10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    They already interfered in our election.
    I hope you understand how strange that defense is.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If the trump train doesn't make it to the white house we rebuild the gop for the next 4 years while maintaining control of congress. It's not so big of a loss if he throws his chances. What i find strange is the media keeps saying it's close and every bookmaker has clinton at about 70% chance of winning. I'm still baffled why the DNC would be so idiotic to not bother to have their servers checked every 6 months or so. Especially after the white house, nsa etc had breaches happen. Such a reckless regard for even their own privacy. So loud mouthed yankee took the bait and we'll never be able to ask the question of what outside of what was released to wikileaks is there to worry about?
    On the other end of this election we have to have a serious societal talk about the role of media in this election. Every other election has been

Politics, Hollywood and business has always had an overlap and converging interests, but this was far too much. This entire year was far to much. The media directly abbetted Trumps rise because they found it entertaining and good television. The DNC in particular, while I enjoyed it, had this weird aura of being half political rally, half four day Hollywood award show.

And then, in brief, we've had Fox News, pushing a candidate and agenda harder and more transparently than it ever has. We have CNN and it's army of hype artists and hair splitters treating this entire electoral season like entertainment. And we have nobody - no channel, website or news outlet, nailing Donald Trump to the wall even when they have the opportunity to. Like what in gods name was Leslie Stahl doing? Call Donald Trump a liar you coward. You know he's lying. Say he is.

I'll never forget how John King at CNN said, and I quote, back in September "this election season is going to be a lot of fun". How utterly disconnected from reality that is. This isn't fun. This is anxiety causing for tens of millions of people, disrupting the order of the country, undermining America in countless ways and a legitimate threat to Democracy. These foolish, clownish television figures treat this as a season of a television show and a game. It's not a game. If Donald Trump becomes President, there will be consequences that, John King, won't "be fun".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Anyway, this is where our country is at. This is fucking embarrassing
    Holy balls.

Trump is like a bizarro world Clinton (as it pertains to truthfulness)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    But actively selling russians our uranium isn't shitty? One is saying something the other actually did something. I don't understand why everyone is so against becoming friends with Russia. Would it hurt the US if we actually tried to become allies with Russia?
    By asking them to violate our law? Every one of your excuses gets stranger and stranger...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don't know, do you think Clinton foundation getting donations from foreign nations, is the same as local?
    I mean, I'm not blind to either side, I've seen the facts that a donation from a foreign nation to the clinton foundation was rewarded with a weapons deal. The difference between Trumps issue is it's already been assumed that the russians interfered with the emails before he asked on them to find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Holy balls.

Trump is like a bizarro world Clinton (as it pertains to truthfulness)
    10 years of anyone, but Hillary... Say what you want about Trump... But, he is anyone...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I'm not blind to either side, I've seen the facts that a donation from a foreign nation to the clinton foundation was rewarded with a weapons deal. The difference between Trumps issue is it's already been assumed that the russians interfered with the emails before he asked on them to find them.
    Basically, you think the US response to Pearl Harbor, should have been... Fuck it, you attacked us once, keep going... You do know that how strange the 'they did something illegal, so why not tell them to do it again' is? It makes no sense...

I hope you understand how strange that defense is.
    It's not strange. If they never were able to see the emails or hear the voicemails of party members flaming bernie then people wouldn't have been angry about that. They interfered with our election. That was the point they were trying to make since Putin feels like we fucked with theirs. I'm just hoping they didn't learn much else. Because the queen of careless emails could've had who knows what in her folder.

Okay, now if he appealed to anyone in the united states to do it, would it change anything?
    At least he can claim patriotism/whistleblower defense in that case. Asking Russia, a nation with known active hostility against the US to do it?

That's not just unpatriotic, that's borderline treason.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

By asking them to violate our law? Every one of your excuses gets stranger and stranger...
    As if we aren't violating other countries laws by doing the same thing or worse lol

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    10 years of anyone, but Hillary... Say what you want about Trump... But, he is anyone...

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, you think the US response to Pearl Harbor, should have been... Fuck it, you attacked us once, keep going... You do know that how strange the 'they did something illegal, so why not tell them to do it again' is? It makes no sense...
    Nothing better than someone who openly calls for Russia to hack into and steal from U.S servers and openly exclaiming he would like to "Hit a person so hard that his head would spin".

Then again that does sound pretty american these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not strange. If they never were able to see the emails or hear the voicemails of party members flaming bernie then people wouldn't have been angry about that. They interfered with our election. That was the point they were trying to make since Putin feels like we fucked with theirs. I'm just hoping they didn't learn much else.
    Trump is saying he hopes there are 30000 reasons it's worse. He us asking for it. You are now contradicting your self. If you hope they don't have more, you don't ask them to find 30000 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    On the other end of this election we have to have a serious societal talk about the role of media in this election. Every other election has been

Politics, Hollywood and business has always had an overlap and converging interests, but this was far too much. This entire year was far to much. The media directly abbetted Trumps rise because they found it entertaining and good television. The DNC in particular, while I enjoyed it, had this weird aura of being half political rally, half four day Hollywood award show.

