Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I just think its the fact that 4 more years of obama isn't palatable for many. Or we can be more truthful here and call it what it is. Which is bill clinton's third term.
    If people actually believe that, they need to get their head checked. Seriously.

I'm one of the few people I've met that dislikes Obama and I can clearly state exactly, in great detail as to why. To me, his list of failures and misteps are specific and not general at all. But while I think the country needs a significant course correction, if the Constitution were different, and Obama could run a third term, not only would he probably win, but I don't think it would be remotely catastrophic for this country.

These people who can't stand Obama over even a fake-Republican like Trump need to man up and start dealing with the fact that losing is a part of politics. Democrats lost for years. They lost in 1994, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004. They lost in 2010 and 2016. But when they lose, they change their strategy and preposition themselves for future success. The foundations of Barack Obama's first term weren't a result of 2008. They were a result of Congressional Democrats recruiting Blue-dogs in the wake of their loss in 2004, to stage a major victory in 2006 and an even bigger one in 2008, which gave Barack Obama a 60 vote majority in the Senate (until Ted Kennedy died).

Are these people so pathologically delusional as to think that defeating Hillary Clinton means progressivism is defeated? That isn't how this works. Liberals will repackage themselves in the wake of her loss, and try again. And eventually they WILL win, because that is how this country works. No final victories here.

The inability for Republicans to lose with dignity and grace since 2008 is one of the things that has deeply alienated me from the party. How can we ever expect Democrats to lose with grace and dignity so we can pursue a conservative Agenda, when we're in power, if we don't do the same? Our Common Law system has a fundamental requirement in the respect for the rules of fair play, that these far right extremists, encouraged by an antagonistic Republican media-entertain complex, have utterly abandoned. To real conservatives - not these Trumpist pretenders - progressives aren't our enemies. They're our political rivals. They're our neighbors, brothers, sisters and friends. They are not evil people They just believe different, legitimate things and legitimately have a right to press their agenda when it is their time in power.

Trump represents a vile and massive deviation from this standard of norms that is part of this country's political construction, which is why he and his supporters must be thrown down so definitively. Because while we fight like hell, the American political organism is one of moderation, and they argue for extremism by another name.

I want this campaign season to be over. Not just because the world needs to see America reject Trump, reject Putinism, reject illiberal democracy... but because the sequel - the purge of the Trumpists from the Republican Party, is every bit as important. Hopefully my fellow real conservatives will remember that it was the Democratic Part that saved America from something the Republican Party allowed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    ~snipped video for size~

The media was jumping over every tiny ant hill from the RNC convention, they had the Melania thing ongoing for a full week over a few similar lines from a 10 minute speech. The media desperately tried to show the republicans are divided. Meanwhile the DNC is obviously very divided and the msm barely touches on it while trying to say it was great. Behind the scenes it has been nothing but a shitshow.
    Oh man, I didn't see the 17 minute version of this conspiracy nonsense. I admit I didn't watch the whole thing, because I tuned out as soon as I noticed the "white noise machine" set up to "drown out the California delegation" were spread around the whole arena around the outer ring. Seriously though, just look at the video. At that point, I rated this viewpoint as not credible. Especially since white signs for "reservations" could well have been specifically for VIPs from each delegation. California, last I checked, had a little over 450 delegates, and a section in the upper deck of the Wells Fargo Center has 15 rows x 20-25 seats a row for max 375 seats, so I imagine they had 2 sections for 750 seats. If anyone can find a literal seating chart for this fucking convention I'd love one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I want this campaign season to be over. Not just because the world needs to see America reject Trump, reject Putinism, reject illiberal democracy... but because the sequel - the purge of the Trumpists from the Republican Party, is every bit as important.
    Your take on the situation, it's beautiful - but at the rate and direction things are going, I am going to have to say you are too optimistic. Mark my words, the fact that Trump has gotten this far on momentum and isn't dying down means it's not dying out any time soon. By soon, I mean for decades.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

If people actually believe that, they need to get their head checked. Seriously.

I'm one of the few people I've met that dislikes Obama and I can clearly state exactly, in great detail as to why. To me, his list of failures and misteps are specific and not general at all. But while I think the country needs a significant course correction, if the Constitution were different, and Obama could run a third term, not only would he probably win, but I don't think it would be remotely catastrophic for this country.

