Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Actually Sweden and Germany both are trying to do their fair share and both are top countries in Europe. Meanwhile you have a country like Hungary which is anti immigration and look where they are.
    Yea, Hungary would definitely be improved by immigration, rofl. Totally gonna boost that lower standard of living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yea, Hungary would definitely be improved by immigration, rofl. Totally gonna boost that lower standard of living.
    Countries which embrace immigration are generally those that are more successful. Meanwhile look at Hungary and other such countries. Absolutely struggling. They only have themselves to blame.

I love it when a left leaning German citizen tells Tennis he is wrong, but that guy's opinion doesn't matter as he is just an "ordinary citizen" lol. Tennis is the best troll MMOC has to offer

- - - Updated - - -

Actually Sweden and Germany both are trying to do their fair share and both are top countries in Europe. Meanwhile you have a country like Hungary which is anti immigration and look where they are.
    You realize that they were already doing very well correct? You do realize the negative effects of this immigration policy won't be fully realized until many years down the road correct?

Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    The poor woman is in too deep now so can't back out. Hopefully she leads by example and lets 5 or 6 immigrants crash at her place. Maybe even build an immigration camp in her back garden.
    We got this far due to being ashamed of creating the Nazis, BY GOD WE'RE GOING TO BURN TO THE GROUND BECAUSE WE CREATED THE NAZIS! PAY FOR THE SINS OF YOUR FATHERS.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Were you spouting off this stupid rhetoric when Bush invaded Iraq and people voice their opinions against it?

Didn't think so quit being a hypocrite.
    I sure wasn't. Chancellor Merkel on the other hand is being praised by human rights groups and others for her response. Big difference.

Deleted
    Well I am worried how some people here think her politics aren't the most conservative/middle-right we have in Germany. I for sure hope we get a true left counselor who will not just handle the refugee crisis as it is but also support Greece instead of threatening it etc. There is a lot of space were Germany can do better.

I sure wasn't. Chancellor Merkel on the other hand is being praised by human rights groups and others for her response. Big difference.
    I'm sure Hitler was praised by various groups as well. Doesn't mean what he did was right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Well I am worried how some people here think her politics aren't the most conservative/middle-right we have in Germany. I for sure hope we get a true left counselor who will not just handle the refugee crisis as it is but also support Greece instead of threatening it etc. There is a lot of space were Germany can do better.
    It can start with it's shame culture because of WW2. It's been 70+ years it's time to let it go and stop blaming yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Politicians did use their brain, and tried to do everything to get more countries to accept refugees - but everyone said, "No, we don't need them". Merkel did what she could do, accepting as many refugees as Germany can handle and urging other countries to do the same.

Everyone blames Merkel, but no one realizes what the alternative to her decision would be. If she also said, "Nope, we aren't accepting anyone", then you know what would be happening? Hordes of refugees roaming around Europe, asking for a refuge everywhere and being denied. Now THAT would be crisis. It wouldn't be just people who live in their shelters, sipping taxpayers' money and occasionally doing nasty things - it would be much worse, it would be desperate people who have no way to survive, other than to get what they need by force.
    OR, they would return to Syria and, out of desperation, join the civil war, destabilizing the region to such a point, there will be not 1 ISIS, but 20 ISISes.

There is no winning move in this game. You have to choose between a lot of unpleasant scenarios, and she chose a better one than people here on forums tend to suggest.

He has been trolling ever since his dad gave him a small loan of a million dollars.
    if she wanted to bring in some refugees fine, start with a rational number of applicants relative to the amount of people in your country. Canada has a pop of 35M, most of it is uninhabitable land, but anyway we brought in around 25,000 refugees and placed them somewhat evenly in our provinces. Germany has a pop of 80.62m. ill assume around 80m since its more even, so they could bring in like, 70,000 refugees max? see how they do. dont just bring in over 800k all at once, thats just stupid. yes germans may feel nazi guilt sometimes, but that was a long time ago, and honestly not all of the germans were nazis yet they are all being punished by Merkel. would there be more problems in syria if germany took less refugees? sure. but if they all joined isis Syria could just get bombed even more and ISIS would be pushed further underground.

Countries which embrace immigration are generally those that are more successful. Meanwhile look at Hungary and other such countries. Absolutely struggling. They only have themselves to blame.
    Hungary and other countries were destroyed by ww2 and communism,both of which are Germany fault.

