Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Was the August 30 release date too ambitious?

We are now only 1 month away from launch, yet there seems to be many lingering issues surrounding Legion at this point:

1. Critical phasing issues
    2. Camera/graphics issues
    3. Many crucial bugs
    4. Imbalanced content
    5. UI issues

And we haven't even started talking about the actual new content coming with Legion, new class, pre patch events, class balance, pvp balance, raid tuning, etc.

Considering the above, do you believe that the August 30 release date was too ambitious? A smooth and balanced launch seems like an improbability at this point. Should they have waited until September 21 to give themselves a few more weeks to get the game in order before launch?

It would have always been buggy. They are already delaying a lot of the things. A lot of problems only come to light, once a 4 million people are testing it.

So will the launch be smooth? Nope. Going to have a fair share of bugs. We can only hope it's not too game-breaking this time around.

But every week without new content is quite damaging as well. I'm guessing most people prefer slightly buggy new content over no new content.

Without a doubt the 30th of august is rushed. I can't blame them though. They promised a yearly expansion, and what we got was over a year of HFC.

The forums were even fuller than usual with whiners about lack of content, bitching non-stop for more. Blizzard had to shift into overdrive and get out something ambitious. It goes against their entire "its finished when its finished" policy, but with the ammount of feedback that went ignored from the beta forums and the extremly buggy state of everything, they are rushing to the finish line atm.

Btw I'm not saying that the ignored feedback means they didn't read it. They just didn't take the time to reply to the threads and giving their vision. I know they talked in the really big forum posts with constructive feedback during previous beta periods, just this one is awkwardly silent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta/PTR servers can only do so much, I imagine the sheer volume of players on live servers just destroys the numbers they get to stress test on PTR and whatnot. Pre-expansion patches are more like pushing the PTR onto live so they can identify the problems that occur from the high volume of players, or the more rare issues like motion sickness (I know "a lot" of people have issues, but I didn't hear anything about it on the PTR/beta).

Does it feel rushed? A little, but with how demanding people are these days for new stuff, you can't blame Blizzard for giving people what they want if they don't want to be patient and wait for a finished product.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-07-29 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    You're not playing the latest version. You're just playing the latest version that has been published on the beta. The latest version might very well have fixed most of those things.

However, if you're concerned, go make a hundred bug reports. Posting here won't do anything. I'd go too, but I don't have the beta, so it's up to all of you who do have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Without a doubt the 30th of august is rushed. I can't blame them though. They promised a yearly expansion, and what we got was over a year of HFC.

The forums were even fuller than usual with whiners about lack of content, bitching non-stop for more. Blizzard had to shift into overdrive and get out something ambitious. It goes against their entire "its finished when its finished" policy, but with the ammount of feedback that went ignored from the beta forums and the extremly buggy state of everything, they are rushing to the finish line atm.

Btw I'm not saying that the ignored feedback means they didn't read it. They just didn't take the time to reply to the threads and giving their vision. I know they talked in the really big forum posts with constructive feedback during previous beta periods, just this one is awkwardly silent.
    Please get Blizzard's wiener out of your mouth. Legion should have been out months ago already. You do realize WoD is almost a 2 year expac with half of the content as normal right? We're not fucking whining we are just asking for the same quality we are used to getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Beta/PTR servers can only do so much, I imagine the sheer volume of players on live servers just destroys the numbers they get to stress test on PTR and whatnot. Pre-expansion patches are more like pushing the PTR onto live so they can identify the problems that occur from the high volume of players, or the more rare issues like motion sickness (I know a lot of people have issues, but I didn't hear anything about it on the PTR/beta).

Does it feel rushed? A little, but with how demanding people are these days for new stuff, you can't blame Blizzard for giving people what they want if they don't want to be patient and wait for a finished product.
    How the fuck can it feel rushed? Hfc is almost 14 MONTHS OLD. There game is rotting we needed Legion months ago

Yearly expansion always sounded so outlandish to me. I wouldn't mind a long expansion, as long as there is content to do. Filler raids like they had back in Wotlk were always nice.