These people who can't stand Obama over even a fake-Republican like Trump need to man up and start dealing with the fact that losing is a part of politics. Democrats lost for years. They lost in 1994, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004. They lost in 2010 and 2016. But when they lose, they change their strategy and preposition themselves for future success. The foundations of Barack Obama's first term weren't a result of 2008. They were a result of Congressional Democrats recruiting Blue-dogs in the wake of their loss in 2004, to stage a major victory in 2006 and an even bigger one in 2008, which gave Barack Obama a 60 vote majority in the Senate (until Ted Kennedy died).

Are these people so pathologically delusional as to think that defeating Hillary Clinton means progressivism is defeated? That isn't how this works. Liberals will repackage themselves in the wake of her loss, and try again. And eventually they WILL win, because that is how this country works. No final victories here.

The inability for Republicans to lose with dignity and grace since 2008 is one of the things that has deeply alienated me from the party. How can we ever expect Democrats to lose with grace and dignity so we can pursue a conservative Agenda, when we're in power, if we don't do the same? Our Common Law system has a fundamental requirement in the respect for the rules of fair play, that these far right extremists, encouraged by an antagonistic Republican media-entertain complex, have utterly abandoned. To real conservatives - not these Trumpist pretenders - progressives aren't our enemies. They're our political rivals. They're our neighbors, brothers, sisters and friends. They are not evil people They just believe different, legitimate things and legitimately have a right to press their agenda when it is their time in power.

Trump represents a vile and massive deviation from this standard of norms that is part of this country's political construction, which is why he and his supporters must be thrown down so definitively. Because while we fight like hell, the American political organism is one of moderation, and they argue for extremism by another name.

I want this campaign season to be over. Not just because the world needs to see America reject Trump, reject Putinism, reject illiberal democracy... but because the sequel - the purge of the Trumpists from the Republican Party, is every bit as important. Hopefully my fellow real conservatives will remember that it was the Democratic Part that saved America from something the Republican Party allowed to happen.
    Or maybe you need to remove the wax from your ears and actually listen to the person you keep harping about voting for, for once. Endless news articles and endless videos since last year saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Your take on the situation, it's beautiful - but at the rate and direction things are going, I am going to have to say you are too optimistic. Mark my words, the fact that Trump has gotten this far on momentum and isn't dying down means it's not dying out any time soon. By soon, I mean for decades.
    Most of the Republican Party's most successful and capable operatives, money men, organizers and infrastructure, are all sitting out this election. Most elected Republicans are staying mum on Trump. And I think most everyday Republicans who vote Trump can be redeemed. Some will never be. But just as there are many Democrats who have voted Democrat all their lives, no matter what, there is the same for Republicans. And many willy simply stay home in the fall.

It's going to be nasty and destroy a lot of careers, but it'll happen. This is one of the reasons the #NeverTrump attempt at the RNC fizzled. Because the real effort is post-election, when Trump is back in his tower, and every Rince Priebus, Anne Coulter or Sean Hannity figure is undefended and scattered in defeat. Trump's women on cable news, like Katrina Pierson? She's an unqualified socialite and many conservatives have rejected her psuedointellecutalism for years. Her scalp will be collected early on, and those of other Trumpist mouthpieces.

Even Roger Ailes being out of Fox News probably helps this as Murdoch's kids are reportedly cool to Trump and cool to Ailes' people. Don't be surprised if in the next year Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reily all relocate to online, and Megan Kelly goes to CNN and the 2018-2019 Fox News looks rather different than the 2016 one.

The organizer of this effort will be Paul Ryan, who will move swiftly to de-Trump the Republican Party despite his extremely tepid (but necessary from his perspective) endorsement of him. The other organizer will be Ryan's quasi-mentor, Mitt Romney. Romney will never run for President again, but he's powerfully connected within the Republican infrastructure that is sitting out this election. Romney's anti-Trump intervention earlier in the year fell flat at stopping Trump at an electoral level, but was largely successful at stopping Trump from being able to make use of the Republican Party's most capable resources.

In any event, this will take years to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    God no the constant booing throughout. The big walkout that happened yesterday and this the shit they pull for today...

