Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes, updating legal language to reflect how people speak now. The world is truly ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Here we go again. In a move sure to bring more voters to Donald Trump who are sick and tired of political correctness being shoved down our throats, President Obama signs a law requiring all references to Oriental and Negro to be removed from all government documentation, bowing to political correctness once again. Yes, the terms could be considered outdated, but instead of spending 10s of thousands of man hours scouring federal documents and probably billions of dollars paying people to find and correct the terms, couldnt we just wait until new documents are created phasing the terms out naturally, just like they did in every day life?

I could understand if they had "Nigger" and "Chink" as check boxes on a form, but Negro (describing the color black) and Oriental (describing a location, the Orient) arent names, they are descriptions which are even still used in many countries. In addition the law also removes Eskimo, Indian, Aleut, and Spanish-Speaking. Just ridiculous!!!

Doesnt Obama have anything better to spend his time on? Like maybe removing ISIS from the planet?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presi...ry?id=39267499
    Eh, i'm not concerned. Freedom of speech is still intact. No harm done.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    So because you feel "Negro" is less offensive than "Nigger" it should sit there on record until it "naturally" goes away? Which, if it's in documentation, its already starting to age, so who knows when/if it will be updated or replaced depending on what it is.

I feel pretty sure, that if it was language derogatory to Caucasians it would have been replaced the moment it had been noticed, as opposed to 50+ years later. I'm sure no one will actually have an issue with this update.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-07-29 at 12:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Eh, i'm not concerned. Freedom of speech is still intact. No harm done.
    We do not have freedom of speech. What we have is a limited speech in some circumstances and only unlimited when done in a situation which allows it. And in some cases it is not even actual speech. :P

Deleted
    Here we go again. In a move sure to bring more voters to Donald Trump who are sick and tired of political correctness being shoved down our throats, President Obama signs a law requiring all references to Oriental and Negro to be removed from all government documentation, bowing to political correctness once again. Yes, the terms could be considered outdated, but instead of spending 10s of thousands of man hours scouring federal documents and probably billions of dollars paying people to find and correct the terms, couldnt we just wait until new documents are created phasing the terms out naturally, just like they did in every day life?

I could understand if they had "Nigger" and "Chink" as check boxes on a form, but Negro (describing the color black) and Oriental (describing a location, the Orient) arent names, they are descriptions which are even still used in many countries. In addition the law also removes Eskimo, Indian, Aleut, and Spanish-Speaking. Just ridiculous!!!

Doesnt Obama have anything better to spend his time on? Like maybe removing ISIS from the planet?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presi...ry?id=39267499
    2 issues that might make it a problem:

1. Does it really mean all documentation or just future documentation and current laws and policies. The second part would make sense. It feels like this policy wants to whitewash history, that's ussually coincides with rediculous entities.

2. Whats ofensive about Oriental, Eskimo, Indian, Aleut (what is that?) and Spanish-Speaking? I can understand Negro/Nigger (eventhough Negro is a description of skin colour just like white). Oriental i don't see anything ofensive but i guess it's not accurate anymore? I just dont see Oriental really used anymore except for history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I've checked ISIS is in big trouble as we speak.
    Their territory is on the brink of collapse from their control.
    Do you really need the information breast fed to you? STOP watching only FOX.
    There's plenty information out there showing you how the caliphate is fucked.

Plus.... A signature takes a couple seconds, max.
    At least for educated people who still know how to use a pen.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    its a law thats dumb and alot of people will break, just cos its illegal or punishable doesnt mean shit, i mean its illegal to download music and movies but people still do it, millions of people download music off youtube lol
    You skipped the first step in posting, read the original post.

It's not becoming illegal to say these words, they're being removed from federal laws.

You just show how ignorant anti-pc people truly are by posting nonsense like this.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Plus.... A signature takes a couple seconds, max.
    At least for educated people who still know how to use a pen.
    Having just Googled it, it seems he has quite a fancy dan signature, probably takes him weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Damn, what's wrong with oriental? O_o

USA is a really awkward place.
    Asian people really hate being called oriental, most people who call them this don't know they dislike it. As one Asian lady told me, "I am not a rug." It's a misnomer that non-asians use, I'm of the mindset that if you tell me you don't like being called something, even if its intention was harmless, then I would be an asshole to continue doing so. It doesn't hurt me any to not call you Oriental, in fact Asian is far easier to say.

And it isn't being 'PC SJW', it is just me chosing to not be an asshole once informed that someone doesn't want to be called something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    You skipped the first step in posting, read the original post.

It's not becoming illegal to say these words, they're being removed from federal laws.

You just show how ignorant anti-pc people truly are by posting nonsense like this.
    Imo it doesn't even have anything to do with pc or not pc..
    It's official language in the law books.
    The legislature signed by the President was apparently created by the lawmakers now.
    So it had to go through the Republican controlled Congress. That's the part that is ignored here.
    But I am fine with ignoring it, since I see how this is only a logic conclusion to clean up the law texts accordingly.
    The law isn't suppose to discriminate on anyone. For which, discriminating lingo would be counter productive.

Oh damn! The horror! How can you live in a country where your government documentation does not use words such as "negro".
    I mean, using this word in pretty much everthing your goverment writes is a must!

Please tell me the OP is just trolling or are people in the US actually worried about crap like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Why are we blaming Obama for this? This law would've had to pass both Republican-controlled wings of legislature to even get to his desk. If you're angry about this law, you should vote for Hillary.
    It only needed a handful of RINOs to pass it in addition to all of the democrats. Its was also Sponsored by a Democrat

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oriental" and "Negro" still were there before he signed it? This doesn't make sense. Well then, I'll insert my favorite phrase here:

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Why is this even an issue? Making things better should never be seen as something negative...

This must be Obama's plan to fight unemployment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Having just Googled it, it seems he has quite a fancy dan signature, probably takes him weeks.
    Don't forget, he's a true lefty.
    Adds another week. Writing with the wrong hand, who does that anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Calling black people Negros and east-asian people Oriental is akin to calling white people Honky. People hate being called oriental, they hate being called negro. Do you like being called honky, Orlong? Would you like if all legal references to white people were as honky?
    i dnt care what people call me cos im not a thin skinned SJW type person who would prolly start a campaign aginst shit for no reason, people in 2016 get so offended easily, they should reopen alcatraz and put them in a SJW camp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm sure Indian and Redskin will be allowed to remain though, right?
    Nope. Indian was banned too. Redskin was never used as far as I can tell as it isnt an official descriptor but rather a slang term, Its funny though that "White" wasnt banned in favor of the PC term Caucasian. White is simply a color like Negro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Damn, what's wrong with oriental? O_o

USA is a really awkward place.
    Negro is offensive, while Oriental is more outdated language than anything else. While, you're going back to remove one, might as well remove the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Please tell me the OP is just trolling or are people in the US actually worried about crap like this?
    The OP is Orlong.
    He's our forum's gremlin, and someone fed him again after midnight.