Accepting uneducated,violent masses wont make those countries better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    It can start with it's shame culture because of WW2. It's been 70+ years it's time to let it go and stop blaming yourself.
    No it's not. The shame we suffer currently from started when colonialism started. Not sure why we should suddenly hone our physical borders when we sucked outside dry.

I think to top tonights Hillary's commencement speech we'll have a video of her husband dozing off during it.

Deleted
    What a speech...Merkel says a lot of things but nothing new.
    Ok tbh I didn't expect to hear anything of worth from Merkel, for this reason I never voted her.

I mean the real problem was that Europe and especially germany did everthing to build up a wall and let nobody in (hello Dublin contract).
    and then out of nowhere after 4 years Merkel changed her mind by 180°.
    Nobody in Germany was prepared for this, and oh wonder nobody could have in mind that something like "we take all refugees from syria" will go viral via social media and a lot of black sheeps will jump on the band wagon.

The cost of every refugee will aprox be 1k €/month for housing and food, how many refugees could be helped in Libanon with 1k€/month?
    I would say a lot more then here in germany.

Every law change since last year will not solve the current problem.

We even didn't know how many refugees we're housing, is it 400k, or maybe 1 million or maybe more? We don't know it exactily and we don't know it who the people are.

They're aprox 200k people with a rejected asylum application but we can't get them out of the land, because either ther home countrys didn't accept them, there to sick to travel or they magically disapear before the police visit them.

Merkel should have sayed we didn't take any new refugees and wi'll solve our mess and concentrating the integration process....but this would be logical and this women isn't logical.

A law change for legal immigration (including valid papers/pasports) via airplane and only accepting families after the approved application (as example in a german embassy) had prevented a lot of the current problems.
    Last edited by mmoc191f272eb9; 2016-07-29 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It was pretty well communicated here in the press. Not sure what you're talking about...
    To recap: the EU (and other countries) practically closed the borders - and the closed borders mean that asylum seekers don't reach Germany - and they are hunger-striking at the border fences in Serbia, or just hungering at the Syrian-Jordan border.

You say that this been well-communicated (after having to show you that asylum seekers don't take the Italian route; the numbers are just a lot lower compared to 2015) - and that Merkel stands by her refugee policy. And assumedly that it is intended to actually help asylum seekers.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2016-07-29 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    No it's not. The shame we suffer currently from started when colonialism started. Not sure why we should suddenly hone our physical borders when we sucked outside dry.
    Because what you did was natural back then.
    Does a lion feels remorse for mauling and eating a lamb?

I liked comparing Merkel to Thatcher and then Hitler... you guys know no limits, do you? 2 second thoughts hitting you like raindrops in a monsoon. And you think everyone one of them is like a brilliant epiphany, if only we listened to you. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

This is why women shouldn't be leaders. If hillary wins, USA will face the same fate.
    I'm so, so sorry.

Deleted
    Always makes me laugh when cucks casually title her "Chancellor", it's the same shit as when people called Hitler "Führer". A nation of castrated weaklings such as Germany will always remain dependant on dictators. But you know what, it's fine that you want to erase yourself from history, I'm actually glad you are doing it. But do you really have to enforce your suicidal ways on rest of the continent?

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    Always makes me laugh when cucks casually title her "Chancellor", it's the same shit as when people called Hitler "Führer". A nation of castrated weaklings such as Germany will always remain dependant on dictators. But you know what, it's fine that you want to erase yourself from history, I'm actually glad you are doing it. But do you really have to enforce your suicidal ways on rest of the continent?
    It's not "casually titling" her when it's the official position she is holding. You have to be a very special breed of braindead to twist that into Germans being castrated weaklings depending on a dictator. Especially since she barely has dictatorial powers. But then, I'm not expecting much from someone like you. So this is probably the extent of your intellectual abilities. You did a good job! You used letters and actually formed words with them. You should be proud of yourself.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I wonder how will Merkel stand up to Margaret Thatcher in the 'most hated of all time' politicians list.
    "Most hated politician on the Internet"? I think it is actually a praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Hungary and other countries were destroyed by ww2 and communism,both of which are Germany fault.
    Communism is Germany fault? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.