The media was jumping over every tiny ant hill from the RNC convention, they had the Melania thing ongoing for a full week over a few similar lines from a 10 minute speech. The media desperately tried to show the republicans are divided. Meanwhile the DNC is obviously very divided and the msm barely touches on it while trying to say it was great. Behind the scenes it has been nothing but a shitshow.
    You are aware that the box behind her is a Wifi Access point, aren't you?

There were, at most, 250 of the Bernie supporters out of 1850 odd that were freaking out. The majority of those are from the California delegation. Of course there will be some people that are not happy. To try and make out that there is a huge split is just absurd.

Oh, and the only reason why they complained about Melania because the Trump campaign didn't give a reasonable answer. Once that was out (3 days later) then the media pretty much dropped the subject.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2016-07-29 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Or maybe you need to remove the wax from your ears and actually listen to the person you keep harping about voting for, for once. Endless news articles and endless videos since last year saying the same thing.
    And what's that exactly? Hmmm? THat Hillary is going to be some kind of "take our guns" liberal. First, no she won't. Second, Conservationism if it can't survive Hillary Clinton, how is it ever going to survive the next Democratic President that will come along?

Conservative Principles that are on such tenuous ground as to be existentially threatened by one election of one person, or three Democratic terms in a row, simply aren't built to last. It is those times that best challenge and provide intellectual rigor to conservative principles. They need to survive challenges from difficult times to be able to thrive in times when Conservatives are in power.

There is no realistic nor sensible apoclayptic nonsense about what Hillary CLinton will do should she win this election. True Conservatism is not that flimsy. It's a damn shame that we don't have a conservative candidate or conservative party this year though. Instead we got a Russian-bought demagogue and a bunch of anti-progressive reactionaries who wouldn't know conservatism if it shot them in the knee.

Deleted
    There is no realistic nor sensible apoclayptic nonsense about what Hillary CLinton will do should she win this election. True Conservatism is not that flimsy. It's a damn shame that we don't have a conservative candidate or conservative party this year though. Instead we got a Russian-bought demagogue and a bunch of anti-progressive reactionaries who wouldn't know conservatism if it shot them in the knee.
    It's about the fact that she flip floped on a lot of issues and there are real ties with her Foundation taking bribes to "change" her mind. And most of them come from foregin dictators and states. She has zero interest in US well being because she's in it for the money.

The fact that the majority of her supporters choose to ignore this makes them either ignorant or on the take. It's not a secret Hillary has a 1-2mill PAC to troll and spread missinformation online and on social media. I'd suspect a few posters here are paid to do so!

By supporting Hillary you don't support America, that's so clear based on her history in politics and her recent stances and what the DNC did pandering on illegal immigrants and denouncing America.

Infracted - shitposting about people not agreeing with you being paid trolls is not appropriate
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2016-07-29 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    It's about the fact that she flip floped on a lot of issues and there are real ties with her Foundation taking bribes to "change" her mind. And most of them come from foregin dictators and states. She has zero interest in US well being because she's in it for the money.

The fact that the majority of her supporters choose to ignore this makes them either ignorant or on the take. It's not a secret Hillary has a 1-2mill PAC to troll and spread missinformation online and on social media. I'd suspect a few posters here are paid to do so!

By supporting Hillary you don't support America, that's so clear based on her history in politics and her recent stances and what the DNC did pandering on illegal immigrants and denouncing America.
    Maybe stop using the word fact when you're using insane ideological exaggerations and falsifications.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    You are aware that the box behind her is a Wifi Access point, aren't you?

There were, at most, 250 of the Bernie supporters out of 1850 odd that were freaking out. The majority of those are from the California delegation. Of course there will be some people that are not happy. To try and make out that there is a huge split is just absurd.

Oh, and the only reason why they complained about Melania because the Trump campaign didn't give a reasonable answer. Once that was out (3 days later) then the media pretty much dropped the subject.
    Are those Wi-Fi points? That would make more sense than lolsworthy "white noise machines," which doesn't even make sense, but I'd be interested in how you'd know that for sure.

