Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage Professions in Legion

So what is the general Profession lineup looking for Mages for Top raiding in Legion? Curious to see what people are looking at so far.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    So what is the general Profession lineup looking for Mages for Top raiding in Legion? Curious to see what people are looking at so far.
    Alchemist and herbolist. Free potions, and 2 hours flask

Still no direct bonuses. A gathering profession for Blood of Sargeras isn't a bad pick.

I've been enchanting tailoring forever and I don't see any pressing need to change.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-07-26 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Still no direct bonuses. A gathering profession for Blood of Sargeras isn't a bad pick.

I've been enchanting tailoring forever and I don't see any pressing need to change.
    ^THIS 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

I have the same exact professions and i find it to be a brilliant combo, since they are both very useful "producing" professions that do not require a gathering to function, since cloth is found and enchanting materials are obtained through disenchanting stuff that i would sell otherwise.

Deleted
    things to clear: in which zone starts my profession quests? especially tailoring and enchanting

Quote Originally Posted by Fave View Post
    things to clear: in which zone starts my profession quests? especially tailoring and enchanting
    They both start in Dalaran on Beta.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm JC and Tailoring. Have been since end of TBC. Nothing seems to be worth switching
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I'm likewise sticking with JC and Tailoring.

Moreso because I'm fucking lazy and don't feel like switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Fave View Post
    Dalaran then you can loot cloth off of any mobs that are the normal cloth droppers, gather enough and you are sent to the zone in the bottom left I can't think of its name right now A something.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm going with JC since there crafted item has gem slots, and enchanting due to how expensive enchants are early on

Deleted
    I'm sticking to tailoring and engineering.
    Tailoring because of above mentioned reasons and engineering because... IT'S SO GOD DAMN FUN!

Deleted
    Staying with Inscription and herbing.

Want the DMC:Trinket for fire, plus its solid for making money afterwards.

My mage is Enchanting and Tailoring, and i see no reason to change it. Seems fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining/Engineering on my Gnome...?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    for Top raiding
    There is zero personal benefit after you enter combat with any profession. You can only think of this from a gold making standpoint or a general distribution of utilities for the raid standpoint. You won't see the meters changing with any of them after those two factors are out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    There is zero personal benefit after you enter combat with any profession. You can only think of this from a gold making standpoint or a general distribution of utilities for the raid standpoint. You won't see the meters changing with any of them after those two factors are out.
    Pretty much this, the only reason i am herbing/inscription is to get vantus ruins for the guild and the DMC:Hellfire trinket for my firemage which is looking like it will be BiS with the upgrade system keeping it as high an ilvl as possible. Also meaning i won't also need to drop the gold cap on the AH to get one, and maybe make some gold myself on selling cards for crafting them.

I'm Tailoring and Enchanting. With no bigger bags coming in Tailoring might take a hit. But I still won't change it. I don't think you can really go wrong with anything.

Deleted
    Enchanting goes to Aszuna first, then Highmountain, and finally Stormheim... as far as I can remember, most/all of it is irrelevant until 110 anyway. Enchants are too expensive and replaced too early with 1* enchanting.

Tailoring will not really be taking a hit when we have so many cloth users needing the crafted gear.

Deleted
    There are no direct bonuses for pve performance what's so ever. If you are maining mage I would definitely go enchanting, because that simply best profession on any main as you will be getting the most items. Other than that it does not really matter. You could choose one gathering profession or even two as that will be char you spend the most time in the world. Personally I would go ench/tailor or ench/eng if you like the perks.