The only move he does that I hate is when he lifts a snowball out of the ground because the hitbox on it is retarded. I'll be under his hind legs and that shit still hits me. The rest of it though is fine, he lends himself well to adept.
    @Leblue lemme know if you wanna do any online stuffs for completionism. I'm working on online now but I don't quite feel like attempting to find people or even really do these like 50 bnahabra quests right away.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

@Baconeggcheese yeah my FC is in my signature if you wanna add me. As much as it drains my soul, I can't help but not complete every single quest possible. My group is very keen on moving forward through the hunting ranks asap which leaves a lot of quests by the wayside (some of them for upgrades to the kitchen even!). That said we're HR 6 right now (with like two quests till the urgent quest to go to 7).

So I'm making the switch from Adept bow to Aerial DB and I'm finding that I have to learn what attacks I can cheese with the aerial's jump invincibility frames (i.e. bouncing off of Glavenus's tail during his big spin hit). Yian Garuga is probably the most annoying thing to learn on though because he has this weird penchant to combo when you thought you were good or out of the way. Mitsuzune on the otherhand was a lot easier for me to bounce all over. Its nice actually being able to cut off tails though. I just need to get one more bloody wingtalon off of Seregios to make his dual blades (till I can find a nice blast set).

Also, don't forget to bring the proper drinks for the environments...Didn't bring any hot drinks to face off against the HR Gammoth and ended up going through most of my Well-done steaks that I brought with me (thank goodness it wasn't heat).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

@Leblue yeah I'm gonna be all competionist at some point and it looks like it'll be a massive pita to find people online to do some of these quests or to solo them for that matter. Sucks cause the people who got me into MH don't seem to be actively playing this time around so I don't have my normal group.

I'm working through the hunter ranks a bit slower, mostly just hitting up the fresher monster kill quests that I didn't have to do a bunch of times in village already and working my way up slowly.

30 hours in halfway through 4* village quests i discover if you are adept style you can roll through a monsters roar instead of needing earplugs or getting stunned and gives me a free lvl.4 charge shot.

Yeah adept evade roars is super OP whereas when I'm using aerial I need to have earplugs (because nothing's a bigger buzz kill than descending onto a monster as it roars and blows you away).

For cleaning out the lower HR hub quests, the prowler ones are probably going to be the most obnoxious tbh. The rest of LR I'll probably start slowly clearing out regardless once I get a rare 5/6 weapon (effectively overgearing it) just so that it doesn't take a day and a half to kill anything (iirc monsters have ~250% of their normal health values in online). The multitudes of gathering quests just take a bit longer since you wait on respawns (go go prowler mode) and even the bloody 50 bhanabara quest I can probably just work through since even with 4 people you've gotta wait on respawns anyway while gathering ones everyone has their own nodes.

One of the guys in our discord channel is HR 47 or something so I'm assuming at 7 or some point in 7 it unlocks just like it did in MH4U and with all the village quests done (and probably several more hub quests) I'll probably have a decent *starting* number when it happens as well.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    30 hours in halfway through 4* village quests i discover if you are adept style you can roll through a monsters roar instead of needing earplugs or getting stunned and gives me a free lvl.4 charge shot.
    You can roll through literally anything harmful. A Mizitsune bubble or a Malfestio confusion cloud. It isn't just direct hits.

Yeah damn near everything. I think there's like very very specific exceptions. Like kush's wind aura for instance I don't *think* you can evade through.

But yeah adept's the greatest thing ever. The more I fight things and learn the timings the more glued to them and untouchable I am.

Then you fight in any other style and have to effectively relearn every difficult monster you fought before i.e. Yian Garuga. That reason is actually partially why I'm straying away from Adept and moving to the very stylish Aerial Dual Blades because it almost feels like I'm cheating using Adept right now. That said I remember toying with Adept Greatsword on the demo and trying to get that full charge on Narcacuga ended up in me getting watted away like a fly so maybe its more Bow just being really able to take advantage of it fully.

usable iframes was really all that was missing from MH for me (besides transmog or something transmog-like xD), its probably my favorite thing in ARPG's ever. So I'm not terribly worried about other styles as I probably won't be using them much if at all.

I've derped around with aerial a bit since its the other neat DB style but it just seems like the cheesiest thing ever that makes everything significantly easier since you basically have innate evade extender which makes positioning a joke and being able to just spam mount attacks is shenanigans. Which is especially true online, where you knock the mob down once or twice and 4 people beat on it until its dead. I also am not crazy about how it fits into the kit, it's like when should you ever not be spamming mount attacks given the option?

I also haven't completely unlearned my positioning habits. A lot of the time I have to remember to force myself to position for an adept evade because most of the time I subconsciously position so I physically dodge the attacks and I've been missing a lot of adept evades early on that could have been extra dmg.

Got up to Yian Garuga and it feels like the pacing really improves as it goes on. From what i've heard the HR is where the best stuff is and they overloaded LR with garbage so roll on progress, but i'm also noticing at 4* the numbers of weapons explodes. I'm actually swapping out multiple bows for elemental effects. Right now Khezu, Hermitaur, Rathian and chaos bow are really shining for me.

Though i miss my Giggy Miggy bow that carried me through even a lot of HR in MH4U. But better a variety than stuck with one good one still like earlier i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the curse of the bow still exists and like the past 2 gens there's a bow that stands far above the rest. This time it's Teostra's bow. So enjoy the variety while it lasts.

I gotta say, it never ceases to amaze me how many people either don't care or are completely ignorant of their armor skills. Like I still hunt with people who's only active skill is guard +1 when they're using a hammer, but I don't understand why you'd choose to do that.

But what really gets me is when I see people with negative skills and empty slots to get rid of them. Why. At least if you don't have any negative skills I can pretend you're just fashion hunting, but with that its just flat out incompetence.

Some people look more into things than others (or don't farm whatever armor sets they do want). That said, I fully plan on making "gundam" sets that look like gundams and just running around in those regardless of armor skills. I'm personally not worried about it until I'm doing hyper monsters and end game Elder Dragons myself, but I also do most of my multiplayer with friends at the moment.

I'm totally understanding of people who look more / less into things. But we're not talkin bout that when someone has a negative skill and empty slots, at that point its not more or less, its not at all. The game teaches you fundamentals and these people ignored even that. It's just willful ignorance at that point.

I saw someone make an optimus prime set that was pretty fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    god damnit, my niece used my 3ds and she broke the circle pad... and there are no replacement circle pads in my country, ffs... maybe there's some nintendo customer support that will help me 8'(
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    god damnit, my niece used my 3ds and she broke the circle pad... and there are no replacement circle pads in my country, ffs... maybe there's some nintendo customer support that will help me 8'(
    If you can bare with the shipping time they vastly overproduced CPP's in japan so you cant get a really cheap replacement from there. I've bought a fair few for friends getting into monster hunter just because they can show up as cheap as like £5

Aerial style is just stupidly broken or is it just me ?

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you can bare with the shipping time they vastly overproduced CPP's in japan so you cant get a really cheap replacement from there. I've bought a fair few for friends getting into monster hunter just because they can show up as cheap as like £5
    its not my circle pad pro but my analog pad on my 3ds, that'd mean having to dismantle everything and getting a replacement, which there are none here in south murica T_T
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Aerial style is just stupidly broken or is it just me ?
    Solo? Not really. Dunno about Generations but in 4U speedrunners would avoid mounting solo because you'd lose more time than you'd gain.

In a group? Definitely with the new changes that allow your teammates to attack while mounting. It's especially OP for gunners because they don't have to stop attacking if the monster is struggling.