Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New AddOn manager needed.

So with the bullshit Curse has decided to pull on us, it has became evident that we need a new program to manage AddOn updating.

Is there any program that could perform soon-to-be-dead Curse Client's function of checking updates from either Curse or WoWInterface and download and unpack the updates from there?

check out this one: http://minion.mmoui.com/
    this is the tool wowinterface links to for addon management.

And why do we need a new program? The curse app will do the same things that Curse Client did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    And why do we need a new program? The curse app will do the same things that Curse Client did.
    Some people do not like new Curse App. They dun wanna be a part of some kind of social network, they dun wanna install a piece of software that does many many many things to only update addons and never use anything else.

Deleted
    I use Wowmatrix. It has some missing addoms, but you can report the missing ones and they will add them. https://www.wowmatrix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Some people do not like new Curse App. They dun wanna be a part of some kind of social network, they dun wanna install a piece of software that does many many many things to only update addons and never use anything else.
    Simple. Use it to download and update addons then exit. You already installed a piece of software called Curse Client to do this in the past.

keep it clean and keep it simple, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    check out this one: http://minion.mmoui.com/
    this is the tool wowinterface links to for addon management.
    Can't find the info on their website, so, is it free, or at least "freemium", like the current Curse client? (meaning it works well enough in free version, and premium is only tossed in on top of that)

I don't get why people have an issue with it. Open it, update addons, close it. That's all I used to do with the old curse app and what I will do with the new one. The truth is most people will continue to use the curse one and you'll have a problem finding such an extensive database as curse, it's well established and they know this. Or you could do it manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    I use Wowmatrix. It has some missing addoms, but you can report the missing ones and they will add them. https://www.wowmatrix.com/
    Biggest piece of shit ever. They steal the addons from other sites without their permission, and do not verify anything uploaded to them. If you like viruses and such, keep using it.

Deleted
    Biggest piece of shit ever. They steal the addons from other sites without their permission, and do not verify anything uploaded to them. If you like viruses and such, keep using it.
    To quote their FAQ: "WowMatrix checks for and downloads each WoW AddOn directly from that AddOn's official website"

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    Can't find the info on their website, so, is it free, or at least "freemium", like the current Curse client? (meaning it works well enough in free version, and premium is only tossed in on top of that)
    here is a faq thread (you can find the link on the minion site in section Help & Support) that should give you an answer: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237

4. Is there a “premium” version?

No. There is one version of it for everyone. We have some features coming that will only be available to premium members, but the core functionality of the updater will remain available for everyone.

5. This means it isn’t “limited” in any way?

That is correct. There is an “Update all” button that works for everyone, whether you are a Premium Member on our sites or not, and there isn't any throttling of download speed either.

Users dun care about it

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    To quote their FAQ: "WowMatrix checks for and downloads each WoW AddOn directly from that AddOn's official website"
    So they even admit they steal. Very few addons have an "official website", so guess what that means: they steal them from places like Curse without asking permission. They have been notorious for hosting files with viruses and trojans. Why do you think very few people use it? But hey, feel free to ignore someone that knows of their history. No skin off my nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    I don't get why people have an issue with it. Open it, update addons, close it. That's all I used to do with the old curse app and what I will do with the new one. The truth is most people will continue to use the curse one and you'll have a problem finding such an extensive database as curse, it's well established and they know this. Or you could do it manually.
    I need an addon manager. I don't want to be force fed with social media bullshit to do that one simple thing. I have too many chat apps as it is already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I need an addon manager. I don't want to be force fed with social media bullshit to do that one simple thing. I have too many chat apps as it is already.
    You're not force fed. It's there if you'd like to use it. You don't have to add anybody or be "forced" to communicate using it. You can continue to open it, update and close it. Stop being a child
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

And you can't update add-ons manually because... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    And you can't update add-ons manually because... ?
    Some people have hundreds of them

P. S. Not me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    You're not force fed. It's there if you'd like to use it. You don't have to add anybody or be "forced" to communicate using it. You can continue to open it, update and close it. Stop being a child
    How is killing their perfectly fine simple program that does the one thing it's ment to do not force feeding us their crap app that is filled with functions we asked for?

Every extra byte the app uses more than v5 client is a byte wasted on crap.

So the new curse client is going to be the latest thing that it is "cool" to hate.
    I shouldn't be surprised by that any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.