And then, in brief, we've had Fox News, pushing a candidate and agenda harder and more transparently than it ever has. We have CNN and it's army of hype artists and hair splitters treating this entire electoral season like entertainment. And we have nobody - no channel, website or news outlet, nailing Donald Trump to the wall even when they have the opportunity to. Like what in gods name was Leslie Stahl doing? Call Donald Trump a liar you coward. You know he's lying. Say he is.

I'll never forget how John King at CNN said, and I quote, back in September "this election season is going to be a lot of fun". How utterly disconnected from reality that is. This isn't fun. This is anxiety causing for tens of millions of people, disrupting the order of the country, undermining America in countless ways and a legitimate threat to Democracy. These foolish, clownish television figures treat this as a season of a television show and a game. It's not a game. If Donald Trump becomes President, there will be consequences that, John King, won't "be fun".
    Yeah the media put up the big tent for this election cycle. Terrible debates and focusing attention on certain people more than others. Yeah it was a ratings show.

For people who want to watch the world burn, how is Trump getting president not fun?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    As if we aren't violating other countries laws by doing the same thing or worse lol
    So what he said is a bad thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Then again that does sound pretty american these days.
    No, it doesn't... most people are just not loud...

Thing is, it's different doing it in the open and behind thick curtains.

Some things should never be said on a public platform aiming for the top positions in the nation.

But actively selling russians our uranium isn't shitty? One is saying something the other actually did something. I don't understand why everyone is so against becoming friends with Russia. Would it hurt the US if we actually tried to become allies with Russia?
    We actually have mostly been buying Uranium from Russia for years. It was part of the end-of-cold war denuclearization plan.

The Uranium from decomissedion Russian weapons had to go somewhere. We didn't trust it sitting in bins in Russia. After all this happened to Plutonium:

These are Soviet-era Radioisotope Nuclear Thermometric Generators - a kind of power source used on space probes and satellites, specifically in lieu of solar panels. They use thermocouples to generate heat from the natural nuclear decay of Plutonium.

And here they are looted and left out in the open to rust.

Russia is not our ally and yes, trying to become allies with them would be a disaster. Russia and the US have very few common interests, and the most important interest to Russian foreign policy is diametrically opposed to the US. The greatest achievement in US foreign policy is the unity and peace of Europe and the supremacy of the rules based Western-run international community. Russia sees itself as wronged by history and at a disadvantage in every respect by this. It's foreign policy is based around undermining the Western-order in Europe and supplanting US friendly governments with Russian friendly ones. Globally it seeks to push the US back into the continental US and uproot the democratic world order in favor of an illiberal alternative. If the US stands for the free world, Russia stands for one where every country has a Vladmir Putin who can lead a "managed democracy", which is an autocracy by another name.

Russia and the US can partner on specific issues, but we cannot be allies. We cannot be allies of both European countries and Russia. We cannot believe what we do about Democracy and make common cause with Russia because our visions for the world as it should be are diametrically opposed.

And furthermore Russia is in a severe and painful decline. These are the desperate actions of a regime and country running out runway. To hook onto Russia would be to offer salvation to a country that some groups, such as STRATFOR, believe will go the way of Yugoslavia over the next two decades.

Trump is saying he hopes there are 30000 reasons it's worse. He us asking for it. You are now contradicting your self. If you hope they don't have more, you don't ask them to find 30000 more.
    Oh you are still on those emails? There would be no charges if they were found anyway. Didn't you learn anything in the past year or so? I'm talking about any other type of dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    For people who want to watch the world burn, how is Trump getting president not fun?
    Fair point. CNN is loving this year. I'm sure they'll ask a tough question some day.

Please say Wolf Blitzer won't be moderating a goddamn debate.

So what he said is a bad thing?
    To me personally, I don't give a shit who has her emails after she said there was nothing classified on it only to be told from the FBI that there were 100 emails that were classified on her server that they could access. Clearly there's something incriminating in those emails that she deleted.

It is still asking for a foreign power to interfere.
    Wow and we've been interfering with other countries since our existence but its excusable because its us doing it and not being done to us.
    Last edited by Hobotripin; 2016-07-29 at 07:20 AM.

That doesn't remotely excuse it. It is still asking for a foreign power to interfere. Do you even realize what you're doing? You're engaging in contortions to excuse something complete unconscionable to ANY patriotic American.

There is not to be foreign interference in our elections, period. No "but she did". Nothing. Donald Trump said that shit. And Donald Trump made himself a national security threat with that shit.