People can complain about VoA, BH, and the 4 bosses in MOP, but my blood always got pumpin on tuesdays when i had a chance to get tier on an alt. It was fun and nice and was something to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People seem to have forgot from that Q&A that they are way ahead on whats actually playable on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We are now only 1 month away from launch, yet there seems to be many lingering issues surrounding Legion at this point:

3. Many crucial bugs
    4. Imbalanced content
    5. UI issues

And we haven't even started talking about the actual new content coming with Legion, new class, pre patch events, class balance, pvp balance, raid tuning, etc.

Considering the above, do you believe that the August 30 release date was too ambitious? A smooth and balanced launch seems like an improbability at this point. Should they have waited until September 21 to give themselves a few more weeks to get the game in order before launch?
    Pre-patch imbalance is irrelevant for legion. It's expected, always been this way. Camera issues are being fixed, and alot of them were played made.
    "Many crucial bugs" isn't very helpful. The standard blizzard UI is working as intended. That your addon makers are messing about isn't Blizzard fault or area of responsibility.

Even so, it might be abit early - but atm, I rather play a somewhat buggy release than the old dry content all over again.

Deleted
    Yes.

And I'm not even talking about what's live or not.. I'm just saying they would need a bit more time. Heck, they're releasing it because the contract demands it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Please get Blizzard's wiener out of your mouth. Legion should have been out months ago already. You do realize WoD is almost a 2 year expac with half of the content as normal right? We're not fucking whining we are just asking for the same quality we are used to getting.

- - - Updated - - -

How the fuck can it feel rushed? Hfc is almost 14 MONTHS OLD. There game is rotting we needed Legion months ago
    How does HFC being 14 months old have anything to do with there being a significant number of bugs with a lot of the features implemented in this new patch?

You very clearly have a vendetta against Blizzard though, maybe you should move on to different games.

How does HFC being 14 months old have anything to do with there being a significant number of bugs with a lot of the features implemented in this new patch?
    its in reference to your comment about all the whiners complaining about a lack of content. because there was a severe lack of content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post

3. Many crucial bugs
    4. Imbalanced content
    5. UI issues

I'll bite, why not.

1. Critical Phasing issues; I have encountered one or two but I would not call them critical. The game is more than playable right now.
    2. Graphics issues. Which ones?
    3. What bugs?
    4. Have you ever played during another prepatch? It is always imbalanced.
    5. What ui issues? Those have been fixed, unless they are caused by third party addons. Which has nothing to do with Blizzard.

Your whole post sounds like a cry for attention to me. You just list general topics without any specifics that bother you.

You very clearly have a vendetta against Blizzard though, maybe you should move on to different games.
    Nothing at all, but there must always be some idiot who calls someone a fanboy.
    A fanboy can't be defined by that narrow viewpoint, but still the jerks insist on using one of their favourite buzzwords.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I would be concerned about is critical phasing issues.

The rest of your list unfortunately is basically no different from any other launch I've experienced.

2. Every expansion
    3. Every expansion (I loved sitting there outside the Horde garrison trying to survey the land for 2 hours on launch day)
    4. Every expansion
    5. Are you referring to player made addons? I'm sure people will have them up and running by the time a true release version pops up, normally doesn't take long, if you mean their base UI, I don't really see any big issues?

Maybe they meant yearly RAID TIERS

Deleted
    If you have played the beta you can clearly see how "unfinished" it is, filled with bugs on every corner. Legion is being rushed harder than WoD because Blizzard has no other choice, i wouldn't expect to get "complete" product until maybe 7.1-7.2. They even had to cut out a full zone to try to make the deadline.

10+ Year Old Account
    its in reference to your comment about all the whiners complaining about a lack of content. because there was a severe lack of content.
    You specifically asked me why it felt rushed.

It's quite simple, it feels rushed because it feels unfinished. The previous post had difficult wording I guess, so I simplified it for you.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-07-29 at 10:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prepatch have always been this kind of open beta thingy so I don't thing there is much too worry about. It might seem ambitious tho as I don't think there was so many issues in past pre patches. But the difference doesn't seem to be that huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really feel this prepatch is any different or more buggy than all the previous prepatches...which were also a total imbalanced mess.

Way back in 2.0 prepatch I did non-stop BGs as a feral druid one shotting people from stealth cause the tuning was utterly broken. Had a laugh for a few weeks, then the expansion came around and things got sorted.

It's nothing unusual really.