level an alt for gathering if you want.

If you gather at lvl 100 all the mobs will be lvl 100 so you will freely be able to gather. The only problem is that you won't unlock the profession quests if you stay 100. These quests increases yield so they are fairly important. Though you can level to 110 and never touch the character except for gathering and doing the profession quests.

The; "I need a gathering profession to get Blood of Sargeras" is something that has stuck from early versions of alpha. This is completely false in the current state of Legion. If you play the character at a level where you can run dungeons then dungeons will in general yield more Blood of Sargeras than doing gathering. The better gear you have and the faster you run the dungeons the rate is increased even more.

My impression from checking out professions on the beta is that crafting (as in, getting the materials and doing it yourself opposed to just buying from AH) is for people who really want to dedicate themselves to it and will not raid/pvp for gear