Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    If you have played the beta you can clearly see how "unfinished" it is, filled with bugs on every corner. Legion is being rushed harder than WoD because Blizzard has no other choice, i wouldn't expect to get "complete" product until maybe 7.1-7.2. They even had to cut out a full zone to try to make the deadline.
    Have you played beta in the last couple of weeks? Besides the occasional lag, the number of bugs and "unfinished" content that I've found is almost down to 0. When I initially joined the beta I sent in somewhere in the area of 20 - 100 bug reports per play session. Now I hardly send 1, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    If you have played the beta you can clearly see how "unfinished" it is, filled with bugs on every corner. Legion is being rushed harder than WoD because Blizzard has no other choice, i wouldn't expect to get "complete" product until maybe 7.1-7.2. They even had to cut out a full zone to try to make the deadline.
    What full zone was cut? God I love when people make up complete bullshit.

Having played the beta for many hours, it has the usual amount of bugs, nothing too major (though some have been around a while). Honestly I think not enough people report them, ESPECIALLY the streamers, they see the bugs, they bitch, but never report them.

I expect the first week will be the usual shitshow, but by raid week I imagine most of the big issues will be cleared. No doom and gloom needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post

Having played the beta for many hours, it has the usual amount of bugs, nothing too major (though some have been around a while). Honestly I think not enough people report them, ESPECIALLY the streamers, they see the bugs, they bitch, but never report them.

I expect the first week will be the usual shitshow, but by raid week I imagine most of the big issues will be cleared. No doom and gloom needed.
    Yeah I'm not seeing really any bugs on beta right now, except for occasional lag I'm not seeing anything.

I literally see no reason at all why Legion can't be released on August 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Yeah I'm not seeing really any bugs on beta right now, except for occasional lag I'm not seeing anything.

I literally see no reason at all why Legion can't be released on August 30th.
    I believe its black rock hold I was in one of the mobs has a blink, blinked into wall and bugged out/reset for us a few days ago. Nothing huge, but on mythic+ would certainly suck donkey balls.

Also don't believe they have fixed all the trait issues with Reap on the affliction artifact.

Again nothing big, just the usual bugs you get with any large update.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We are now only 1 month away from launch, yet there seems to be many lingering issues surrounding Legion at this point:

1. Critical phasing issues
    2. Camera/graphics issues
    3. Many crucial bugs
    4. Imbalanced content
    5. UI issues

And we haven't even started talking about the actual new content coming with Legion, new class, pre patch events, class balance, pvp balance, raid tuning, etc.

Considering the above, do you believe that the August 30 release date was too ambitious? A smooth and balanced launch seems like an improbability at this point. Should they have waited until September 21 to give themselves a few more weeks to get the game in order before launch?
    Not rushed at all. You are reaching for straws here.

Phasing issues are almost resolved. As are the camera issues.

What crucial other bugs?

What imbalanced content?

What UI issues?

Deleted
    A zone was cut, although because it was turd allegedly.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas

'Thal'dranath
    Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion.
    It won't be a reduction in content delivered to players, just that the team had a better and way cooler idea.
    Thal'dranath was yet another ancient elven ruined island that has a heavy Legion presence. There is already a lot of that in Broken Isles.
    There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You specifically asked me why it felt rushed.

It's quite simple, it feels rushed because it feels unfinished. The previous post had difficult wording I guess, so I simplified it for you.
    I guess it was more of a rhetorical statement. Like I ask you the question but I don't want your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrazor View Post

'Thal'dranath
    Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion.
    It won't be a reduction in content delivered to players, just that the team had a better and way cooler idea.
    Thal'dranath was yet another ancient elven ruined island that has a heavy Legion presence. There is already a lot of that in Broken Isles.
    There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been.'
    So again you are just lying, a zone wasn't cut it was REPLACED, but nice try.

In case you are wondering, the only development as for as in game resources towards Thal'dranath was a flat island with I believe 4 trees on it and some MS paint level words.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2016-07-29 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I guess it was more of a rhetorical statement. Like I ask you the question but I don't want your opinion.
    1: How does "How the fuck can it feel rushed? Hfc is almost 14 MONTHS OLD." sound rethorical? You clearly want his reason his statement.
    2: Rethorical questions don't work that great on online forums, since part of it is achieved by the way you voice your question.

Also regarding "Please get Blizzard's wiener out of your mouth. Legion should have been out months ago already."

