Thread: WoW Nampelates

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    i agree...i tried tidy plates beta, but wasnt worth it. Still waiting for the update

Is there a way to undo the /run scripts posted in this thread? I ran them, and changed nothing else, but now nameplates don't show up at all regardless of combat, distance, etc... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Is there a way to undo the /run scripts posted in this thread? I ran them, and changed nothing else, but now nameplates don't show up at all regardless of combat, distance, etc... Thanks!
    Mine dissapered aswell, just go into interface and turn them on again, the scripts work.

I found the answer via wowpedia (/console cvar_default).

They may work, but something with my ui is being screwy when I use them. I think I will do a complete ui redo and go from there lol. Thanks for trying to help!

I have managed to make an almost perfect replica of the old nameplates using BlizzardPlates from Tidy Plates.
    So far the size of the nameplates seems to be only 1px off in both width and height, but I decided not to bother more with that.
    Text sizes are also the exact same as previously.

The only thing I'm missing atm. is to adjust the size of the frame that shows the level of the mob, however I am not able to find this atm.
    In case anyone can help with the above that would be appreciated.

Otherwise if anyone is interested I can share the .lua file

i'm using KuiNameplates - everything is ok ^_^

I updated TidyPlates yday and it seems to work well now. I believe it was Beta5 that I downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    I have managed to make an almost perfect replica of the old nameplates using BlizzardPlates from Tidy Plates.
    So far the size of the nameplates seems to be only 1px off in both width and height, but I decided not to bother more with that.
    Text sizes are also the exact same as previously.

The only thing I'm missing atm. is to adjust the size of the frame that shows the level of the mob, however I am not able to find this atm.
    In case anyone can help with the above that would be appreciated.

Otherwise if anyone is interested I can share the .lua file
    I'm trying to do the same thing, and while the plates look very similar, tidy plates is the most buggy nameplate addon I've tried and the config is horrendous. I have plates disappearing until mouseovered, sometimes not even headline text is visible, and the auras widget doesn't work on any version I've tried.e Using beta 6 currently.

I don't know why there are so many nameplate addons around but none of them can do something as simple as restore the old functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I'm trying to do the same thing, and while the plates look very similar, tidy plates is the most buggy nameplate addon I've tried and the config is horrendous. I have plates disappearing until mouseovered, sometimes not even headline text is visible, and the auras widget doesn't work on any version I've tried.e Using beta 6 currently.

I don't know why there are so many nameplate addons around but none of them can do something as simple as restore the old functionality.
    Because it isn't there any longer.
    They didn't just turn something off.
    They changed it.

If it was so "simple", why are you not doing it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because it isn't there any longer.
    They didn't just turn something off.
    They changed it.

If it was so "simple", why are you not doing it yourself.
    The old LOOK, which tidy plates has been doing for YEARS and other old dead addons also did. Now we have 2312352352 addons all with these shitty ugly glow in the dark nameplates, apparently everyone and their grandma has a nameplate addon with a billion different options except the one every single forum is asking for.

You're right, I could make one, except I'd rather just not play the game? A lot of people have avoided buying legion due to the god awful UI alone, guess they should all learn to make addons rather than just play a better game?

A lot of people have avoided buying legion due to the god awful UI alone, guess they should all learn to make addons rather than just play a better game?
    nice joke. what new nameplates cant do what old one can? Oh. Show you auras without problems. Sure its bad and cuz of this noone buy legion.

I think his point was that the plates in default ui were changed so drastically, that authors of addons don't have the option to simply make it like it was before. I can't really see how you can call the entire UI god awful, but the plate changes are in that category for sure. Can't stand them no matter what I try addon wise lol.

everyone cry about everything. class changes, ui changes, system req changes

The old LOOK, which tidy plates has been doing for YEARS and other old dead addons also did. Now we have 2312352352 addons all with these shitty ugly glow in the dark nameplates, apparently everyone and their grandma has a nameplate addon with a billion different options except the one every single forum is asking for.

You're right, I could make one, except I'd rather just not play the game? A lot of people have avoided buying legion due to the god awful UI alone, guess they should all learn to make addons rather than just play a better game?
    You said FUNCTIONALITY.
    Which is very different from look.
    And from what I have seen here the bigger issues are the functionality rather than the appearance.

Unless this thread is coincidentally an exception to the rule, then the majority here are also saying the same thing.
    So don't pull that rubbish "everyone" excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if and how I can add the values of my health & mana/rage/etc in the "Personal Resource Display"?

I quite like it, but having the actual value as well would put the cherry on the cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Does anyone know if and how I can add the values of my health & mana/rage/etc in the "Personal Resource Display"?

I quite like it, but having the actual value as well would put the cherry on the cake.
    Still wondering if this is possible. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Still wondering if this is possible. Anyone know?
    You could make your own using weak auras