Poll: what say you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Generally, the answer to "Should I get the most expensive top of the line <anything> ?" is "No", since the difference in power between that one and a more reasonably priced one is too small to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so, i just got 28k$ and im planning on buying a couple 4k tvs. one as a monitor for my pc/xbox one/ps4/nx and then one for watching tv. and then im also getting a vive.

should i get the new titan? will i get 60 fps in 4k on most games? O-O right now i have a 980 and i get usually 80 - 120 fps at 1080p on ultra/epic. on overwatch on epic i get about 100 fps on average
    Titans are waste of money.. They will be replaced by 1080 ti which should come at price tag of 600-700$... a Titan only cost so much due to being professional aka better service,checks on card to see if its working correctly. etc

i plan on getting a vive, a new car for 2.5k, some new tvs and some fancy schmancy head phones. a ps4, and xbox one, an nx, some new clothes, a new phones, 10 pounds of beef jerky, and a purple leather jacket like the joker wears in suicide squad.

after all that i should still have around 15k left to invest/save although i might take around 3k either go back for a weeks vacation in the uk or go somewhere crazy like amsterdam or bangkok and do a bunch of drugs and hookers with a couple thousand and just party for a week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    Titans are waste of money.. They will be replaced by 1080 ti which should come at price tag of 600-700$... a Titan only cost so much due to being professional aka better service,checks on card to see if its working correctly. etc
    im a pc gaming master baby. glad you guys taught me not to buy this junk and not fall into marketing shenanigans
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for a 1080 or wait for the 1080 ti. I'd also go for an actual monitor rather than a tv for pc gaming and I'd opt for high refresh rate over extreme resolutions. That's just me personally though.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I'd go for a 1080 or wait for the 1080 ti. I'd also go for an actual monitor rather than a tv for pc gaming and I'd opt for high refresh rate over extreme resolutions. That's just me personally though.
    i plan on mostly using my vive to play games with vr desktop so the tv monitor will mostly be when i wanna play games with friends over/my consoles and playing wow.

i get bored really easily if im not multitasking and i like to watch tv while i play games so just using two tvs instead of a monitor means i can have my pc and my consoles all hooked up to one screen and can have tv/movie/netflix on the other tv next to it.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got hit by a truck walking home new years.

got 50k alltogether. got 7k in cash couple months ago that i used 1.7 of to build my pc and i just got my last 28k check but i still have about 6k worth of bills left to pay. so more like 22k.
    Holy shit!
    Glad you're okay!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

i plan on mostly using my vive to play games with vr desktop so the tv monitor will mostly be when i wanna play games with friends over/my consoles and playing wow.

i get bored really easily if im not multitasking and i like to watch tv while i play games so just using two tvs instead of a monitor means i can have my pc and my consoles all hooked up to one screen and can have tv/movie/netflix on the other tv next to it.
    are you me?

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    are you me?
    maybe, do you love aquaman?

i plan on getting a vive, a new car for 2.5k, some new tvs and some fancy schmancy head phones. a ps4, and xbox one, an nx, some new clothes, a new phones, 10 pounds of beef jerky, and a purple leather jacket like the joker wears in suicide squad.

after all that i should still have around 15k left to invest/save although i might take around 3k either go back for a weeks vacation in the uk or go somewhere crazy like amsterdam or bangkok and do a bunch of drugs and hookers with a couple thousand and just party for a week

- - - Updated - - -

im a pc gaming master baby. glad you guys taught me not to buy this junk and not fall into marketing shenanigans
    you sound like a idiot lol..

u might need to go and research a little..

If i were you id get:

1440P IPS 144hz monitor
    GTX1080
    OLED 4k TV

invest the rest :P

Should I buy the new titan?

Invest it, if in the US you can get some safe investments paying 5-6% annually can earn you between $7,700 - $9,500 over 5 years.

Even at 1 year you can earn $1400

Can't really elaborate since I'm not sure how FINRA would react so I'm playing it safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how much better is it compared to a 1080 for gaming at 4k?
    Rumors about 20-30%.
    Personal Point of view:
    Buy Titan, I would have if it was released before 1080.
    It's pricy, but in our high end range, price isn't really a topic.

Can someone hit me with a truck?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    you sound like a idiot lol..

U might need to go and research a little..
    an idiot with 10 pounds of beef jerky @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly... If you really don't have anything better to spend money on and can afford to spend it this way in your computer then buy it.

The new Titan will be the strongest video card available for a while, and if you plan to play on 4K then every single bit of extra performance matters.

- - - Updated - - -

About the Monitor X TV gaming shitdebate, I doubt any monitor will be able to get close to giving you the same experience as this thing for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage View Post
    Invest it, if in the US you can get some safe investments paying 5-6% annually can earn you between $7,700 - $9,500 over 5 years.

Even at 1 year you can earn $1400

Can't really elaborate since I'm not sure how FINRA would react so I'm playing it safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i definitely plan on investing in some fair trade stocks with vanguard maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Also, can I ask how the hell you got $28k? O.o That seems random lol like a couple grand I'd believe/not wonder about, but $28k? Like what the hell for? XD That's crazy!

You lucky lucky bastard...

I could pay off all my credit cards and my car and still have a very VERY solid chunk left over! =/
    I got a similarly sized chunk of change from a life insurance policy when my grandmother passed away a couple years ago. All the grandkids did. Our parents got the whole estate and things, and it's up to them to leave us what's left of that, but my grandparents made sure we all got something.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to spend too much money on stupid hardware that 95% of people will never actually use, you might as well get a Quadro P6000 when they come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    If you're going to spend too much money on stupid hardware that 95% of people will never actually use, you might as well get a Quadro P6000 when they come out.
    He could also buy a Tesla P100 just for the lulz.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cilraaz isn't impressed.

I forget the name of them, but buy some audio gear from that one mega high-end brand that makes Sennheiser look cheap.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water