No it shouldn't, I would rather wait another 2 months and just unsub for the duration and have a finished product, than it launching months ago in a really unfinished, unpolished state and have a bad experience. Thats not blizzard wiener sucking, as you put it so deligently, its just wanting a good experience.

Oh look its styil again with his daily thread on how the game is terrible, in the usual vague manner without actually naming any concrete problems.

7.0 works fine. I've been playing the beta for weeks, and if Legion went live today without any additional fixes it would be perfectly fine and enjoyable.
    No game is ever perfectly bug free, or it would never get released. Noone really cares about small glitches here and there, 5 minutes after they happened you forgot about them already.

And they still have a month to fix any bigger issues, which is plenty time. They already acknowledged a variety of issues and are actively working on them. In fact the 22306 build currently on Beta/PTR fixed a variety of midly annoying issues I personally noticed and reported (supposedly coming to live next week).

I mean, there's a huge damage exploit on beta still yet to be fixed. Shockingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted
    So again you are just lying, a zone wasn't cut it was REPLACED, but nice try.
    Ion Hazzikostas asst. game director, at 10:00 minutes into the video specifically refers to it as cut content. Uses the actual words 'cut content'.

I have no dogs in this fight. I honestly don't give a shit if it was cut, replaced or turned into a magical fluffy unicorn and launched into the sun. I was mearly hoping to shed light on where the other poster possible got the idea of a zone being removed. There was really no need for you to be so immature as to sling insults at people trying to give you references and insight.

Ion Hazzikostas asst. game director, at 10:00 minutes into the video specifically refers to it as cut content. Uses the actual words 'cut content'.

I have no dogs in this fight. I honestly don't give a shit if it was cut, replaced or turned into a magical fluffy unicorn and launched into the sun. I was mearly hoping to shed light on where the other poster possible got the idea of a zone being removed. There was really no need for you to be so immature as to sling insults at people trying to give you references and insight.
    And once again you are missing his point entirely. They might have said "cut content" but they also said instead of doing that zone they came up with something better and were doing that. So once again nothing was truly cut just done differently.

Not in the slightest. What imbalanced content is it that you are referring to? I am very impressed with things on the beta and have played it like it's the live game for months now. The bugs are always going to happen and anyone ok beta saw this phasing issue a mile away as it amanifested three different ways in the beta.
    Just be excited. Either way, what's another 4 weeks gonna do if you believe it is rushed?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted

Honestly you are stooping really low with this.

If you dont have any dogs in this fight i urge you to stop reaching here.

You are trying to awaken the "omfg no content in legion they cut everything they PROMISED US MORE" crowd with this shit

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Not in the slightest. What imbalanced content is it that you are referring to? I am very impressed with things on the beta and have played it like it's the live game for months now. The bugs are always going to happen and anyone ok beta saw this phasing issue a mile away as it amanifested three different ways in the beta.
    Just be excited. Either way, what's another 4 weeks gonna do if you believe it is rushed?
    I think he is talking about how imbalanced things are in pre-patch which everyone who has ever played through a pre-patch knows that things are tuned for after launch of a Expansion.... This one being no different.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We are now only 1 month away from launch, yet there seems to be many lingering issues surrounding Legion at this point:

1. Critical phasing issues
    2. Camera/graphics issues
    3. Many crucial bugs
    4. Imbalanced content
    5. UI issues

And we haven't even started talking about the actual new content coming with Legion, new class, pre patch events, class balance, pvp balance, raid tuning, etc.

Considering the above, do you believe that the August 30 release date was too ambitious? A smooth and balanced launch seems like an improbability at this point. Should they have waited until September 21 to give themselves a few more weeks to get the game in order before launch?
    Blizzards' biggest problem - they try to fix, what isn't broken. Do they need to make changes just for the sake of making changes? I guess, no.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    all the issues mentioned are valid but bare this in mind

there is still 1 month to rectify these which is a long time.

Blizzard are aware of these issues which means there are teams working around the clock to try and sort these.

Insult? I called you on a lie, I have watched the interview, they said they cut Thal because it was another NE place and replaced it with something much cooler, maybe YOU should watch it LOL. Take your pompous I'm better than you attitude and leave this conversation

1. Thal'Dranath was meant to be a patch zone, so it wasn't "cut" from the initial release.
    2. Thal'Dranath was pretty much just a piece of land on the map, almost no development was done to it.
    3. Thal'Dranath was not "cut" per se, but removed due to Blizzard having a better idea for the patch zone with which Thal'Dranath will be replaced.