10+ Year Old Account

look our Romanian knows nothing pet throws "facts" around..
    Oh, speaking of facts. If Trump becomes President, and has his will.. Your safety towards the East ain't that splendid anymore.
    Romania doesn't pay it's 2% NATO budget share. And has nothing else in return to offer to please the US..
    And as we know by now, a President Trump doesn't want to support leeches.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted

I have to say, unlike so many others, Jordan Chariton is an actually good reporter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Are those Wi-Fi points? That would make more sense than lolsworthy "white noise machines," which doesn't even make sense, but I'd be interested in how you'd know that for sure.
    Not just that.
    There's so much interference going on with immense amounts of very strong electronic signals bouncing around inside the venue from countless sources (ignoring all cellphones), PLUS the blackout spots that can be anywhere, it's normal when one has no reception.

FFS... Sans any hi tech used due to broadcasting from every news source there is, I'm losing my signal frequently in places like HomeDepot, Target, Walmart, any given super market of decent size.
    Plus, quality of the phone, quality of the carrier.
    Two people side by side can have quality difference in reception, due to numbers of factors.
    But White Noise? Yeah sure... Gotta have that too.. Them Ghosts wanna be at the conventions too. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC029u1jixc

I have to say, unlike so many others, Jordan Chariton is an actually good reporter.
    Good reporters don't have to stoop down to back alley jargon language.
    And the treatment of the Bernie or Bust (those are the only ones making a fuzz, no one else does), that shows Democracy at work.
    After all, the event is considered private property. If you don't conduct yourself according to the house rules, you can and might be removed.
    Are they removed? Nope.. They left them be, the entire time.
    Blocking etc blah blah.. Gimme a break. During the speeches when BoB supporters tried to heckle the speakers, the entire crowd yelled em down, usually with USA USA chants. And a couple hundred vs 20.000, that just isn't oppression, that is physics. That's the laws of acoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not just that.
    There's so much interference going on with immense amounts of very strong electronic signals bouncing around inside the venue from countless sources (ignoring all cellphones), PLUS the blackout spots that can be anywhere, it's normal when one has no reception.

FFS... Sans any hi tech used due to broadcasting from every news source there is, I'm losing my signal frequently in places like HomeDepot, Target, Walmart, any given super market of decent size.
    Plus, quality of the phone, quality of the carrier.
    Two people side by side can have quality difference in reception, due to numbers of factors.
    But White Noise? Yeah sure... Gotta have that too.. Them Ghosts wanna be at the conventions too. lol
    I say the Pastor who spoke should do an exorcism!

It would also appeal to religious conservatives. I mean, Democrats spent the whole night successfully appealing to pretty much every other type of legitimate conservative. They should collect the whole set while they're at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say the Pastor who spoke should do an exorcism!
    lol
    there's an idea

- - - Updated - - -

Summaries from the late night circuit:

Deleted
    lol
    there's an idea

- - - Updated - - -

Summaries from the late night circuit:
    Nice circlejerk of "reports" from commedy and entertainment shows. Might as well wait a few days and link John Oliver's footage as well, I'm sure he will school everyone!

ps: Do remember the guys Wildtree linked were the ones schooling Bernie supporters like 2 days ago that they should get with the "program" or GTFO! And they are part of the same media groups that took orders from DNC on how to "report".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Come on now. Its not like Hillary is just being used as some kind of puppet for them. Say whatever else you want about her, but she very clearly has her own political agenda for the country..
    I really did just fall off my chair laughing!

Hillary is ESTABLISHMENT, she represents ESTABLISHMENT, she works for the ESTABLISHMENT.

She is the clearest example of a puppet you will ever see in politics across the entire world. Her flip-flopping on every issue is clear proof shes a puppet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Hillary is ESTABLISHMENT, she represents ESTABLISHMENT, she works for the ESTABLISHMENT.
    Not always. Sometimes she works for foreign parties as well in US detriment. If anything she works for who pays her better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice circlejerk of "reports" from commedy and entertainment shows. Might as well wait a few days and link John Oliver's footage as well, I'm sure he will school everyone!

ps: Do remember the guys Wildtree linked were the ones schooling Bernie supporters like 2 days ago that they should get with the "program" or GTFO! And they are part of the same media groups that took orders from DNC on how to "report".
    Oh look...
    We knew that there are a lot of things short of demand in Romania. Those 40+ years as Soviet slave came with a hefty price tag.
    But that there's a lack of humor too, that is a new one.

