Old combat text possible?

Im looking for an addon or script if possible to get these numbers back: http://m.imgur.com/a/9Gaul

I cant stand the new overlapping, its so messy i cant see anything and the text is very unsatisfactory when you get a crit.

I'd really like the same. I just can't tell what they even say right now. I posted in another thread about it, if they have anything to share, I'll report back.

Try to use this: /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamageDirectionalScale 0 , but numbers begin overlap yourself, dont know how to fix it yet.
    Last edited by witchking7; 2016-07-24 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Im looking for an addon or script if possible to get these numbers back: http://m.imgur.com/a/9Gaul

I cant stand the new overlapping, its so messy i cant see anything and the text is very unsatisfactory when you get a crit.
    We may have to wait for an addon, or an update from something like SCT.

I don't mind it too much myself, but I do prefer the old ones.

I think it was changed for Font resolution reasons on displays over 1080?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by witchking7 View Post
    Try to use this: /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamageDirectionalScale 1 , but numbers begin overlap yourself, dont know how to fix it yet.
    This does what exactly?
    I'm also assuming that setting the value to 0 will reset it back to normal incase something screws up?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

This is starting to make the game feel unplayable at this rate. I want the good old flash crits back. Blizzard please

The new text is so tiny as well. Do not like.

the increased resolution on the fonts was much overdue, but the size is just way to small now, very hard to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    The new text is so tiny as well. Do not like.
    It's not tiny.
    Your camera just has to be IN the thing you are hitting (the further you are away the smaller the numbers get), which is really fucking stupid.
    I hate it.
    At least let us change the number size to some fixed value....

Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Im looking for an addon or script if possible to get these numbers back: *removed since I can't post links*

Wouldn't any random damage font addon work?

Use AdvancedInterfaceOptions and you will get an extra pane for Floating Combat Text. I enabled everything except "Directional Scale" and it looks like old combat text. If that's not good enough, go to the cvar section of the addon, type in 'floating' without the quotes and change stuff there (1 = on, 0 = off) until it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Use AdvancedInterfaceOptions and you will get an extra pane for Floating Combat Text. I enabled everything except "Directional Scale" and it looks like old combat text. If that's not good enough, go to the cvar section of the addon, type in 'floating' without the quotes and change stuff there (1 = on, 0 = off) until it looks good.
    You mean the script someone posted?
    /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamageDirectionalScale 1
    or
    /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamageDirectionalScale 0
    This didn't revert the change to what it was prior to Legion. Well, not completely anyway.

The '0' value just made it so the font was above the target. I'm on a 1920x1080 display, running the game client in 1600x900, and the font is pretty small. Side-by-side with my browser, looks to be about 10pt Font with the new max camera distance.

So it seems I may need to get an addon to modify the on-screen damage font+size.

Added edited note:

The font size does seem to reduce as my target gets larger. (Like Fel Reaver or Archimonde), my font with the combat text gets so much smaller... Ugh, really want the older combat 'flytext' to come back.
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-08-13 at 07:32 AM.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Yeah, i've looked everywhere at this point to no success. Just gotta hope blizzard gives us options or fixes the small size i guess