Telling you again, maybe focus more on your own shit before you try to toss mud at the USA without understanding even the half of it anyway.
    Last I've checked you lacking behind most other freed former east block nations. Some of them are doing mighty fine already, and don't have to rely - unlike you - on the very nations you're bashing.

Deleted
    Telling you again, maybe focus more on your own shit before you try to toss mud at the USA without understanding even the half of it anyway.
    Last I've checked you lacking behind most other freed former east block nations. Some of them are doing mighty fine already, and don't have to rely on the very nations you're bashing.
    What does me being romanian has to do with my post? If anything any american should take critizism from outside, obv. american parter countries, since they sometime overlook issues because of their bias.

Literally regardless who you guys vote in autumn, I'll see maybe a 0.1% change in my life. Hence why I don't have a horse to bet on in this race!

10+ Year Old Account
    What does me being romanian has to do with my post? If anything any american should take critizism from outside, obv. american parter countries, since they sometime overlook issues because of their bias.
    You seriously asking this?
    I've told you that already before

You are 5600 miles (over 9000km) away from the USA. You have no other knowledge sources other than news outlets. That is all you can fall back at.
    You've with that, not even half of a concept about the complexities, the intertwined connections.
    The pulse of the people, that only happens in the streets and the homes of the people, outside the internet.
    I can assure you that much.. The real USA is nowhere to be found on the Internet. Not even close.
    It does not consist of Tweets, Snap-chat, Facebook and whatever entries anywhere.

Much like no one but YOU could make an educated judgment about the intertwined connections of Romania, because the life in the streets of your cities only ever happens in the streets of your cities.
    True for every single country there is.

Criticism against America is validated, where it's due.
    But, then at least know what you are talking about. You've to have that part nailed down that evades you.
    And you don't criticize btw. You are accusing.
    You making accusations of violations of the laws, without providing any credible evidence, if evidence at all.
    Random private videos, or conspiracy theories outlets are not sufficient proof, not even evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I really did just fall off my chair laughing!

She is the clearest example of a puppet you will ever see in politics across the entire world. Her flip-flopping on every issue is clear proof shes a puppet.
    I believe it's the Republican's candidate that's on the records for saying, that sticking to one's opinion is a bad thing when it shows how that would be a wrong opinion.
    And I actually agree with him on that.
    Flip Flopping isn't the same as evolving a stance.
    Flip flopping = I say "the sky is always purple" today. And "the sky is always green" tomorrow.
    That is flip flopping. Because that's changing a statement on the fly, contradicting oneself with a days period.

Evolving an opinion:
    Making a statement today, and progressively changing it over a medium or long range of time. Several month, or years.
    That is not flip flopping. That is intelligent human behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally regardless who you guys vote in autumn, I'll see maybe a 0.1% change in my life. Hence why I don't have a horse to bet on in this race!
    Gotta tell you that again too, it seems..
    I am not voting in the US elections, I'm only a resident of the country.
    But you are wrong. Possibly even dead wrong (though I think that's only a very small chance).
    Here's the fine print that effects you and me equally.
    IF Trump becomes President, and IF he gets through with his will or stance, then you are very much effected. Then the protective arm of the US forces is no longer shielding you from a possible Russian interference in your freedoms. You know that there's only Ukraine and the Black Sea between you and Putin's ambitions.
    As per Trump, any NATO member who does not contribute their 2% budget participation to NATO, shall not receive US aid, in the event of a military dispute.
    Sadly, Romania has little to offer as a bargain either. My own country too doesn't contribute 2%, but at least we have some bartering levers. The US benefits from us allowing them maintaining a plethora of military bases, incl their head quarter of USAFE-AFAFRICA.
    So if Trump wants to piss on my country, I'd say let's tango.
    All in all, FACT... For us Europeans, Clinton is the to go choice. And that choice is not even close.
    We've traditionally fared better in Europe with Democratic US governments.
    Sometimes the differences were rather marginal. But this time around, it's immense.
    If we want to protect our European peace and safety, we better support the Clinton bid, as much as we can as outsiders.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-07-29 at 10:58 AM.